Trying to avoid the typical "newbie cry for help"

1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%

Trying to avoid the typical "newbie cry for help"

evening everyone . I have been a lurker here for a little while and finally decided to start contributing to the board after reading up on as much info as my brain could absorb. Thus I humbly seek your opinons,advice,flames or the likes. Ill give a little background so you might get a feel for me .

I am 22 and have been lifting for about 3 years solid now. I am 5'11 about 185lbs give or take and have no accurate measure of BF% but id surmise around 14%. I have developed a love for lifting- its not so much work as it is something I enjoy and look foward to. My typical week consists of this:

Monday/chest (bench/incline/flys/etc)
    Tuesday/legs (squat/legpress/raises/extensions/etc)
    Weds/shoulders (standing laterals/shruggs/high incline/etc)
    Thursday/back-lats (deadlift/shoulder rows/chin-ups/etc)
    Friday/arms (preacher bench/spider-curls/conc. curls/tricep press+dips).

I alternate frequently though depending if my body needs a little more re-coup time. My diet is pretty in check, I follow alot of BTFFTM by Tom venutto although I HATE his cardio advice haha (60 mins a day? screw you). typically squeeze in 5 meals a day but im a student so its hard to keep do small graze meals. alot of egg whites/tuna/lean meats/greens. A typical meal day for me would look something like this:

meal 1(breakfast): 4 eggs + 1/2 cup oatmeal, water + whey
    meal 2: celery sticks and some PB
    meal 3(lunch): baked chicken breast and some salad
    meal 4 (pre-workout): can of tuna
    meal 5 (post): chicken, lean beef, or turkey and sweet potato + veggies.

I have never used any anabolics but have been reading up on them for about 6 months and recently been cramming my brain with info from this board . I take a pretty simple setup of supps usually consists of a multivitamin, 2 vitamin C 1000mg, 3 CLA's, vitamin e, and some TRAC-2 creatine. now that i got that extremely lengthy background outta the way here is my question. I want to step my bodybuilding up a notch. I have been considering a mega-zol/mega-tren cycle then using oratrophin as post cycle therapy (and hopefully keeping a log of it all pending your input). I am mainly looking for something to cut/maintain while still building. def not looking to xplode into some kind of monster (like Beelzebub haha <3). would this be a wise first cycle if I did the proper preparation? thanks -Soul

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What are your calories per day like? And what's the breakdown of nutrients?

Ummm, looking with an outside perspective, I would advise you to try something else before jumping into a cycle. Maybe looking into the NHA stack, it'll give you great gains and can be ran for two months. I'd highly suggest that and see where you get from there. Most people would agree with me when I say it's best to wait as longa s possible. IMO, at 185lbs and 14% you have time to pack on mass. I'm 5'11 as well, and when I was 186lbs I was TINY. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Post a pic or two for more feedback.
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.38%

Good advice above...

Check out a site called fitday.com

Start posting your meals on there, it will help you get a handle on how many cals you are consuming, its very easy to over/under estimate!
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.86%

Exactly my point. It has taken me a little big of time to learn but the fact of the matter is no matter what you are taking, long-term high-quality gain will be dependent on your diet. It's easy to say your diet is in check but it's had to say that without looking at partitioning, amounts, and timing.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.36%

Props for doing some homework first. The advice above is good but I have a feeling that if you have down that much homework that it isn’t what your looking for. Still please do listen to it.

For a first cycle most people recommend testosterone and I see no reason not to do it here. 400 to 500mg a week of one from of testosterone or another would be fine. If you don’t have access to injectables or don’t want to use them for what ever reason then try a transdemal from cattle pellets. Cheap and works great. You can get everything else you need from the board sponsors.

400 to 500mg of testosterone weeks 1 to 8 (or 12 for injectable)
    Tamoxifen Citrate for the PCT.

It doesn’t get much easier then this. And it will work better then the designers for a beginner as it will have less sides.
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.75%

I would also wait till I put on some more weight. 185 isn't all that impressive at your height. Trust me I am the same height. I got to 198 before I ran superdrol for the first time. And that might have been a bit premature as well.

For your diet fitday is a good suggestion. Just by looking at it though I would say for meal two I would add in some cottage cheese and a baked potato, post workout have a shake than your meal5, and later have one more whole food meal. When trying to put on size I haven't really had laid out meals. I just ate, ALOT. Some guys might want to get on me about this and thats fine. But it has worked for me. Fat loss is a different story and you must watch everything then.

When you do get more foods in there 500mgs test a week is a great way to go for 12 weeks. If you are not ready to pin, don't juice. But if you have reasons, legitimate ones (not "I don't like the idea of needles") why not to pin than transdermals are a good alternative.
  7. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%

major thanks to the replies- was pretty tired while writing might as well add i take flax seed pretty religiously haha. testosterone was actually the first option that came to mind but i figured when all the info here I could make sides from the cycle obsolete. I will head to fitday though and get all that working. as for needles I had a wicked case of pneumonia when i was young and had to get stuck with these insanely oversized one (looking like a damn plunger) been kinda wary of them ever sense haha. I will hold off on the cycle for now though. I am looking for something to drop my bf% down to the singles over fairly quickly (while staying with in reason) 5-7months while still allowing my body to "fill out" and progress. again big thanks on the insight -Soul

and just because I cant help the curiosity- even with prep would I still be looking a large chance for lots of negative sides? figured those were the milder of the ones out there?
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.36%

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrift
    major thanks to the replies- was pretty tired while writing might as well add i take flax seed pretty religiously haha. testosterone was actually the first option that came to mind but i figured when all the info here I could make sides from the cycle obsolete. I will head to fitday though and get all that working. as for needles I had a wicked case of pneumonia when i was young and had to get stuck with these insanely oversized one (looking like a damn plunger) been kinda wary of them ever sense haha. I will hold off on the cycle for now though. I am looking for something to drop my bf% down to the singles over fairly quickly (while staying with in reason) 5-7months while still allowing my body to "fill out" and progress. again big thanks on the insight -Soul

and just because I cant help the curiosity- even with prep would I still be looking a large chance for lots of negative sides? figured those were the milder of the ones out there?
    prep just prepares you to handle the sides better, nothing really removes them. That is true of anything with steriods, there is always a risk vs rewards consideration. Like I said in my first post the advice above is good but if you proceed I would go with the testosterone. A transdermal is easy to make and reqires no needles.
  9. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.86%

Hmmm...thanks for neg repping me.
  10. King Kong
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.55%

Quote Originally Posted by Rage (SoCal)
    Hmmm...thanks for neg repping me.
    Hey bro, not sure if he actually negged you, but when a newbie reps you, it shows up as red on your user CP page, in case you already didnt know that.
  11. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%

should have positive repped you check again

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trying to master the anabolic diet
    By kmal in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 02:57 PM
  2. Trying to decide..."The one" vs. dymethazine
    By thewolf49 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
  3. Trying to sell the rest of my stuff
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 04:46 PM
  4. Russians Trying To Steal The Artic !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 06:30 PM