Minimum time off to refresh receptors?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.94%

Question Minimum time off to refresh receptors?

I'm curious if anyone has seen any research or knows how long minimum you have to be off between cycles to refresh your receptors? I know there are a lot of opinions but I'm curious what the science says. I'm talking irregardless of other reasons for taking a break, what's the minimum to where the receptors will react as if new again?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think the jury is still out on receptors needing to be refreshed at all. We take time off to let other things heal up...liver, kidneys, etc.. I doubt the AAS we are taking stop working after a period of time, thus needing our receptors to be refreshed.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.54%

There are wayyy too many variables to give a solid answer to this. A good rule of thumb is to take the time On Cycle + PCT off after your done with PCT and thats a minimum. If you are running a pretty strong methyl like SD, PP, Halo or something like that, a longer break would be better. I have seen blood results that showed ****ed up lipid values 4 months after an SD cycle!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

receptors don't need to be refreshed .. that's why people can stay on gear for years and make gains the entire time
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.94%

Seems like when I run a long (22 week) cycle the gains become almost non-existent after the first 12-18 weeks or so. Just wondering if I'm getting closer to my potential or if I need to lay off to refresh my receptors??
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.59%

Quote Originally Posted by Thracian
    Seems like when I run a long (22 week) cycle the gains become almost non-existent after the first 12-18 weeks or so. Just wondering if I'm getting closer to my potential or if I need to lay off to refresh my receptors??
    Gear allows you to go beyond your potential. But with a 22weeker I think it's more altering your diet and workout more then anything. For example, if you gain 25lbs in the first 10 weeks, but it slows to a crawl afterword have you adjusted your food intake to go beyond the 25lbs? Or altered your workouts?
  7. King Kong
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.25%

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    Gear allows you to go beyond your potential. But with a 22weeker I think it's more altering your diet and workout more then anything. For example, if you gain 25lbs in the first 10 weeks, but it slows to a crawl afterword have you adjusted your food intake to go beyond the 25lbs? Or altered your workouts?
    Bingo!!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

As much as we all hate it, with all the gear in the world AND the perfect diet, we'll still all hit a max for development. Chances are, it will be nothing close to the likes of Ronnie Coleman.
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.36%

Androgen Receptors are recyled all the time. the half life of AR receptors is very short. So refershing recptor is a myth.

What realy happens is that the body will adopt to high levels of androgens by downregulating the AR recptors (decreasing the number), this happens in long and heavy cycles. So if you planning to run a cycle more than 12 weeks you may want to deacrese the dosage toward the end.

After the cycle is done, and you stopped taking any androgens, the body will detect low levels of androge receptos, and act by upregulating it. A rebound may happen to recptors during PCt (recptor lvels highier than normal), but the body will detect this, and adjust the AR levels to homostasies. I would say it will take the body a month or two to level off and come back to normal.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.94%

Cool, thanks guys. Great info all.

Similar Forum Threads

1. TIME OFF: From Tbol to Anavar
    By Red Fox in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 11:43 PM
  2. Time off question. Prohormone to pin
    By smboudreaux in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 09:00 PM
  3. Does time off apply to a cut w/ forma-stanzol?
    By gaijininjapan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 04:21 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2011, 11:55 AM
  5. Time off to lift
    By drewsky90 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 04:16 PM