what causes lethergy?

megadose

Awards
sorry if this topic has been discussed before but i have been seaching for a while and couldn't find it. my question is why is it that some compounds such as M1t,superdrol, anadrol etc.. cause lethargy and make u feel bad/deppresed while other compounds like testosterone (with any ester), tren, etc.. give a sense of well being.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
for the same reasons why a light fluffy down jacket makes your warm, while a heavy acrylic cotton jacket won't - composition by nature.

megadose

Awards
for the same reasons why a light fluffy down jacket makes your warm, while a heavy acrylic cotton jacket won't - composition by nature.
that makes no sense. if your not sayin something constructive don't say any thing at all then again u only have negative 115 points which explains it all.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
for some people, test DOES make them lethargic....but that's usually on longer cycles and has more to do with the body being TIRED of being forced to grow and carry extra weight/water.

the short answer, as far as suppression goes, is this: testosterone is responsible for ALOT of processes in the body, and mood/endorphins is one of the things it plays a role in.

docs routinely prescribe HRT for older men who are depressed and lethargic.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
that makes no sense. if your not sayin something constructive don't say any thing at all then again u only have negative 115 points which explains it all.
u dumb ass. at least i'm not ripping u up. what does -115 have to do with anything. it was all given to me by some dip****s asking dumb questions.

and my reply isn't truly even bad if you think about. composition by nature doesn't make sense to u? it's not like your asking a debatable question like does steak make you more full or does pork make you more full. the answer to your question is clear and cannot be argued.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Obviously it's the compound but what about the compound I believe is the question. Your analogy should of been...That's why a down jacket keeps you warm but the Down jacket won't.

6oxo User

Awards
Is this the correct thread to discuss a tree and what sound it makes if it falls in the woods and no one is around to hear?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's the sound of a one handed man clapping...

I should neg rep ya for not knowing that one :p

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here are some links about these issues
Cholestrol/Liver issues
HPTA shutdown

Low estrogen(I had a link about tren causing low estrogen but can't find it) wonder why people take AI's with it

Glucose levels

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolics/38742-lethargy.html?highlight=lethargy
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolics/31740-what-causes-lethargy.html?highlight=lethargy

Bobos comments about low estrogen
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolics/14304-any-truth.html?highlight=lethargy

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=182628&goto=nextoldest
Something about Tren causing TSH level to drop and using T3 to combat it

Edit: here is that link about trenbolone and estrogen lowering
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/llewellyn/trenbolone.htm

rise during use. With trenbolone we actually expect a lowering of serum estrogen levels, as it should suppress endogenous testosterone release (the primary substrate for estradiol in men).

Something else from t-nation on estrogen lowering and tren
The Truth About Tren

Q: Some steroid users say trenbolone gives them a crazy sex drive. Others say they get "tren ****" like deca ****. Why the difference?
A: Again, this is really left up to speculation but I'd suspect it’s either stemming from a decrease in estradiol levels (people often forget it too plays a role in sex drive) or that trenbolone has some progestational activity.
As for why some people experience this and some don’t, well, if it’s a decrease in estradiol, some people may have higher aromatase levels and thus it’s not as much of an issue. Or if it’s due to some progestational activity, it could be a matter of some people having a higher receptor content than others.
It’s tempting to side with the latter as there's some direct and indirect evidence supporting the idea that trenbolone may possess some progestational activity. However, it’s completely reasonable to suspect a combination of these two issues to cause the decrease in sex drive, since progestational activity coupled with avid binding to the androgen receptor both suppress LH and, as a consequence, endogenous Testosterone is suppressed, which is the substrate for estradiol formation.
For those who don’t have issues in regard to sex drive or even get a sex drive boost, there would obviously be a lesser amount of progesterone receptor content. Or perhaps estradiol levels remain unaffected—meanwhile, the high androgenic molecule binds to the androgen receptor and we see an increase in sex drive.
The sex drive in general has so many contributing factors, it’s really difficult to narrow it down to one cause. Fluctuations in monoamine levels, androgen and estrogen levels, progesterone, dopamine, prolactin, etc., all in one way or another play a role in sex drive. Aside from that there are still many aspects about the human sex drive which have yet to be figured out. (10-14)

Last edited:

6oxo User

Awards
It's the sound of a one handed man clapping...

I should neg rep ya for not knowing that one :p
Thanks for showing mercy. With my newb. status, I need all the consideration I can get.

Cholestrol/Liver issues
HPTA shutdown

Low estrogen(I had a link about tren causing low estrogen but can't find it) wonder why people take AI's with it

Glucose levels

Lethargy
What causes lethargy?
Great links...thanks. Also answers questions I had about lethargy.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cholestrol/Liver issues
HPTA shutdown

Glucose levels
good call. i forgot about glucose lowering effect of increased macronutrient synthesis... especially true for STRONG steroids. ergomax made me CRAZY tired.

ooh, also, many steroids cause IGF-1 increase, which makes you tired.

megadose

Awards
and my reply isn't truly even bad if you think about. composition by nature doesn't make sense to u? it's not like your asking a debatable question like does steak make you more full or does pork make you more full. the answer to your question is clear and cannot be argued.
your the dumb f*ckin idiot who didn't even answer correctly.what happened to answering a question and keeping it simple without using anologies,stories or what ever the f**k u used that wasn't even written.
btw guys thanks for all THE OTHER replys.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
u dumb ass. at least i'm not ripping u up. what does -115 have to do with anything. it was all given to me by some dip****s asking dumb questions.

as evidenced by the number of posts in response to megadose's question, the answer isnt that obvious, and involves a number of possibilites. for you to condescend when you probably didnt even know the answers makes you a jackass on 2 counts.

next time just dont respond.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
your the dumb f*ckin idiot who didn't even answer correctly.what happened to answering a question and keeping it simple without using anologies,stories or what ever the f**k u used that wasn't even written.
you mother f*cker. this gotta turn into a fight thread u f*ck? i make an analogy and you get all worked up. it's not like i'm attacking u. u don't have to like what i have to say. then just don't read it. now if i had attacked you, or told u it was a dumb question, then u got something to say.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
as evidenced by the number of posts in response to megadose's question, the answer isnt that obvious, and involves a number of possibilites. for you to condescend when you probably didnt even know the answers makes you a jackass on 2 counts.

next time just dont respond.
jackass? i respond to a question in this thread with an analogy never hinting it is a good or bad question and now i'm a jackass. and beginning to get ganged on and oh ****, i wonder whos adding on the negative rep points. u think about that for a sec. yes, and you are absolutely right, i don't know the answer to the question, but i never pretended to know it, if you really read my analogy, basically, i am just hinting that i don't feel that it is really that important a question, it might be important to him, but it's not like i'm saying something to the effect of "what a stupid question".

so you think about that, and tell me why i gotta get ripped.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
and one more thing, so what if i don't know the answer, yet, I still choose to post while not keeping the answer simple? don't u think it sure as a hell beats all the immediate posts people make telling others to do a search everytime anybody asks anything that may already have an answer in the forum? i'm not saying u do that, but i'm just saying. at least what i posted is not detrimental to further contributions to your thread. btw, when i said some dumb ass giving me negative rep points for asking dumb questions, i didn't mean you, i was just stating from some thread some time ago

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2. No sides like that, but I did notice my liver a little bit. Results from my Liver such as being extremely tired all the time, no pain just exhausted. IS THIS TRUTH?

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I believe that the main cause of lethargy is that estrogens play an important supporting role in the activity of seratonin.Seratonin is a neurotransmitter vital to mental alertness and is associated with chronic fatigue syndrome ,estrogen suppression is associated with fatigue so non aromatizable compounds and estrogen suppression are probably the major cause.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
sorry if this topic has been discussed before but i have been seaching for a while and couldn't find it. my question is why is it that some compounds such as M1t,superdrol, anadrol etc.. cause lethargy and make u feel bad/deppresed while other compounds like testosterone (with any ester), tren, etc.. give a sense of well being.
There are several reasons that these compounds cause lethargy, the two most prominent are that they shut down natural test, and they are very toxic causing the liver to work very hard to clear your blood of their metabolites. Both of these factors cause lethargy.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
for some people, test DOES make them lethargic....but that's usually on longer cycles and has more to do with the body being TIRED of being forced to grow and carry extra weight/water.

the short answer, as far as suppression goes, is this: testosterone is responsible for ALOT of processes in the body, and mood/endorphins is one of the things it plays a role in.

docs routinely prescribe HRT for older men who are depressed and lethargic.
Yeah, but why are they depressed and lethargic? Years of test dropping test levels. It starts happening in your mid thirties.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Damn Moody! Did you forget to take your clomid today?

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
will a test booster help this?
I never really had much success with using an herbal test booster to combat lethargy. Its helped with libido, but that's about it. I think supplementing on cycle with something like Propionyl-L-Carnitine might actually be of benefit. Its in AX's new formula for 3-AD. An added benefit is that it may increase the number of androgen receptors, thereby making the compound you're taking more potent. Here's a link to NutraPlanet's bulk Propionyl-L-Carnitine, b/c I can't do it justice as far as explaining its benefits go-
Link
I plan on using it in the future on cycle to see if it helps with lethargy. IMHO, I think it would probably be a worthy addition even if it only delivers half of its positive effects.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I never really had much success with using an herbal test booster to combat lethargy. Its helped with libido, but that's about it. I think supplementing on cycle with something like Propionyl-L-Carnitine might actually be of benefit. Its in AX's new formula for 3-AD. An added benefit is that it may increase the number of androgen receptors, thereby making the compound you're taking more potent. Here's a link to NutraPlanet's bulk Propionyl-L-Carnitine, b/c I can't do it justice as far as explaining its benefits go-
Link
I plan on using it in the future on cycle to see if it helps with lethargy. IMHO, I think it would probably be a worthy addition even if it only delivers half of its positive effects.
AGREED

jpk

jpk

Awards
I thought that a lot of S-drol lethargy was nothing more than hypoglycemia. Easily fixed by slamming carbs while on.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
reasons for lethargy are different amongst different compounds... that was the original question i believe...

MB

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
I actually know the exact answer to this question, but I'm too tired to tell you guys right now. I'm off to bed... :yawn:

jpk

jpk

Awards
I actually know the exact answer to this question, but I'm too tired to tell you guys right now. I'm off to bed... :yawn:
OK I stayed up all night waiting for your answer! Give it up bro

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
OK I stayed up all night waiting for your answer! Give it up bro
I'm still too sleepy to answer the lethargy question. But I'm prepared to explain the exact cause of nausea...
It's your avatar, bro. (Is that pic for real, lol?!)

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
PA mentioned in an article that lethargy is mainly related to your liver being severely stressed - which also causes numerous other things to occur in the body. Seems sensible as Anadrol, M1T, & S-Drol seem to have the most lethargy posts & they're also the most liver toxic compounds.

jpk

jpk

Awards
I'm still too sleepy to answer the lethargy question. But I'm prepared to explain the exact cause of nausea...
It's your avatar, bro. (Is that pic for real, lol?!)
I think I got into a bad S-drol clone. Maybe it was the Muscletech stuff I was pinning. I didn't sh#t for a month and look what happened.