Votes: 11 4.5%
  • 9-10 yrs

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • 10+

Votes: 28 11.4%

• Total voters

samv12

Awards
Thought it would be pretty interesting to see how long people usually wait before switching to the dark side.

NEED2BANABOLIC

Banned
Awards
Thought it would be pretty interesting to see how long people usually wait before switching to the dark side.

Well over a year ago i was 200 pounds with a decent build, but nothing great then i started working out and i droped down to 180 or so with a nice frame.

Im 6'1'' almost 30 so i figured i would try a cycle.

I did test, tren, deca and dbol for 2 months and i went up to 195.

My caloric intake and protien intake was not great and i think my gear was under dosed otherwise i would have been over 200 for sure.

Now i've been off for a few months and next cycle is about a month away.

Next cycle will be a BIG cycle, but when im on i drink insane amounts of water and NO BOOZE PERIOD.

I get no sides except a little acne when commin off cycle, but a good tan and it's all gone:)

Next cycle will be:

Test-e @800mg/week/1-16
Test-prop/npp mix @50mg/day/1-12
Test-prop/npp mix @100mg/day/12-16

From this cycle(OF NEW GEAR) i hope to get to 210-215 and then cut to about 200-205.

Daily cals will be 6000, and protien will be 400 grams.

Diet will be as healthy as possible.

Later:)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My guess: you won't see many votes for 10+yrs.. ;)

I'm sure the 1-2yrs and 5-6yrs will be the top 2..

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I've been working out since I was 15 (back in the 80's) I waiting 25yrs! Glad I did, but I'm no pro either (and have no desire to be one).

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Need2Banabolic you don't need steroids you just need food ya your 30 but your also 180lbs at 6'1, you could EASILY pack on tons of size naturally just from food and supplements. And Test/Tren/Deca/D-bol for a first cycle? I hope you realize that you coulda put on a good 20lbs from 500mg of Test E ALONE with the proper diet. You trying to fill in your nutritional gaps with more and more gear, you don't NEED 800mg of Test E for your second cycle especially at 190lbs and only what 1 year of training under your belt? I'm propably coming off as an ******* but that's ok because i don't wanna bull**** you, you have no business being on gear, period. Train naturally for a good 6+ years, learn your body, eat right and you could be a natural 240+ without gear, then if you still want more size do a cycle.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I first got ASS when I was in high school. I thought this was about AAS :think:

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's great Beo. Good eye for detail.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
9-10 here

Through much trial and error I managed to put 60-70 pounds on over that time completely naturally.

Considering that I only really knew what I was doing for the last 6, I think that I did pretty well naturally.

In fact, the gains that I got from M1T, superdrol, 4ad, etc just got me back to my former natural best much faster due my neglect of going to the gym for half a year or so.

Even now I am not what I was three years ago naturally...but then again I lived in the gym and did not do much else.

It always amazes me when I hear about guys who have been working out for 2 or 3 years and have terrible base strength levels starting on gear.

Hell, I put on nearly 25 pounds in a year just from concentrating on deads/squats.

I may get flamed for this, but I personally don't believe that anyone with less than 4 years of SERIOUS and structured training and above average baseline strength should be touching AAS or anything hormonal.

Just my 2 cents.

samv12

Awards
well to me i think the number of years is a relative thing as someone can learn and achieve in two years what someone else will achieve in say five years. another thing is that it takes a couple of years of research for one to have a good understanding of ASS, proper cycling, dieting and training. So IMHO i think 3 to 4 years of intense training, proper dieting and enough research one could be ready to start cycling. As far as natural gains i think if one takes proper time off between cycles natural gains can still be achieved.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
If you count from when I first started trying to be strong and stay fit, 12 years. If you count from when I actually 'got serious', ~2 years. I worked my way up to 205lbs and could bench 225 x 10 before I tried hormones though.

In retrospect, although the gains I made were great, I still would have waited another year or two.

MadMas

Work Horse
Awards
I voted for 4 years because it was 4 DEAD SERIOUS years. Maybe two years or so before that i was doing nothing but lifting, no eating.
Once i did get serious, man the weight did fly on me.

I love deca. <3

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
7.5 years i'm glad i waited, you may think you know your body after a couple years but you don't.

size

Awards
  • Established
I do not think there is any right or wrong answer. In my opinion, one should have a comprehensive understanding of one's body, nutrition, and the drugs before ever making that step. Reaching this level of comprehension is obviously going to take time be it 2 years or 15 years as each individual learns at different rates. Also, I believe that one should set limits on what one expects and what one's objectives are. As I have written before, AAS can be a slippery slope that can lead to a level of dependency.

arigold2

Awards
almost 10 years.......

my first time was dianabol :)

PastorofMuppets

Awards
I do not think there is any right or wrong answer. In my opinion, one should have a comprehensive understanding of one's body, nutrition, and the drugs before ever making that step. Reaching this level of comprehension is obviously going to take time be it 2 years or 15 years as each individual learns at different rates. Also, I believe that one should set limits on what one expects and what one's objectives are. As I have written before, AAS can be a slippery slope that can lead to a level of dependency.

Very well put. Maturity is definitely critical.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's my vote as well. Wish I would of followed my own current beliefs back then. I definately needed to wait and learn(still do) more about myself and limits and the sciences behind nutrition etc so it wouldn't be wasted and unhealthy cycles of AAS.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I think ATLEAST 5 years of hardcore training with your diet inline is needed. I've seen way to many guys go on gear that are 6'1 180lbs or can't bench press 200lbs.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I think you should wait a minimum of 5-6 year and that's with hardcore training and your diet inline. Too many guys jump on gear after only a year or two of training.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do not think there is any right or wrong answer. In my opinion, one should have a comprehensive understanding of one's body, nutrition, and the drugs before ever making that step. Reaching this level of comprehension is obviously going to take time be it 2 years or 15 years as each individual learns at different rates. Also, I believe that one should set limits on what one expects and what one's objectives are. As I have written before, anabolic steroids can be a slippery slope that can lead to a level of dependency.
Great post. And I still love how the thread was aptly named ASS at the very beginning.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It was 9 if you count when I first started - at 16. But about 5 when I got back in after my f*cked up shoulder healed.

So, I voted for 5 years.

That's only been with legal PH's though....

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well i had a good 8 yrs of regular training if you count highschool and college I was a wrestler so our training wasn't for bb type purposes when i decided to move up in weight a teammate got me my first cycle

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey guys i was just wondering if im ready for steroids im thinking about running deca because my buddy told me it would make me HYOoooOGE.

here are some stats
weight:150
lifting regime: 1 set of every muscle group every other day
diet: mcdonalds and beefcakes

im going to buy the deca from this guy that lives behind the gym in a box you think thats cool or what?!!!@#$!@$?

Barbell500

Awards
hey guys i was just wondering if im ready for steroids im thinking about running deca because my buddy told me it would make me HYOoooOGE.

here are some stats
weight:150
lifting regime: 1 set of every muscle group every other day
diet: mcdonalds and beefcakes

im going to buy the deca from this guy that lives behind the gym in a box you think thats cool or what?!!!@#$!@$?
LOL That's exactly the stuff I heard from a teenager at my gym. I still don't understand why they like standalone deca so much.:frustrate

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Your forgot the lucky charms for breakfast and taco bell for dinner! Nothing builds mass like the bell!

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL That's exactly the stuff I heard from a teenager at my gym. I still don't understand why they like standalone deca so much.:frustrate
i guess DECA!! just has that ring to it. if someone asked them what they are on they can say yea man im on deca. do i know how it works..no..do i monitor my diet...no...do i have any semblence of a training regimine...no..do i have any goals for this cycle?...get hyoooge on DECA.

Barbell500

Awards
i guess DECA!! just has that ring to it. if someone asked them what they are on they can say yea man im on deca. do i know how it works..no..do i monitor my diet...no...do i have any semblence of a training regimine...no..do i have any goals for this cycle?...get hyoooge on DECA.
I even heard someone say that Deca made their penis grow...that had me laughing....

Skorzeny

Awards
Quote:
Originally Posted by size
I do not think there is any right or wrong answer. In my opinion, one should have a comprehensive understanding of one's body, nutrition, and the drugs before ever making that step. Reaching this level of comprehension is obviously going to take time be it 2 years or 15 years as each individual learns at different rates. Also, I believe that one should set limits on what one expects and what one's objectives are. As I have written before, anabolic steroids can be a slippery slope that can lead to a level of dependency

Great quote Size. Totaly agree with it.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Still natural, always natural :) thats my story and Im sticking to it :)

By the way this :donut: is natural too :)

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Still natural, always natural :) thats my story and Im sticking to it :)

By the way this :donut: is natural too :)
i think i catch your meaning.

by the way i forgot to mention an individual at my gym that is 18 years old, still in high school, and on methyl mastadrol. he gained nothing on it whatsoever, and one can only hope his post cycle treatment is in order. he informed me he was running formadrol as pct and flatly refused my advice to take a SERM just to be safe and to get lipids in check because taking tamoxifen is illegal and formadrol is "fine" because over the counter steroids "cant be that strong".

phaeton66

phaeton66

Awards
My guess: you won't see many votes for 10+yrs.. ;)

I'm sure the 1-2yrs and 5-6yrs will be the top 2..
I dunno Pete; I did some building when I was 15 or so, gave it up for martial arts, then came back to the weights pretty late in life (32/33). I made nice gains for a few years, then used various herbs and spices recently break through my sticking points without having to quit my job and eat and sleep all the time. So, in one sense it was 20 years from when I started weight training until I discovered 4AD & superdrol. In another sense, 2-3 yers.

-Phaeton

Barbell500

Awards
i think i catch your meaning.

by the way i forgot to mention an individual at my gym that is 18 years old, still in high school, and on methyl mastadrol. he gained nothing on it whatsoever, and one can only hope his post cycle treatment is in order. he informed me he was running formadrol as post cycle therapy and flatly refused my advice to take a SERM just to be safe and to get lipids in check because taking tamoxifen is illegal and formadrol is "fine" because over the counter steroids "cant be that strong".
You should kick him in his shrunken nuts. :nutkick:

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Just thought i'd mention this, that the longer you train naturally the more androgen receptors you body has so you can make use of higher steroid dosages. And chances are you'll need higher dosages than someone who hasn't been training as long, i'm talkin about ppl who have been training seriously for 8 years+ before taking the plunge. If someone was training that long i would have definitely suggest they do a more aggressive first cycle with atleast 750mg of Test.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I think a person should get their diet and training in check and train natural until their gains slow way down. I tried PH’s / Steroids before I got my diet and training in check and made good gains but nothing special. I basically wasted my first cycle with poor diet and training. But now my diet and training seems to be perfect and I’m making great gains naturally and I don’t think I’ll ever go back on the sauce. For the average user they make great gains while on AAS then loose a lot when they are recovering and by the time the time off = time on a natural training with great diet and training could come close to the same muscle gain over the time period. From my own experience I could now beat my gains with great diet and training when I used AAS with sub par training and diet.

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
DAMN!!! you people that voted 1-2 years before going on the sauce are completely gone...retarded...have a whole six pack but lack the plastic thing that holds it all together... however you wanna put it. You should only hit the sauce when you are absolutely sure you have maxed out on genetic potential... and that usually doesn't come till 7-8 years down the road... 1 to 2 years!!??? you've gotta be f*%kin kidding me!:jaw:

BIG_DAWG

BIG_DAWG

Awards
i had bin training for a total of about 8 years but i had only got serious hardcore training in for about 3 of the last 4 as a shoulder injury and a mild case of adolescent gyno was hindering my motivation. i did my first cycle at 20 i did test E. stacked wiv oxymeth for 6 weeks! the oxymeth sent my gyno crazy!!!
to make things worse my supplier went AWOL. (not that he gave me any helpful advice all he wanted was his money)

i tried numerous things to sort it n nothing happened my labido was up and down, everyday was a different mood. my nuts took about 6 months to return to there original size and i had a lump behind one nipple the size of a giant peanut M&M.
it is a year after my first and last cycle and i see things like this.... it doesnt matter who you are and how long you have been training you shouldnt interfare with your bodys natural growth until you are absoloutly sure with what you are doing. you should research, research, research and then get on a site like this one (the most helpful thing i have ever found) and then you research some more!!!
And then when your body HAS matured enough (test levels start to hinder about 24ish) and you know exaclty what too take, how too take it, the risks, how to fix the risks if they occur, good training experience and most of all the perfect diet your nearly ready.

I made my mistake and alot of other guys on here have made theres. Learn from us as we are the only people who can help you see the right path from the wrong. i am now waiting a few years before i do my next cycle as i want to learn everything needed and alot more! i have had my gyno sorted and i was lucky enough to get it dont for free as it has been a problem since i was 14 and it was only one side but next time IF it happens ill have to pay for the other and i dont think it will be cheap.

sorry about the big speach guys its just something i had to get off my chest am now in my second week of my post op. no training for another 4 its buggin me.

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
i had bin training for a total of about 8 years but i had only got serious hardcore training in for about 3 of the last 4 as a shoulder injury and a mild case of adolescent gyno was hindering my motivation. i did my first cycle at 20 i did test E. stacked wiv oxymeth for 6 weeks! the oxymeth sent my gyno crazy!!!
to make things worse my supplier went AWOL. (not that he gave me any helpful advice all he wanted was his money)

i tried numerous things to sort it n nothing happened my labido was up and down, everyday was a different mood. my nuts took about 6 months to return to there original size and i had a lump behind one nipple the size of a giant peanut M&M.
it is a year after my first and last cycle and i see things like this.... it doesnt matter who you are and how long you have been training you shouldnt interfare with your bodys natural growth until you are absoloutly sure with what you are doing. you should research, research, research and then get on a site like this one (the most helpful thing i have ever found) and then you research some more!!!
And then when your body HAS matured enough (test levels start to hinder about 24ish) and you know exaclty what too take, how too take it, the risks, how to fix the risks if they occur, good training experience and most of all the perfect diet your nearly ready.

I made my mistake and alot of other guys on here have made theres. Learn from us as we are the only people who can help you see the right path from the wrong. i am now waiting a few years before i do my next cycle as i want to learn everything needed and alot more! i have had my gyno sorted and i was lucky enough to get it dont for free as it has been a problem since i was 14 and it was only one side but next time IF it happens ill have to pay for the other and i dont think it will be cheap.

sorry about the big speach guys its just something i had to get off my chest am now in my second week of my post op. no training for another 4 its buggin me.
Good post:)

stackedup06

Awards
Ive been back into working out for several months now and am about to go on my first cycle.Before the break I had been working out for about 5 years so I dont know what group I am in?

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
10 years for me
i was training hard making good gains but i never looked very strong no i do been doing PH Steroids for 7 months making great gains and looking good well worth it

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
If i had of known how effective some of these natural supplements are now i would have waited longer and used ALRI, DS and USP stuff.

magRT496

Awards
Started lifting when i was 14, ran my first cycle of deca when i was 18. I did a small amount of research, ran a cc a week for 10 weeks and did good pct with hcg and clomid. My diet sucked but i trained hard as hell. I gained 10lbs but lost about 5. In hindsight(sp?) i probably should have waited a little longer but i cant say i regret doing it.

I chose deca because it was the only thing readily available other than test. i thought test was too dangerous so deca was it.

I knew a guy once who was about 8% body fat with 17 inch arms and was probably 200lbs at 6'. He told me he was taking deca tablets :toofunny:

800mrunner

Banned
Awards
my question is, why do people say to theirselves, "if i could do it over, i would have waited another year or so."

1. you could make more natural gains (5 lean lbs) in a year.
or
2. you could be at your max natural genetic limit.

so why would you wait to gain that 5 lbs in a year?

im only talking to those who were 200-215 range. anyone under that more than likely can make some good gains still naturally.

Einherjar

Awards
Depends on how old you are. For someone who's between the ages of 18-21, there's really no reason to take roids ever, as you grow like a weed.

For the older guys, I'd say whenever they've researched a responsible and complete cycle would be fine, within reason.