Question about Inject?

mildain

Awards
I just injected 1.7ml of Test prop and have had no problems in the past with any of my injections. Today after I injected, everything seemed fine, but about 5 minutes after, I feel a small bump at the injection site. I've never had this happen before. Is this the first signs of an infection? The injection site was my quad.

Thanks for any help provided. It's kind of worrying me.

mildain

Awards
no one else have anything similar happen? The small lump now is red, not really painful though. hope it doesn't turn into something worse.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
no one else have anything similar happen? The small lump now is red, not really painful though. hope it doesn't turn into something worse.
At this point it sounds like a typical prop injection. Prop is a ***** bottom line. Keep an eye on it. Give it a few days and if the lump is warm to the touch and still red then you want to see a doc to get some antibiotics. Honestly though I'm sure you'll be fine, prop does this to almost everyone.

I would try to put some heat on the area and massage it out as it sounds like a pocket of oil.

mildain

Awards
At this point it sounds like a typical prop injection. Prop is a ***** bottom line. Keep an eye on it. Give it a few days and if the lump is warm to the touch and still red then you want to see a doc to get some antibiotics. Honestly though I'm sure you'll be fine, prop does this to almost everyone.

I would try to put some heat on the area and massage it out as it sounds like a pocket of oil.
Thanks for the response Jminis. This is my third week of Test prop and I'm running EOD injections and have never had any problems like this. I think some oil my have leaked from my muscle into the dermis or epidermis, because the lump is just under the skin. It's red and starting to look like a small bruse. Quads are normally my favorite spot but now I'm worried I might be building up too much scar tissue. Thanks again for putting my mind at ease jminis.

BOVEY

Awards
i have just recently noticed something similar on my butt cheek

doing test enanthate injects twice a week

im worried this is an infection, it doesnt really hurt i never knew it was there untill my gf noticed it

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
As jminis said, if it is an infection it will be red and the redness will likely spread out from the inject site. You may also see red streaks.

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response Jminis. This is my third week of Test prop and I'm running EOD injections and have never had any problems like this. I think some oil my have leaked from my muscle into the dermis or epidermis, because the lump is just under the skin. It's red and starting to look like a small bruse. Quads are normally my favorite spot but now I'm worried I might be building up too much scar tissue. Thanks again for putting my mind at ease jminis.
I assume you are rotating injection sites?

mildain

Awards
I assume you are rotating injection sites?
I rotate quads, glutes, and then to delts. I need to add ventro glutes to my line up to ease these EOD injections but need to research it a bit more.

The red bump is still present but does not seem to be an infection. I hypothesize it is oil that leaked from the muscle into adipose or dermis tissue creating creating this lump.

mildain

Awards
i have just recently noticed something similar on my butt cheek

doing test enanthate injects twice a week

im worried this is an infection, it doesnt really hurt i never knew it was there untill my gf noticed it
I've read in steroids 101 that you'll know if an injection went bad almost immediately. So if you didn't notice then there probably is nothing to worry about. However I've also read it takes a while for an infection to form. So even if the injection did go smoothly, problems could still arise.

I don't know anymore. I used to have no problem pinning but now I am beginning to grow paranoid the more times I do it. The idea of a bacterial infection deep inside the muscle doesn't appeal highly to me.

SecretOfSteel

Awards
it sounds like a bruise or maybe you moved the needle around while injecting, or maybe you passed though a blood vessel

you will know its an infection if it starts to puss.

always wipe your amps with an alcohol swab before putting the needle in, and always swab the injection site before injecting!

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
I had that happen on my delt, quad and pec before. I was also using prop as well as npp. The knot on my delt was seriously the size of a half golfball. I immediately went into the shower and turned it on hot and let it run over the site while massaging it. It helped a bit but it was still killer.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you may have gotten some solution under the skin/fat tissue. Use a warm compress and massage. May be even take some ibuprofen for the swelling. The knot will go away, but keep an eye on it in case it does become infected.

Make sure you are rotating sites, as this can also be the culprit for some. As some inject into the same sites over-and-over the hormone and additives are still "disolving" and it causes a build up. Also, make sure you are going deep enough with the pin.

mildain

Awards
The site is just bruised but everything looks A-OK

Thanks alot everyone for all the input. Sure put my mind at ease.