how many times a week do u train when on

mouton

Awards
just started a halodrol/prostanozol cycle....i currently train each bodypart once a week with fairly high volumne and intensity.......thinking of switching to twice a week take advantage of better recovery

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
3 days a week .. just like when i'm off

anabolics WILL NOT increase your CNS recovery .. you'll still overtrain exactly the same in that regard

feelingfizzy

feelingfizzy

Awards
4 dya split althought one of sessions is considerably smaller then the other 3

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I use a 5 day split, but i always say, overtraining is specific to each individual. I can train ten on, one off if I feel good. But normally I'm in the gym 6 days a week, 5 days on, one day off.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I like to hit each body part once a week. A 3 day split just doesnt "seem" like enough. I need 4 days minimum. I also do 15-20 min of cardio after each session.

1 - Chest/Tris
2 - Legs/Abs
3 - Back/Bi
4 - Delt/Trap

Sometimes I feel like I could be overtraining. After the 4th day I'm pretty wiped out. Because of my schedule I usually hit those 4 days in a row and then take 3 off. I know its not optimal but its what I have fallen into as of late. When ON I train the same basic way but my sessions tend to be longer and more intense. I am working on cutting some body fat right now and I can barely stand to not hit the gym for some cardio at least once a day, 4-5 days a week. Im so used to this split that It would be hard to change to a 3day split.

glen: whats your split look like? Do you look at it over a 14 day period or do you fit it all in a standard 7 day week?

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I always train the same when on as I do when off. 4 days on 2 days off. Then start it over again.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
3 days a week .. just like when i'm off

anabolics WILL NOT increase your CNS recovery .. you'll still overtrain exactly the same in that regard
Do you do a push/pull split for your 3 day or something else? I usually train 4x a wk (wens and weekend off) but i do feel it def hits my CNS pretty hard, and i was thinking abut maybe adopting a 3 day training split and maybe doing cardio on the other days. What are your thoughts?

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
wow, not much volume at all, so you dont train your rear delts at all? And all those excercises are the only ones you do? Never change it up ever?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Yea, Im very surpised. I know low volume works and that more is not always better. Still, that seems like a small set of exercises. Very interesting.

That would be a lot less than I am used to. I dont think I would feel it was adequate enough but I am also prone to overtrain.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Glen's workout is pretty much the same as what I do.

Shoulder press works all three heads of the muscle.

CROWLER

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
One more quick thing for glen and i guess crowler if you both do a similar workout that works, how do you work cardio in when you are doing a cut? Just out of curiousity, and glen you said you take a wk off eveyr 5 or 6 wks, lets say you are in the middle of a 12 wk cut...do u just keep you diet straight and do a little cardio during that week off or do you do nothing, just curious thx guys.

SecretOfSteel

Awards
3 days/week full body when off with 2 days judo, 2 days jiu jitsu

5 days week when on chest/back/shoulders/legs+arms - just keep that rotation going, with 1 day judo and 1 day jiu jitsu