Infection Question?

vicmack777

Awards
I did a shot Tuesday (3/21) in my delt. I dont usually pin my delt but I have done it in the past. I have had pain in my delt along with swelling and redness. The pain is far from excruciating but its def. there. The area is also harder than my other delt, if that makes any sense. The only thing that really scares me is that this has lasted for 4 days. Usually if I have a shot that doesnt go so well it just lasts about 2 days. This one doesnt seem to be getting any better. What do you guys think? Am I just overreacting?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Do you have a fever?

Draw a line with a marker around the red spot. Watch to see if it spreads.

Is the spot hot?

CROWLER

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro, redness and swelling can be signs of an abcess, either bacterial or sterile (chemical). I've had the latter.

Crowler is right, check to see if the redness is spreading, and if you have splotchy streaks. If it is hot, then you have an infection. If you have a fever, you should consult a doctor ASAP and get antibiotics.

I drained my sterile abcess in my delt. I pulled out a lot of white puss with a 23g needle. The ball that formed prior to the draining was like a small ping pong ball, and was protruding pretty bad. Sterile abcesses form from your body reacting to the foreign material in the body, but not from a bacterial infection.

A bacterial abcess is an infection, and must be taken care of via antibiotics. It can be very dangerous. It is best to err on the side of caution if the redness spreads.. go see a doctor and say you got bit by something, or say you injected b12 if that works... either way, better safe than sorry.

I have had prolonged redness and swelling from just Test Prop, that wasn't an abcess.. just Prop messing with me.. we have a love/hate relationship. :D

vicmack777

Awards
Do you have a fever?

Draw a line with a marker around the red spot. Watch to see if it spreads.

Is the spot hot?

CROWLER
No i dont have a fever. It is a little red and slightly hotter than the other side. I have what feels somewhat like a calcification. Its hard and its a small lump. I would think its an abcess but its not very painful and I have no fever.

vicmack777

Awards
Hey bro, redness and swelling can be signs of an abcess, either bacterial or sterile (chemical). I've had the latter.

Crowler is right, check to see if the redness is spreading, and if you have splotchy streaks. If it is hot, then you have an infection. If you have a fever, you should consult a doctor ASAP and get antibiotics.

I drained my sterile abcess in my delt. I pulled out a lot of white puss with a 23g needle. The ball that formed prior to the draining was like a small ping pong ball, and was protruding pretty bad. Sterile abcesses form from your body reacting to the foreign material in the body, but not from a bacterial infection.

A bacterial abcess is an infection, and must be taken care of via antibiotics. It can be very dangerous. It is best to err on the side of caution if the redness spreads.. go see a doctor and say you got bit by something, or say you injected b12 if that works... either way, better safe than sorry.

I have had prolonged redness and swelling from just Test Prop, that wasn't an abcess.. just Prop messing with me.. we have a love/hate relationship. :D
Could you explain further about this sterile abcess? I def. dont want to do it myself. I would much rather go to a doc.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiousity, but would it be strikingly obvious that an abscess is from an inject? Could you say that it is an infected ingrown hair or acne? That can happen too.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
if it's not very painful, and you don't have a fever.. you're ok..
BUT if the redness spreads and you develop a fever.. go to a doc

As of now, apply hot and cold compress to the lump. This works pretty well.

For the sterile abcess, I stuck a 23g 1" needle into the center of the ping pong ball lump and drew up blood and white puss. White puss was more or less a sign that it was a sterile abcess.. after I consulted a doctor friend of mine.... I then did the hot/cold compress for a few days and it subsided.

vicmack777

Awards
if it's not very painful, and you don't have a fever.. you're ok..
BUT if the redness spreads and you develop a fever.. go to a doc

As of now, apply hot and cold compress to the lump. This works pretty well.

For the sterile abcess, I stuck a 23g 1" needle into the center of the ping pong ball lump and drew up blood and white puss. White puss was more or less a sign that it was a sterile abcess.. after I consulted a doctor friend of mine.... I then did the hot/cold compress for a few days and it subsided.
Thank you for the reply. I've been applying hot compresses to it. We'll see what happens. It hurts like a bruise would hurt. No sign of fever at all.

vicmack777

Awards
If I do decide to go to the Doctor, could I just say I got bit by something?

Work

Awards
If I do decide to go to the Doctor, could I just say I got bit by something?
Just go and they will diagnose it as cellulitis if it's a problem and give you antibiotics. Don't tell them anything, say it just suddenly starting hurting and now look at it. If it's red and swollen go see a doc don't **** with your health.

vicmack777

Awards
Just go and they will diagnose it as cellulitis if it's a problem and give you antibiotics. Don't tell them anything, say it just suddenly starting hurting and now look at it. If it's red and swollen go see a doc don't **** with your health.
Yeah, thats what Im going to do. Id rather be safe than sorry. It has gone down a little bit though and i really doubt its an abcess but Im not a dr.

vicmack777

Awards
I went to the dr. and they just gave me antibiotics. I didnt take any of them because it looked like it was getting better and today its almost back to normal. Thanks guys for all your help

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
nice, good to know.. save those antibiotics ;)

Work

Awards
Good to hear Vic. And do what Ubi said, save em :)
Better save than sorry and now u got a stash.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
What did they give you, what dose and how did they tell you to take them?

You know incase my dog gets an infection.

CROWLER

scarfacebling

Awards
Does anyone know if you have lets say 3 days of Cephalexin, 3 days of Amoxicillin,and 3 days penicillin would it still be the same as taking 1 for 9 days or is it totally worthless since its not the same and its not building up levels in you blood? I'm not sure if this makes any sense but as you can guess these are what I have and I am also worried about an infection in my delt it got sore about 24-36 hours of the shot and then got red warm and slightly swollen I tookCephalexin right away its only been a day since I took my fist AB I really dont want to go to the doc and I have AB that will be here monday but I dont want to wait that long if this mess of random AB isnt going to help at all. My back up plan is to go to student health services tommrow morning or after noon f I find the mess of AB I have are worthless. any help wold be appriciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jrog3346 Anabolics 10
Punkrocker Anabolics 24
MadStax Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11
Nutrition / Health 8