Strange experience w/Promagnon-25

J

Jeff Rippe

Awards
I started a Promagnon cycle a week ago at 1 cap per day. My plan was to hold there for a week then advance to 2 caps for the remaining 3 weeks.

Yesterday I took the first cap in the morning and the second cap after dinner.

When I went to bed I felt terrible - like I had consumed 10 cups of coffee. My heart was racing; I was cold then hot and just basically "wired" and restless all night.

What in the world would have caused THIS reaction? According to the label there is some L-Tyrosine in the product. Could that be a possible cause? I had no other stimulants with my dinner.

I am back to one cap in the morning.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
you know, i experienced a similar reaction to this stuff when i first upped my dosage to 2 pills/day. i didn't sleep very well when i first started my cycle (days 1 & 2 of my cycle) and then again for a few days at the start of my second week (when i upped the dose). i would wake up with the sweats and also didn't feel like i was getting into a deep sleep.

i changed a few things and it seemed to help - i took a pill first thing in the morning and the second around 5pm. i found that if i took a pill right before bed i didn't sleep as well.

during the entire cycle i didn't sleep as well as usual - but i attribute that mostly to having to get up and pee every 2-3 hrs.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know about that rest of those on the board, but just the 10 cups of coffee would keep me up for the whole night. That's a lot of caffeine bro (assuming you were not drinking decaf). A five oz cup of coffe averages about 100mg of caffeine...and you had ten cups (and I bet they were bigger than five oz).

That being said...I just did a couple of searches on L-Tyrosine and found that it is basically a pre-cursor to Adrenaline/Nor-adrenaline/epinepherine...and typically caffeine will enhance the effectiveness of other supps it is used in conjunction with. I'm by no means an expert and could be completely overlooking something, but it sounds like you just had an overload on stims. Not mention you were probably really dehydrated. Anybody else have any input for us here?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i don't think he really drank 10 cups of coffee ...just said he felt like he did.

damn, that would be a lot of coffee. :)

J

Jeff Rippe

Awards
I don't know about that rest of those on the board, but just the 10 cups of coffee would keep me up for the whole night.
No, no!! I did not drink 10 cups of coffee!!! I felt as uncomfortable as if I had.

10 cups of coffee would probably kill me.

Could be I'm sensitive to the Tyrosine.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oops...sorry guys...I'm at work and I'm trying to read and post under the radar...that went completely over my head! I still think that Hank may have hit it on the head when saying that it helped that he took it earlier in the day instead of at night. On the quick google search I did for L-tyrosine I noticed that it is used in a lot of diet pills. You could be sensitive to it. http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/lty_0256.shtml check out about 3/4 down the page...some people do have adverse reactions like yours, but it is not real common. Hope this helps more than my previous post...doah!

S

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Okay, number one, a lot of androgens have a CNS stimulatory component to them. I'm sure this is the cause. Have you never used any others?

Second, L-Tyrosine is included in diet pills for thermogenic action, not stimulation. This amino acid is related to the production of your thyroid chemicals. When combined with stims it may have a synergistic effect, but the only other ingredients are Tongat Ali (Longjack--probably a sad attempt to offset sexual sides), ALA (to protect your liver), and ATP Disodium.

You can't be taking in anymore than 500mg. a day if you're taking 2 pills a day, and this is not a very big amount.

My guess is that they include the Tyrosine and other stuff in an attempt to minimize apparent side effects, such as bloat and sexual sides.

A better bet would have been to use Taurine to help offset back pumps.

This feeling you feel is one of the reasons people take hormones. Its to be expected.

J

Jeff Rippe

Awards
Siznoyton;

Yes, I have used many others in the past (1-AD, 1-Test, PheraPlex, etc.) but never felt anything like this.

It must have been due to other factors or maybe I'm over-tired or something. Just seemed very odd.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I stand corrected. Sorry to have been off on this thread bros...I guess I had some ignorant useage of the word stimulants earlier. I have always thought of a stimulant as being thermogenic, but apparently this incorrect. Thanks for correcting me Siznoyton...we're all here to learn, right? Sorry to have jacked your thread w/ incorrect info JR.

J

Jeff Rippe

Awards
Not much other than some acne and the "rev-ed up" feeling. Nothing noticeable yet in strength or body recomp but it's only been a week. Will post again later.

In the mean time, there is definately something here giving me a stimulant effect - my resting pulse rate is up about 6-8 bpm in the last few days.

Either this stuff is far stronger than anything else I have ever used or there's something in it causing this. Any ideas guys? Is this normal or is something wrong? (Siznoyton, is a HR increase like this to be expected?)

I'm sticking to 1 cap a day for now.

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey Jeff, what has your BP been running, is it higher than normal, very important to keep an eye on this, I have a bottle of the pro, but have yet to try it, following.............

J

Jeff Rippe

Awards
Hey Ripd;

BP is running a little high @ 140/86

I am normally on the high end of normal so it is hard to say how much of this is due to the Promag. Even so, I should probably add some cellery seed to my diet.

I'm getting acne like a teenager (I'm 43). This is some strong stuff, at least in sides. We'll find out in the gym this week if anything else is happening. If the BP starts rising I'm done.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Anabolics 6
W Anabolics 2
T Anabolics 5
N Anabolics 2
J Anabolics 9