Please Critique My Cycle and Give Input

• Thread starter UnsolvedMisterE
  • Start date

UnsolvedMisterE

Awards
Thanks for taking the time to look at my cycle and hopefully give some input. This is my 3rd cycle and wanted some input from some experienced people. Right now, I 'm about 190, 5'8", and have a few pounds to lose. I'm looking for good lean muscle gains and to shed some of the extra waight I put on during the winter to show those gains. The last cycle I did was test/winny/EQ and had some pretty good results. This time around, I was thinking about doing a test/eq/tbol cycle.

Week 1-14
Monday/Thursday Test E 250 and EQ 200 (total, 500 test and 400 EQ)
Starting week 9, for 6 weeks, add Tbol at 40/day

Basically, what I want to know is
1) Is 500/wk of test too much for the gains I'm trying to achieve? I'm not trying to get huge, just good size without much water retention. Last run was only 250.
2) Should I drop the amount of test after a certain amount of time, and if so, when and to what dosage
3) What PCTs would you recommend
4) Any other information you think I would benefit from.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this post and give some input. I look forward to reading your responses.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Just so you know you might get flamed for asking things like "what type of PCT should i run" considering there are hundreds of topics on this subject if you hit up the search bar.

As for the question on tapering the dosage down, there is no reason to do this, it accomplishes nothing. I dont feel that 500mg is too much for the gains you are trying to accomplish whether you are trying to get huge or not. I mean 250 is still about 5 times higher than the amount your body produces on its own per week, however, I seem to feel that 500 is a good place to start since the sense of well being, aggression (which helps in the gym), and gains are all pretty good. If water retention is a HUGE concern to you, than you could take an AI or just keep sodium intake at a bare minimum.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That looks like a decent cycle. I might do though.

Up the eq to 500 mg so that's 500 test and 500 eq.

A frontload is always a good idea IMO and means you can begin your pct sooner. THEN you can actually see what your real gains are after pct.

Also, while some might disagree, I say you should drop the EQ at week 10 since it takes so long to clear out and will only prolong your pct (I think it takes 3-4 weeks to clear, can't remember right now). Anyone?

As for pct?

Well, you didn't mention it but if you did run the eq from 14 weeks then in week 17 or 18 you could do a couple of things for pct. The traditional nolva clomid combo, hcg isn't necessary in this case (does anyone really think it is for this cycle? please speak up.) You also might want to try nolva and atd, seemed to work well for me. I for one hate clomid so I used ATD in it's place, although I believe you can do vice versa (ATD and clomid?) I'm personally about to try a pct reccomended by a good (and well learned) friend that is very basic and according to him VERY effective. It involves tapering your test ent and running 1 mg arimidex eod to .5 mg eod one the taper begins and tapering from say 500mg in week 17-18 (for you) to 150 mg, then 100, then 75, then 50mg for the last week and from there you let the test taper it's was off. He's says after having done every other pct immaginable this one has worked the best in terms of fuller, faster recovery. On top of that he walked me through it and it made alot of sense.

ALso I'd have to reccomend cissus at 6 caps a day (especially if the winny _ucked up your joints) and powerFull. Fenotest also worked well for getting back seminal volume (and then some) rather quickly.

UnsolvedMisterE

Awards
Just so you know you might get flamed for asking things like "what type of PCT should i run" considering there are hundreds of topics on this subject if you hit up the search bar.
Being flamed for asking what PCTs one should take, is NOT a reason to be flamed. As you said, there are many options out there and I was interested in what others would recommend, specially since I haven't done this specific cycle before. I have done quite a bit research, and what I was planning to do, was to run Clomid 3 weeks post cycle at 100 and 50 for three weeks there after. Thanks for your information regarding the cycle though. I do appreciate that.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Being flamed for asking what PCTs one should take, is NOT a reason to be flamed. As you said, there are many options out there and I was interested in what others would recommend, specially since I haven't done this specific cycle before. I have done quite a bit research, and what I was planning to do, was to run Clomid 3 weeks post cycle at 100 and 50 for three weeks there after. Thanks for your information regarding the cycle though. I do appreciate that.

No problem, I never said I would flame you but I just won't comment. There are plenty of PCT logs on this site where people have run test and eq and I am sure you could find them on here.

I am personally more of a fan of Nolva since it works at both the hypothalamus as well as the testes and also doesn't have the side effects that nolva does. I guess it is all based off of preference though.

I would run HCG at 200iu's twice per week starting ~4 weeks before PCT starts then make sure you stop it before you start PCT since HCG is suppressive. I would also look into getting some Lean Extreme to help combat cortisol since you are running such a long cycle, it would really help you conserve your gains.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Being flamed for asking what PCTs one should take, is NOT a reason to be flamed.
Sure it is. Considering you have cycled before and the abundance of PCT info available on this and other sites.

UnsolvedMisterE

Awards
Up the eq to 500 mg so that's 500 test and 500 eq.
A frontload is always a good idea IMO and means you can begin your pct sooner. THEN you can actually see what your real gains are after pct.
Haha, thanks. I'm sitting here wondering if I'm taking too much and you say up the dose heh. But seriously, thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Does anyone else happen to have an opinion on this?

Also, while some might disagree, I say you should drop the EQ at week 10 since it takes so long to clear out and will only prolong your pct (I think it takes 3-4 weeks to clear, can't remember right now). Anyone?
I myself would disagree for the very reason that EQ takes about 7 weeks to take effect (if I remember correctly). All posts and information I've read have suggested using EQ over a long length of time.

Well, you didn't mention it but if you did run the eq from 14 weeks then in week 17 or 18 you could do a couple of things for pct. The traditional nolva clomid combo, hcg isn't necessary in this case (does anyone really think it is for this cycle? please speak up.) You also might want to try nolva and atd, seemed to work well for me. I for one hate clomid so I used ATD in it's place, although I believe you can do vice versa (ATD and clomid?) I'm personally about to try a pct reccomended by a good (and well learned) friend that is very basic and according to him VERY effective. It involves tapering your test ent and running 1 mg arimidex eod to .5 mg eod one the taper begins and tapering from say 500mg in week 17-18 (for you) to 150 mg, then 100, then 75, then 50mg for the last week and from there you let the test taper it's was off. He's says after having done every other pct immaginable this one has worked the best in terms of fuller, faster recovery. On top of that he walked me through it and it made alot of sense.

ALso I'd have to reccomend cissus at 6 caps a day (especially if the winny _ucked up your joints) and powerFull. Fenotest also worked well for getting back seminal volume (and then some) rather quickly.
Thanks for the PCT info. As I mentioned above, I was thinking of doing clomid 100 ED for 1 week starting three weeks post cycle, and then dropping down to 50 ED for three weeks there after. As for tapering the Test, if I decide to do so, I might take that into account maybe around week 8. I'm naturaly a bulky looking guy and put on weight well. I think 8 weeks of test may in fact be more than enough before I taper down. But that all depends on where I'm at around week 8, otherwise I'll just run it all the way through.

What do you think about taking anything during the cycle like idex or armoasin? Or what about adding a small dose of Nolva to the clomid, around 20? I personally dont think I need the Nolva and the Clomid will do me right by itself. Better safe than sorry and opinions can never hurt.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious as to what your past cycles have been of, and what your past PCT regiments have included.

UnsolvedMisterE

Awards
No problem, I never said I would flame you but I just won't comment. There are plenty of PCT logs on this site where people have run test and eq and I am sure you could find them on here.

I am personally more of a fan of Nolva since it works at both the hypothalamus as well as the testes and also doesn't have the side effects that nolva does. I guess it is all based off of preference though.

I would run HCG at 200iu's twice per week starting ~4 weeks before PCT starts then make sure you stop it before you start PCT since HCG is suppressive. I would also look into getting some Lean Extreme to help combat cortisol since you are running such a long cycle, it would really help you conserve your gains.
Thanks LakeMount, that was a lot of helpful info.I'd like to stay away from Nolva unless its necessary for the obvious reasons. Maybe just 20 with the clomid, but we'll see.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Thanks LakeMount, that was a lot of helpful info.I'd like to stay away from Nolva unless its necessary for the obvious reasons. Maybe just 20 with the clomid, but we'll see.

Well that decision is up to you. As for what you were saying about letrozole and arimidex or any other AI for that matter to take during cycle. It isn't a problem to take these since it controls bloat and a few other unwanted side effects, however, just remember that by cutting estrogen you are lowering your immune system, lessening strength gains, lessening mass gains, and causing your joints to ache. So you have to weigh out what you are looking for in the cycle. Remember, estrogen doesn't cause fat retention, it is more of the progesterone (sp?) that causes this despite popular belief. Again I will reiterrate I STRONGLY suggest lean extreme since cortisol gets built quite high during any AAS cycle in response to excess androgens in the blood stream. Your body wants homeostasis and it wants a delicate balance of androgen (muscle building) and cortisol (muscle wasting or breakdown hormone) and when excess androgens are released, your bodies natural reaction is to increase cortisol production. Luckily, however, the ratio of AAS to cortisol is high enough that it isn't a huge problem while on a cycle but when it is time to come off these androgens you are definitely not gonna want all that excess circulating cortisol to blast ya.