Acne....

Bigdaddyandy

Awards
I've been off cycle since november, and I did a clomid pct in december.
My back started to look like a topographical map and it still does.
My wife and I are trying to have child number 2 so I did not start my late winter cycle as planned.
But I'm still broken out on my back, what can I do for this?
Is this normal?
The really weird thing is when I was on cycle I had no body acne at all, just a little bit greasier.
Any advice?

weeenisss

Board Supporter
Awards
see a dermatologist and get something prescribed, I am going to do a short run of accutane for the same problem, however i wouldn't recommend it without seeing a doc first, i have taken accutane in the past as a teenager for 6 months straight, I didn't really get any bad sides even at higher dosages other than dry skin, from what i hear if you have taken it already a short booster treatment of it works wonders, but your best bet is to see a dermatologist and they can probably prescribe you something less harsh than accutane that may work.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
B5 (pantothenic acid): 4-6g/day for a week and 2-3g/d maintenance. Works very well.

zodiach

Awards
B-5 Works great, also if you have insurance dermatologist works even better. Also get a loufa and an acne wash, can help also.

NeilB

Awards
I second the B5 or panthothenic acid. Effective at just 5g a day.

Also, try ground oatmeal mixed with just a small amount of water to have a paste like mix and apply. Let it sit on skin for 5 mins and then wash off. Works wonders.

weeenisss

Board Supporter
Awards
look up nizoral on here as well i will be trying it in the near future

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I second the vitamin A. I prefer it over B5 because you only need one dose per day and tere's no risk of GI distress...but B5 does work.

theJmad

theJmad

Awards
All b5 did for me was make my skin red, but everybody is different. I would ask the derm. about antibiotics they work really well. ALso, try tanning that works very well for me also.

Bigdaddyandy

Awards
Thanks a million for the input!
I appreciate it.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Try what the others have suggested, but also try some skin care products from Neutrogena. The Oil-Free Acne Wash foam cleanser helps dry out the oily areas. Here's a link to the product...
http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_115.asp

Also, check out some of the other products they have. I've been pleased with some of them.

Bigdaddyandy

Awards
My doctor said it was a staph infection and put me on antibiotics.

Nasty, huh?

phasar

Awards
  • Established
i 3rd the vitamin. recommended daily dosage = 5000 IU.

my dosage during pct = 100,000 IU.

but that is only because the only time i have acne problem is pct.....so i'm not sure if about you. i can only imagine that if your back is filled with acne, that perhaps no amount of vit.A will help.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
100,000 iu might be pushing it. The Merck manual stated that cases of Vit A toxicity occurred at that level. The good news is stated that symptoms dissapated upon cessation of dosing and no permanent damage was detected.

I do OK on 40,000 iu but still get a few cysts on my back during cycle. Off cycle this dose keeps my skin as clear as it's ever been and helps to reduce secondary scarring.

http://://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section1/chapter3/3c.jsp

phasar

Awards
  • Established
bioman- what is secondary scarring?? from the name alone, it sounds like maybe the marks a bad bad pimple leaves even after it has died.

how long do u reckon the 100,000IU vit.a toxicity issue will last for? i only go on that high a dose for around the first 2-3 weeks pct cuz i always break out bad.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how the B-5 or vit A would compare to something like doxicyclene?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could not say, but for me, I would rather not mess with my probiotics and intestinal flora that can happen with antibiotic type of meds. But then again I don't get acne that bad even on very highly androgenic compounds. So I guess it would be worth a try.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you will get some warning symptoms at that dose before things get serious. If you start getting headaches and nausea after your skin has been peeling for a while..back off the dose. My scalp started peeling after a week or two of 40,000 iu and after backing down to 30,000 it went away.

Sounds like the toxicity issue goes away within a few days to a few weeks.

weeenisss

Board Supporter
Awards
This was an interesting read about acne caused by excess androgen activity, it states that isotretinoin has effects on this.

Various substances of steroidal or nonsteroidal structure may serve as an alternative for the antiandrogenic treatment of acne. Compounds with antiandrogenic properties like cimetidine or ketoconazole are rarely administered for acne due to their weak effects. In contrast, spironolactone is an effective antiandrogen that shows good treatment effects in hirsutism and acne. Side effects occur frequently and are dose dependent. Isotretinoin - the most effective agent in acne therapy - has been under discussion for additional antiandrogenic properties for years. At present there is additional evidence for the antiandrogenic effects of isotretinoin. Regarding substances acting on both levels, androgen receptor binding and 5
-reductase inhibition, the question is raised whether the term 'antiandrogen' should be amplified by including the 5
-reductase inhibitors. This would pay tribute to the biological aspect of antiandrogenicity that takes into account not only the mode of action but also the effects of the substance. Under this aspect type 1 5
-reductase inhibitors may gain attention in the future.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
TravD77 Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11