Week off during PCT?

Mr X

Awards
I don't know if any of you get like this, but I've heard that there gets to a point where you should take a week off from lifting. Let your body just rest, ya know? Well, I'm going into week 2 off my PCT and week 1 was really just, well, sh*tty. I kept feeling sick during my workouts, had a lot of trouble eating. I felt pretty lethargic, and I just feel worn out. Maybe it's just because PCT. I'm interested in people's views on what I should do in the situation, just keep going and work through it, or take a week off? Maybe I shouldn't really take the week off, but instead just lower my workout volume and intensity?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i take a week off every 8 weeks .. its very important to let your body and mind rest

hrtguy

Board Sponsor
Awards
I do the same - every eight weeks. Bryan Hay**** advocates this as part of HST training calling it strategic deconditioning.

The theory goes that the body deconditions without losing much in the way of muscle mass priming you for your next phase of training.

I also reduce workload during PCT. I find that I can maintain strength and size quite well doing this.

Mr X

Awards
I definitely am in agreement with taking time off every once in a while, however, I'm not sure if it's alright during PCT....

Perhaps just reduce the work load a lot for a week, but remain active?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
its fine during PCT .. a good idea even

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I would NEVER take a week off in PCT. I go catabolic if I breathe wrong, so it would be suicide to not train for me during PCT (albeit altered in style; brief sessions and moderately intense, plenty of rest, etc.) when test levels are shot.

After PCT is what I'd suggest, but you're absolutely right, it is necessarry to take breaks. Most of us don't take enough I'd wager...

Mr X

Awards
I would NEVER take a week off in PCT. I go catabolic if I breathe wrong, so it would be suicide to not train for me during PCT (albeit altered in style; brief sessions and moderately intense, plenty of rest, etc.) when test levels are shot.

After PCT is what I'd suggest, but you're absolutely right, it is necessarry to take breaks. Most of us don't take enough I'd wager...
Yeah, I'm pretty worried about going catabolic. I think I'm just gonna work through it until after week 4 of PCT, then I will take my week of rest :)

Because I need it! :aargh:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
lifting is FAR more catabolic than not lifting ... lifting for too long without breaking esp during PCT when your test levels are relatively very low you're body will not be able to repair the muscle as efficiently and you'll do more harm then good if you are in fact overtrained or near it

if you need a week off take it .. i always do during PCT and its seems to have worked fine for me

*Bulldog*

Awards
lifting is FAR more catabolic than not lifting ... lifting for too long without breaking esp during PCT when your test levels are relatively very low you're body will not be able to repair the muscle as efficiently and you'll do more harm then good if you are in fact overtrained or near it

if you need a week off take it .. i always do during PCT and its seems to have worked fine for me
Hey Glenihan.....do you find that you have trouble keeping your gains if you take a week off during PCT? Basically what I mean is if you gain X amount of muscular weight on cycle, do you retain more of it if you continue to work out straight though your PCT? In your opinion?

I've always had mixed feelings about this. I really don't have a very strong opinion either way. I have always worked out straight through PCT because I was more superstitious about losing most of my gains if I didn't.

BTW bro if thats you in your avatar.....it sure as hell LOOKS like whatever you do works GREAT for you. Nice job man!! :thumbsup:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
thanks i appreciate the compliment

i always take a week off .. i think its really important to let your body rest especially since you have such low test levels and your hormones are all ****ed up

(excluding what i'm currently doing) i generally only lift 3 days a week for an hour a pop anyway .. so taking a week off i'm not really missing THAT much .. its good to rest .. you grow OUT of the gym .. not in the gym

*Bulldog*

Awards
Thanks bro. I think I'm going to give it a shot. I've been burning the candle at both ends for a while now and definitely feel like I could use a break. I am very close to the end of a H-50/Orastan cycle and I think that once I finish them up, I am going to give myself a week vacation from the gym. I sure as hell can use the rest.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
good move

trust me you are ONLY hurting your gains by pushing too hard

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
I also take a week off as well after 8 weeks. Gives me time to refocus and just concentrate more on diet. I'm pretty sure in the max-ot program, it also advises you to take a week off after 8 weeks of training. Adding in some extra cals during that week shouldn't let ya lose much.

Beatmaster

Awards
i do agree with everyone here, sometimes sleep is just not enough
also listen to your body once in a while.

1ad man

Banned
Awards
week off i dont know because i heard it is bad idea it is doing pct that you wanna workout even harder to solidify gains bro. if you having trouble sleeping get medication

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
ugh 1ad man please stop because that is just WRONG

working out harder when your body is hormonally imbalanced and perhaps verging on overtraining due to hardcore workingout during cycle will NOT help solidify gains AT ALL

it just does not work like that at all

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
1AD Man recently got banned from SSB for constantly saying stuff like this...

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok since it has been somewhat established that a week off during pct might not be a bad idea, how would we adjust diet.

Glen I don't mean to put you on the spot but how do you adjust your diet during your week off? Even more important how do you adjust it during your week off during pct?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well a normal week off i usually take off EVERYTHING .. i'll usually only eat 4 times a day and the meals are likely to look something like this

bacon and cheese angus steak burger from BK and a junior whopper from BK

during PCT i keep my diet relatively the same just bump up the carbs by about 50g

its just ONE week .. nothing too bad is going to happen people :) your body and mind is just going to get some very much needed and well deserved rest

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Glen's success speaks for itself. I'd say if you try it, monitor it, and if you find yourself losing your gains, change it.

I'm an ecto/hardgainer and I'm 40, so maybe those are considerations. For me it's out of the question, based on personal experience. Seems others (younger, more meso/endo probably) can do it effectively.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lol I love it! :burger: :burger: :burger:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
week off i dont know because i heard it is bad idea it is doing pct that you wanna workout even harder to solidify gains bro. if you having trouble sleeping get medication
...and you heard this where??? It is advisable to take the time off.

jbyo

Awards
Sorry to bring up an old thread.
I'm just comimg off an 8 week cycle and the gym I signed up to decided to close for two weeks.

My pct
Nolvadex 20/20/10/10
Finaflex revolution 2/2/2/2
Pure test 4/4/4/4

Unable to go gym due to unexpected shutdown period and financial circumstances unable to go to another gym.

Should I take the Nolvadex solo for the first two weeks (while off gym) then run the otc supps during the last 2 weeks?

Any help much appreciated
Thank you

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I'm just comimg off an 8 week cycle and the gym I signed up to decided to close for two weeks. My pct Nolvadex 20/20/10/10 Finaflex revolution 2/2/2/2 Pure test 4/4/4/4 Unable to go gym due to unexpected shutdown period and financial circumstances unable to go to another gym. Should I take the Nolvadex solo for the first two weeks (while off gym) then run the otc supps during the last 2 weeks? Any help much appreciated Thank you
I would run your PCT as planned. Good news is, I normally have an easy time maintaining until week 3 of PCT(my experience, might not be the same) so if you get back to the gym asap you shouldn't suffer too much.

I would try to do some push ups, pull ups, stairs, dips etc around your house though if you get the chance to stay active.

jbyo

Awards
I would run your PCT as planned. Good news is, I normally have an easy time maintaining until week 3 of PCT(my experience, might not be the same) so if you get back to the gym asap you shouldn't suffer too much.

I would try to do some push ups, pull ups, stairs, dips etc around your house though if you get the chance to stay active.
so take the pct stack at the same time with out staggering them, would it benefit me in anyway to stagger the pct.

I was thinking along the lines of letting my body produce natural test while on nolvadex then half way through have the otc supps to help with the test boosting?

I'm coming of an PH AMS stack

Cheers mate

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't stagger what you have. Recover as fast as possible, especially if you can't lift for two weeks.

jbyo

Awards
Hi Guys

Would it be ok or beneficial not tapering down the novla and just running it 20/20/20/20?

Kind Regards

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi Guys

Would it be ok or beneficial not tapering down the novla and just running it 20/20/20/20?

Kind Regards
Always taper your serm to prevent rebound estrogen symptoms