Can You Help My Dad?

T

Tad50

Awards
My Dad had a blood test in December. His endo said his progesterone levels are abnormally high and he also said he doesn't know what to do about it. He basically threw his hands up and said deal with it. The only thing that my dad has noticed from having high progesterone levels is an inability to ejaculate. So, I told my dad about cabergoline (dostinex) and showed him some literature on it. He then told his endo about it and his endo said he didn't know what effects dostinex had on progesterone and that he would look into it. Do you think that cabergoline would help my dad in this particular situation?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I know that dostinex is used to treat hyperprolactinemia (prolactin problems) and dopamineric problems, but I have never heard/read of it being used to control progesterone.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I knew i could count on B to state the obvious...

T

Tad50

Awards
My dad is thinking about switching doctors. Do you think dostinex might help my dad? He's 60 yrs. old by the way. He's been taking GH and HCG on and off for awhile now (prescribed by his doc). During Christmas time I had my dad try rebound/activate instead of HCG and it worked pretty well. He had his blood tested at the end of the cycle and his test and free test levels were very high for his age (it surprised the hell out of his doc too ) but, ironically, his estradiol levels were pretty high as well. This perplexed me because he was taking 4 caps/day of rebound xt for the cycle :think:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you think dostinex might help my dad?
It may or may not. I don't know jack about dostinex. Honestly if it were a member of my family, a message board full of complete strangers, with unknown competence, is the last place I would seek opinions or advice.

Have him (or do it yourself) seek out a more competent professional in the field.

JMO :),
Good luck to you.