splitting up var dosages

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I was just curious how you guys took your var and what yielded the least side effects. After a little research it seems some people have had headaches and elevated BP when taking all at once so it would seem logical to take 20mg in morning then 20 12 hours later (assuming one takes 40mg daily). However, I know var has a profound effect on phosphocreatine levels and would probably be best utilized for strength/speed if taken sometime within 12 hours or so (i know it has a shorter half life) of your workout.

What are your takes on these effects however? Was there really that much of a difference in strength if the dosage was split up?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
IMO, I don't think it would matter once your blood levels were at optimum levels. Maybe at the start you could split the dosages, but I don't think it really matters that much.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Like Cuffs said once you get a consistent amount of oxandrolone in your system you won't see anything significantly different in terms of results. Anyways im curious about your cycle. Would like to know your weight, age, goals for this cycle and the length of the cycle as well. Keep us updated please!

johngalt

Awards
20mg in the morning and 20mg in the evening gives good results.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I split the dose. I would rec'd amping up over a couple of days. Let your body get used to 20mg then increase to 40mg. Don't be shy with it either. I started feeling "on" @ 50mg & above.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I split the dose. I would rec'd amping up over a couple of days. Let your body get used to 20mg then increase to 40mg. Don't be shy with it either. I started feeling "on" @ 50mg & above.
Well the capsules are 20mg apiece so I would have to bump to 60 but what type of feeling did you get with var? The popular consensus for buddies of mine seemed to be they didn't get much of a feeling. Did you lean out at all? Ill go to 60 at some point.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Well the capsules are 20mg apiece so I would have to bump to 60 but what type of feeling did you get with var? The popular consensus for buddies of mine seemed to be they didn't get much of a feeling. Did you lean out at all? Ill go to 60 at some point.
I had 15mg tabs. I started @ 30mg and experienced some head & neck tension. I jumped up to 45mg and experienced a 3 day headache so I backed off & increased Hawthorne. I continued 30mg for a week and then increased to 45mg with no problems. I continued @ 45 expecting to experience increased strength gains like my bro did @ 45mg. Didn't happen. Although endurance increased and recovery time decreased. I then increased to 60mg and started noticing strength increases. I was mainly focused on legs throughout the whole cycle. Nothing dramatic on the strength but noticeable. Modest gains @ maintenance kcals. I ran it for about 6-7 weeks, I didn't log the strength gains but they were significant. I am pretty sure I went from 315X2 on squats to 365x4

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks for the input man.

The only thing I have noticed so far (after only 3 days haha) is damn heartburn, probably due to the capsules. I am just going to start taking them like 10-20 minutes before a meal and see how that helps. I will continue at 40 for a week and see how the strength treats me. My strength has been doing quite well lately, I benched 250 x 7 on my 5th set of bench the other day and did 100 lb dumbbells for 8 on my 2nd set of inclines (7th set of bench) both being unassisted, which, for me since ive been out of it for so long was outstanding. I hope to get 315 for 2-3 by mid april or so. I still can't squat though, hopefully the IGF will fix that somewhat :(.