measuring with a syringe

OldSpice

Awards
today i had an interesting conversation with some people at my local gym. they couldn't agree on how to measure with a syringe. what i'm saying is, for example, with a BD syringe, the plunger has 2 round pieces of rubber that kind of jut out. some of the people i asked measured using the first round rubber piece, closest to the needle. some people used the other one. which do u guys use?

pic...
http://www.calvetsupply.com/ProductImages/60cccatheterlge.jpg/[url]

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Unless I'm on crack, this is a NO BRAINER.

The area where the liquid meets the rubber is where you take your measurement from.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BTW I' worked in a doctor's office when I was younger and occasionally even though he wasn't supposed to the doctor would have me draw up shots op epinephrine. That's how I measured it and he never said I was doing it wrong.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
yes, it's the gradiation where the oil/liquid meets the plunger.

haplochrom

Awards
If you are dosing something very sensitive, just pull some air before you draw, and then when you think that you have the correct dose, pull some more aire through the needle.

This will pull all of the liquid into the syring and have the liquid starting from zero. Might sound OCD, but when you are dosing clen, or t3 with 18g needles, it can be the difference of 20mcg just in the nedle.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
well now this is going in another direction..

that works good, but if you don't trust oral syringes for sensitive dosage, and are worried about the amount left in the luer-lock of a regular 3cc syringe... then use an insulin syringe, as there is no room between the needle and the barrel to misdose. just pull up that oral solution and spritz away.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
True, I think the term is 0 deadspace. Meaning no space left at all when the plunger is fully depressed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
match Weight Loss 4
35 and Older 6
pistonpump Anabolics 6
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 3