My Life Story - and Superdrol

JoeMama

Awards
Ok, here's my story

I'm 42 years old (guy) - classic ecto. I've worked out for 26 year...well except for an 11 year break.

I worked out from about the age of 16-25 pretty steadily. My job was working blue collar stuff (autobody), I had recently gotten married and had a kid and decided I needed a better paying job (I'm not really a go-getter, I was happy with what I was doing - but a kid and the thought of paying for college will do that to you). Anyway it took me 4-5 years of constant work but I finally re-invented myself as a geek. Got a pretty good job and have been working at that for the past 6-7 years.

Anyway, about 1.5 years ago my wife tells me I'm getting fat. I laugh it off because from the time I was about 16 on I've always been around the same weight - 175 (I'm 6' maybe 6'1"). When I was younger (up until 25 or so) I had a pretty crappy diet but worked my ass off in the gym and looked pretty good. Then when I was transitioning careers, my diet got a little better but I rarely worked out - but to my surprise I still looked OK. I didn't lose too much and although I probably added some fat, I was OK with how I looked. My metabolism slowed a little around the age of 31-32 and I no longer had to make myself eat to hold at my 175. Now that brings me to the 1.5 years ago. She's says I'm getting fat and while I weight myself maybe once a month it's never been over about 177 and never under about 169. So I get on the scale and I'm at 184...:wtf: I swear I thought she was messing with the scale. I called her in and made her get on it to prove she didn't do something to it, but it was right. So somewhere in the course of about a month/month and a half my metabolism shifted down another notch.

Now, when I commit to something I don't like to fail - so after a week or 2 thinking about it and making sure it wasn't just water weight, I decide not only am I going to get into shape again - but I want to be in the best shape of my life. How am I going to measure that? Well - even when I was in pretty good shape I could never see my abs - I had such a hard time getting enough food that I didn't eat clean enough to ever get to 10% BF. So that's how I plan on proving to myself I'm in the best shape of my life (well, that and I have to bench 275 since that's my personal best, I can't DL or Squat too heavy because of my back so I'll never get to those PR's again).
I started lifting again (started with 3 full body w/o a week) and eating very clean. Well, the fat started dropping off, but when I hit 168 and 13-14% BF I realized I would be too skinny at 10%, so I needed to bulk first. The good news was I could now gain weight. The bad news was I didn't want to take 2-3 years to do it right. So even though I had only about a year back at it I decided to try one of these pro-hormones and bought some superdrol. Now, I can hear the haters - it's stupid, you could have done it naturally blah, blah blah. Well, you know what? screw that! I didn't want to wait 2-3 years. I'm an old guy. I don't want to win the Olympia - I don't even want to be that big. 180 at 10% BF would be perfect for me. My knees, hips and back wouldn't want to carry 200 lbs. through some pick-up basketball.

So, after reading a ton, following the xxtruxx1 log (first one, not the aborted second one), reading the Quickryde log, all the delayed gyno threads - the thoughts of Dr.D, BigCat, Anthony Roberts and every other expert that posts to here/bb.com, MT.com or T-N.com, I felt I had enough info to give it a shot. I originally bought Rebound-XT and Nolva for PCT, but the delayed gyno threads had me a little nervous so I bought AX's PCT to use in place of the Rebound-XT. I also have most of the other supplements people recommend (AX's perfect cycle, Hawthorn, Fish Oil,Flax and CoQ10) which I pre-loaded and ran through cycle and now into PCT.

Well, the cycle of 3 weeks went great (10mg 3 days, 20 for the rest of the 3 weeks). I started at 175 (had gained a little naturally) - 3 days in I was up 6 pounds which can't possibly be muscle, but since it wasn't fat, I assume it's water in the muscle and I figure that's weight I should expect to lose post cycle. Then I leveled off pretty much the rest of week 1 - but gained another 2 pounds. Week 2 I was up another 5 pounds, and week 3 another 4 pounds (by day 18) - the last 3 days I didn't gain anything. So I was at 190 by the end of the cycle.

Now here's where I'll probably get some more hate - I decided not to use the Nolva. Having read it can hurt gains and quite a few people that had their best PCT's without it, I decided to try PCT without it. The real reason is that I really didn't have any bad sides on superdrol. My libido was up slightly. The boys moved up a little, but didn't shrink. No acne, aggressiveness etc. No back pumps. I did have some lethargy for about 2 days week 2 - but it may have just been bad nights sleep. The only thing that was annoying was in the last 3 days and even now (although much less) I was getting pretty bad calf pump/ shin splints. I walk about half a mile on my way to work and for 2-3 days I felt like stopping at about the 3/4 mark because of the pain (I didn't, but when I'd sit down after they were rock hard and there was a real throbbing in my feet). I still feel the tightness, but it doesn't really hurt now (11 days into PCT).

So I'm just doing the AX PCT (3,2,2,1) along with Perfect Cycle, Hawthorn, a Multi, some Fish Oil, FLAX and CoQ10. My libido is down slightly (no problem getting wood/hitting up the old lady - but no real desire to jack-off on nights when I don't get some) which I assume is from the mythl-ADT (AX PCT). So far, so good. weight is down to about 187 which is fine. Strength is holding and for now I'm holding calories to to about what I did on cycle. I plan on cutting a little to see where I stand after PCT and getting my BF% / bloodwork checked.

I bought some AcTivate to use with the Rebound-XT but will wait a while - hey there's a question. How long should I wait before using this non-hormonal stack? If bloodwork comes back OK can I jump right on it?

Do you think I was wrong to leave out the nolva? My thought was if I have ANY itching/sensitivity in the nips I could start it, but since things seemed to go so well, why add in anything to stop what I don't have?

I guess the reason I'm posting all this to let people know that Superdrol isn't necessarily going to f*** you up. Now, I obviously haven't gotten past the PCT clean or the delayed gyno time yet, but I feel like I know my body pretty well and with things seemingly going this well I'm pretty confident I'm recovering well.

Do I think it's for everyone? Hell no. Under 21? Hell no. Something you should do 3 times a year? Hell no. I'll tell you what, the hardest thing for me in this whole cycle was fighting the "moral" issue. I feel like I cheated. I may never do another pro-hormone cycle (if I can get to my goal by the end of the year) but I'm glad I did this one just so I know it doesn't take anything special to be "male stripper" big. I'm not putting down the guys who are pro-bodybuilders or the guys that really know what they are doing and take some juice to overcome genetic limits, but hell , until 6 months ago I thought all those guys must outwork my lazy ass in the gym to get that big, but now I know that if I wanted to I could easily get to 210 lbs. without having to spend 2 hours a day at the gym and eating only tuna and protein shakes.

Anyway, as I'm sure this is the longest 1st post in AM history, I'm out.

Thanks to all who give knowledge here and if anyone reads this whole mess god bless you. I'll post again if anyone reads this and wants to know how things ended up as the weeks go on.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Great post man - believe me you wont be getting anyone trying to lecture you for not giving enough info!:D

I bought some AcTivate to use with the Rebound-XT but will wait a while - hey there's a question. How long should I wait before using this non-hormonal stack? If bloodwork comes back OK can I jump right on it?
Personally, I would wait a little bit because I dont think you want to use ATD related products for that long. Let your body normalize from the SD/PCT before tweaking your endocrine system again, even if the NHA stack is a more natural route, your still changing your body's hormonal balance.

Do you think I was wrong to leave out the nolva? My thought was if I have ANY itching/sensitivity in the nips I could start it, but since things seemed to go so well, why add in anything to stop what I don't have?
If you've had a successful PCT, then no. Ive read that Nolva is recommended after SD because of the delayed gyno-issues you mentioned. You are wise to have it on hand however.

My own opinion bro, you've obviously done enough research to know the pros and cons of what you're doing. At your age,Id say just make double sure that the SD isnt doing any harm to your body, but it looks like you already have that covered.
There are also a lot of new natural products that are surprisingly effective, especially for the older athlete. PowerFULL, CissusRX, the NHA stack, etc. I ran PowerFULL/Cissus/Rebound/CreEthylThunder for 4 weeks and it was surprisingly effective. You may want to look into that to assist with future gains.

Anyway, best of luck to you with the cycle! And welcome to AnabolicMinds.com!!

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The thing with SD is that it can really screw with your lipid profile and if you don't have a base line then you can't even figure out how bad it is messed up
Matt is right on here, and this applies to all the new hormones. No one really knows how they affect the body, so its best to approach them with caution.

BV

JoeMama

Awards
Thanks!
I did get bloodwork pre-cycle (wouldn't have done it without knowing I was fine going in). Everything was middle of the scale except creatinine which was a little high (probably from working out/ creatine supplementation) and my HDL to LDL ratio was slightly off. The bad cholesterol and total cholesterol were fine, but my good cholesterol was a little low.
I'll wait about 2 weeks after PCT and get bloodwork done again to see if things are back to normal. If so I'll stick with protein/creatine for maybe another month and then maybe try the NHA stack.
Thanks again for the input...and sorry for the long post...I really got on a roll there.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Cool, please keep this thread updated with your bloodwork results!!

JoeMama

Awards
I will - it'll be about 4-5 weeks before I post it (another 2+ weeks of PCT, then a 2 week buffer before I get the blood test).

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
You put on 12lbs and you think you can gain another 25 "easily"?! Give me a break. Your next cycle you would not get 12 as "easily" as you did this time. And the next would be even harder. I bet it would you take another 5 cycles to gain and maintain another 25lbs of muscle.

JoeMama

Awards
By easy, I by no means meant I could do it in a short time - but before this, I thought that genetically there was no way my frame could even carry 210 pounds. I never got above about 175. Of course, most of that limit was diet, but I think if I was 20 years younger, ate like I do now and did maybe 1 cycle a year I could have gotten that big in 4-5 years at a decent bodyfat%.
Now, maybe you're right - maybe no matter what did I couldn't have gotten there, but I'm pretty sure I could have at least come close.