Which one has a more negative psychological effect

• Superdrol has a more negative psychological effect

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Phera Plex has a more negative psychological effect

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters

DobermanXXL

Awards
In your experience, which one has a more negative psychological effect (ie. depression, etc).

I've used both, I'm leaning toward pheraplex as far as the negative mental sides.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
SD messed me up badly..rage, depression, you name it. So far, week one on PP has been a real pleasure. No real sides other than a pretty serene mood and slow but steady gains. Appetite is also good..a huge plus for a methyl.

Everyone is wired differently so the poll will probably reflect that, however I think SD might win out..partly because it's been out longer.

parttimer

Awards
  • Established
While I haven't started SD yet my PP has left me mellow! At work I am very unproductive now. Its ok though, if I do get proactive at work I only get in trouble!!

fst89lx

Awards
For me, superdrol was excellent in raising my mood and giving me a great feeling of well being, nothing really pissed me off but I did have good aggression in the gym. While I was on PP though I was either close to normal or more towards depressed. I'm now 5 days into pct from PP/Prostan (only new addition to my normal pct is powerfull) and I am getting WAY depressed.

I am sure that 90% of it is due to my current work situation and home life but I think that I would be better able to deal w/ it if my hormones weren't all fucked up right now.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
For me, I felt like crap on SD. It seems everything ph wise make me kind of pissy and feel like ****.

magic8ball

Awards
The first five days of SD was great but the rest of the cycle was downhill. With PP, I had a feel-good and confident outlook the entire time.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I felt pretty good using SD, little hypo feeling for the first few days but no real sides other than that. PP (for the whole 3 days I used it) made my hair shed more than SD so that alone is enough to make someone depressed. :lol:

DrDunc33

Awards
It is interesting to read conflicting experiences people have while on certain cycles. The vast differences in mood/mental affects are especially interesting to me. Just within this thread people have expressed completely different mental/mood experiences while on SD. I have heard alot of people say how their mood/mentality is great on d-bol, but it made me feel horrible. The only thing that has made me feel markedly better from a mood/mental aspect was 4ad. I am planning a SD cycle soon, so I will report back with my personal experiences.

Cosmo

Awards
I get that invincible/superior feeling on SD while PP gave me a slight increase in well being. Your right about everyone being different, gotta find YOUR kind of workout and YOUR kind of eating style and even YOUR kind of roid.

dan34

Awards
I've taken superdrol and ergomax which is supposed to be pretty close to pp. The Ergo did nothing for me good or bad in mood or growth. The Superdrol is very good for growth but made me feel extremely lethargic and depressed and it continued long after my cycle, oh and no sex drive for a bonus. But it will give you pumps better than any no2 product out. I have turned three other guys on to sd and there experience was similiar but they also had extreme stomach cramps that I didn't have.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have not done SD, and will prob. never do one, for fear of neg. feelings I have heard about and host of other things I have heard. When I started Ergo, and PP, I made sure I did not have to interact with my children at school for I did not want to take it out on them. SO with that said I love Phera, and the great mood it gives, as I stated before, I can take my chatty wife, with no prob...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Out of all the orals I have done, SD..despite how awesome the gains were lol..really gave me the hardest time. It could have been just a fluke, or a one time thing but I cringe at the thought of doing another cycle. I probably could get away with using it for 7 days in the middle of a dermal cycle but I doubt I will.

364DP

Awards
Yeah, I've never done PP but I can attest to the negative psychological sides a lot of guys are talking about on SD. From about the end of the first week on, I felt like crap. Great gains and great workouts, but lethargic and depressed when not in the gym.

ballzasteel

Awards
While giving me awsome gains in strength and muscle hypertrophy, they both made me feel lethargic, depressed, and absent of libido. I was so tired after the cycle that I couldn't keep any of my gains because I stopped training for too long. The lethargy and depression destroyed my motivation to train. Also, I did not realize that an ATD and cortisol blocker should not be used alone without a SERM. I now know what the start of gyno feels like because I had a delayed effect of a sore right nipple, and now I have a very small lump under the nipple (cannot be seen, but I can feel it). Everything is back to normal now and I realize that I made several mistakes that could have contributed to most of these effects. Now I am not talking bad about these "supplements", as they are great for mass and strength gains, but the fatigue and depression kicked my ass.

rufjunk

Awards
I've completed 2 weeks of Phera at 30 MG and the tiredness is noticable.

I need about 10 hours of sleep and I'm not very good at taking naps, I find that taking No-Xplode pre-workout helps some. Sleep is definitely a priority.

Also the bloat is noticable.

c-los 21

Anabolic Xtreme Rep
Awards
  • Established
In your experience, which one has a more negative psychological effect (ie. depression, etc).

I've used both, I'm leaning toward pheraplex as far as the negative mental sides.
As you can see there is a large variety from individual to individual. It's also difficult to determine this, since someone may believe they're depressed when in fact they are lethargic/tired/fatigued. I have received emails of many users stating they were very lethargic and felt terrible. I rec. increasing their carb. intake and I asked them to report a week later. The large quantity that reported back, were relieved of their lethargy, they felt much better and energized when they properly consumed carbs throughout the day.

I for one, felt emotionally distressed when on SD during my first cycle.
PP was great, my well being was amazing. So, I'm not trying to say this was caused by an absence of carbs, but it may very well be an important factor.

shock

Awards
I did a superdrol cycle and felt like ****, so I ended it at around 3 days short of 3 weeks. I was lethargic and had no motivation. However, the gains I got were very good. I put on around 11 lbs of LBM.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I agree C-Los, carbs are super important with these orals. Eating more carbs, more frequently is a must on SD. PP I have been able to get away with a normal bulking diet and still feel ok.

Still feeling pretty serene on PP so far. There is some lethargy setting in coupled with shortness of breath that seems to show up around bedtime. Mentally though, there's nothing even close to depression or rage.

DobermanXXL

Awards
It's ironic you'd think SD would increase well-being because it's a similar compound to test

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
IMO, it's because it drops your cholesterol levels so fast. Low lipid levels have been attributed to mental illnesses like severe depression and overt aggression.

Spicoli

Awards
I've completed 2 weeks of Phera at 30 MG and the tiredness is noticable.

I need about 10 hours of sleep and I'm not very good at taking naps, I find that taking No-Xplode pre-workout helps some. Sleep is definitely a priority.

Also the bloat is noticable.
Couldn't agree more. I have experienced the same thing on Phera. I have found that Sleep is the MOST IMPORTANT factor on this stuff. If I get about 9-10 I feel OK the next day, but still a little sick. Anything less and I am totally drained the whole day.

On about Day 3 I started getting a sore throat, and I've had flu-like symptoms ever since. Right now I am on Day 8 and just yesterday kicked the dosage up to 20 mg per day. My symptoms seem to come and go.

I am hoping to fight my way through this cycle and hopefully I will feel better with adequate rest.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IMO, it's because it drops your cholesterol levels so fast. Low lipid levels have been attributed to mental illnesses like severe depression and overt aggression.
I wonder of megadoses of pharma grade fish olil prev to the cylce or during it would help at all or is there any countermeasure to this.
I did a 3 week SD run and was more than ready to end it and sex drive was gone for a month. Max lmg also was brutal. I had great gains on both which sucks.
There has to be some clinical reason for the reason people experience drastic differences using the same supp. Maybe group 1 has high normal estrogen and group 2 has low normal estrogen before the cycle.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I tried the fish oil route..didn't work for me.

Certain individuals may be resistant to the psychological effects of ultra low cholesterol, but on the whole I think nearly everyone would succumb to it if the situation were to drag on for many months. Given that the majority of people doing these methyl cycles on do them for a short time..either a planned 3 weeker of until the gains stop..those that don't experience negative sides may have avoided it simply because they weren't on it long enough to have it happen..or their wiring is less dependent upon the cholesterol-serotonin cascade.

Barbell500

Awards
I haven't tried PP, but Superdrol made me feel like absolute crap, lethargy, lack of an appetite, and depression with some age thrown in. :blink:

mnickerson

mnickerson

Board Supporter
Awards
I did a 3 week superdrol (10/20/20) cycle and noticed some lethargy but was able to combat it with 200mg caffeen 2 times a day and by eating lots of complex carbs. I did notice that I was maybe a little more agressive towards my employees...I had a tendancy to say what's on my mind a bit more. I had a few people tell me I seemed stressed but I didn't really notice it myself.

I am planning to do a 4 week PP cycle in a week and will be very happy if the side are equal to or less than superdrol.

rake922

Awards
Superdrol has a more negative psychological effect

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Personally, AAS in general just give me a rollercoaster of emotions most of the time. I tried Ergomax as my first ever cycle and it gave me lethargy when I wasnt in the gym. I had depression at certain times but other times I felt great.

I have not tried SD....yet