PM meal structure when ON...

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Does this look like too many cals in a short period of time? Need another set of eyes......lean mass bulk = goal!

12:30pm 8oz yam, 8 oz beef, stir fry......
3pm 1/2 cup oats oats and whey
445 - train
615 - virtago or dext or rice cakes/ whey
730 - 1/2 cup oats, egg whites
900 - muscle milk shake................

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Did you say bulk... or cut?

Where's da beef!!! :blink: or chicken for that matter?

You need more foods.. and more calories.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
lean mass!!!

Seriously? It's got to be too much before bed, no??? This is without my 2 am meals, just fyi

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
What's the macro break down for the whole day? How much do you weigh? BF %?

dunimous

Board Supporter
Awards
I would stay away from the muscle milk. Its not that "clean" of a protein powder.

matthams

Awards
post your am meals and nutrient breakdown and calories. how much whey? how many egg whites? and like jonesers said.. where's da beef?

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
thanks boys for your help...coming off a massive cut/anorexic/scared of losing abs, mentality........6'2, 178lbs right now...about 8-9% bf....cardio was 7x a week, now it's ONE.....which is a start.....training 6 days a week....havent strayed from this diet:

Planned Diet:

20 minutes run/walk with dog at 5:00am around neghborhood to get blood flowing and allow dog to urinate on neighbors yards.

6:00am
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1/3 cup rolled oats (sometimes switch to Oat bran)
1 cup egg whites
1/2 scoop protein with 1/2 cup carb less skim milk
20 blueberries and a few blackberries in oats.........HEAVEN

9:00
250g (1/2 small tub) dry curd cc - 45g pro
10 peanuts, 10 almonds
sf jello and fiber one sprinkled on top
green tea

noon
6-8 oz lean beef and chicken
LARGE salad with veggies
6oz yam

3pm
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop whey
tea

500pm train

630 - PW SHAKE - dext/rice cakes or virtago and whey

1/2 cup oats, skim, 1 scoop protein

muscle milk shake in skim or casein shake
couple spoon full dry curd with sf jello
10-20 almonds, walnuts, peanuts

immidiately after = bed.
too much so close to bed?

matthams

Awards
Don't worry about eating too close to bed. Your metabolism doesn't just shut down when you sleep. The slow digesting protein and fat is a good idea before bed. In your 7:30 meal I'd rather see some whole food instead of another whey shake...

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
immidiately after = bed.
too much so close to bed?
No. Your body carries out necessary metabolic processes throughout the night. Contrary to some old silly thoughts, digestion is happening and just because you eat before you go to bed doesn't mean the calories will be stored as fat. That is dependant on your overall calorie balance.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Hey I know you didn't ask about training... but a observation and recomendation.

If you just came off a long cut and are going into a bulk.. and now training 6 days a week. You might benefit from some time off.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Excellent points and excellent help......training time off is good idea as well! K to all of you.......what are you plans? Goals? Etc? Diet posts?

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
I was watching a bball game last night on ESPN and every friggn commercial was for East of Chicago Pizza....finnaly, after a little green, and the 14th commercial, I said "f-it" and ordered the 10 topping large for 12.99......toook them like 3 hrs to deliver due to the weather, so I was passed out by the time it got to my place.....if it ever did...God only knows, but damn it woulda been good!