What kind of gains did you make on your first PH cycle?

What kinds of gains did you make on your first PH cycle?

• I don't think it did squat...

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • I gained 0 pounds, but lost fat

Votes: 20 3.2%
  • I gained 0 pounds, but gained lots of strength...

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • I gained 5+ pounds, and strength

Votes: 161 26.1%
  • I gained 10+ pounds, and strength

Votes: 222 36.0%
  • I gained 15+ pounds and lots of strength

Votes: 161 26.1%

• Total voters

Streax

Awards
I hope a poll like this has not been posted before, but I could not find one and thought it would be interesting to see. I will answer this in a month or two I guess after my first cycle.

Please put the details of your first cycle and a little explanation of what you think went right/wrong with it as well to help others.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Lets do androgen 101 here.

#1 PH/AAS are NOT magic bullets. If you do not have your factors right to grow naturally, juice will not help.

#2 Think of PH/AAS a simply "accelerators" similar to nitrous oxide in a car. If the damn thing will not run, or runs choppy, nitrous is just not gonna do a damn thing.

#3 The keys are nutrition, workout and rest. The greatest of these is nutrition.

Workout: You CAN add volume while using PH/AAS. This does NOT mean increasing everything by 20 sets. You CAN overtrain on gear. With PHs, a LOT of people have had great results with Geran Volume Training. Give it a shot.

Rest: NO all night parties. This is a FOCUS for 4-8 weeks here. Get your 8 hours in a night. Your body will thank you, and grow.

Nutrition. SIMPLY 20-25x bodyweight in total calories. 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. DONT sit eating "super clean" and only getting 2000 calories a day because of it. DONT be afraid of gaining a bit of fat. Grabbing the occasional double bacon cheeseburger while "on" is NOT a bad thing.

Little things: Avoid alcohol. No cardio while bulking.

Follow these simple rules, and I promise you a successful cycle. Skip one, and you will have issues.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

#1 PH/AAS are NOT magic bullets. If you do not have your factors right to grow naturally, juice will not help.
Preach on!

Nutrition. SIMPLY 20-25x bodyweight in total calories. 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. DONT sit eating "super clean" and only getting 2000 calories a day because of it. DONT be afraid of gaining a bit of fat. Grabbing the occasional double bacon cheeseburger while "on" is NOT a bad thing.
This will work. BMR Calculator is more accurate, but like WD said, if you just want to gain, eat like its your job.

Im with you until here. This is more of a personal preference, but I couldnt imagine no cardio. Light cardio to keep the heart healthy isnt a bad idea. Cardio does so many things for you, I couldnt imagine skipping it. Granted you dont want 5 days a week of cardio or 5 mile runs or a few pick up games of basketball, but light running a couple days a week should not take you into a hypocaloric state if you're eating enough.

Other than that, WD just summed up your focus for you.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough YJ. I just look at it as I want EVERY calorie to do a job of building those muscles. A bit of cardio certainly will not kill you, I concur.

Streax

Awards
oops, I guess I should have been more detailed... I guess I figured all of these things were to be assumed. I was expecting people to answer things like... I should have eaten 5000 cals per day instead of 4500, or I should have kept the intensity up during recovery or used a more/less rigorous workout schedule.

I am sure it is hard to tell the educated noobs to this board versus the noob that comes on and thinks this is the new magic "pill" and all you have to do is take it and you will get huge. I figured most of the people on this board have a thorough meal plan, workout schedule, and sleeping pattern.

I am just curious what kind of results people are getting like before and after height/weight/bf%, because I thought it would be interesting to see. I guess I was trying to figure out how many duds there were for all of these "I gained 15 pounds in 4 weeks" threads.

-Jim

wardog

Awards
  • Established
All I am trying to say bro is...if you do everything right, it is really kinda foolproof. I do not know about 15 pounds in 4 weeks, but it is relativly easy to have a good cycle if you have everything else right. Every one of those "duds" I bet I could find an issue with one of those factors..which lead to a "dud" cycle

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
actually, at a place like this I'm going to say there won't be too many "duds" at all, as 95% or more of these people are extremely focused, knowledgable, and disciplined, and were smart enough to have their **** down before they started cycle numero uno (maybe wishful thinking but I really doubt it... great bunch of brains around here). will be interesting to see more opinions though.

spike1205

Awards
Good luck Draven--im on the 4 weeks off of a 4 on 4off 4on T1pro cycle
cant wait to get back to it--well except fot the applicating--its a pain sometimes

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I'll bump this post as many times as it takes for it to sink in...

Notice to everyone => that's why Nutrition is listed under Anabolic Discussion with steroids and Prohormones.

Chemo

Originally posted by wardog
Lets do androgen 101 here.

#2 Think of PH/AAS a simply "accelerators" similar to nitrous oxide in a car. If the damn thing will not run, or runs choppy, nitrous is just not gonna do a damn thing.

#3 The keys are nutrition, workout and rest. The greatest of these is nutrition.

Workout: You CAN add volume while using PH/AAS. This does NOT mean increasing everything by 20 sets. You CAN overtrain on gear. With PHs, a LOT of people have had great results with Geran Volume Training. Give it a shot.

Rest: NO all night parties. This is a FOCUS for 4-8 weeks here. Get your 8 hours in a night. Your body will thank you, and grow.

Follow these simple rules, and I promise you a successful cycle. Skip one, and you will have issues.

Streax

Awards
pretty impressive results in the poll so far... I actually am pretty surprised that this few amount of people have had less than significant results so far.

raprazant

Awards
i thought i should make my first post here somewhat meaningful so no one thinks i'm trying to crash the party. i posted this on bb.com but no one, save some vets, seemed to care.

i just finished an 8 week 1ad/4ad cycle of ids and 4-aderm on 3/25. i used the following dosages...

week1 - 300/300
week2 - 300/300
week3 - 400/400
week4 - 400/400
week5 - 500/500
week6 - 500/500
week7 - 600/600
week8 - 600/600

i'm 29 years old and i weighed 220 when i started and peaked at about 232. i now weigh 229 as of 4/7 which is about two weeks after the cycle's end. i believe i've dried out as much as i'm going to. my strength went up appreciably with about a 5% gain on everything. bench is always a good example...

ending set:
start of cycle - 6@315
end of cycle - 5@335

pull-ups...
ending set:
start of cycle - 8@220+35
end of cycle - 8@230+45

i originally planned to only go 6 weeks but since i was feeling no side effects except a slight loss of libido i pushed up the dosage and continued for 2 more weeks. those last 2 weeks yielded the greatest gains and most intense workouts. i started at 300/300 because i had no experience with either of these compounds prior. if i were to ever do it again i would start out at 500/500 and finish with 700/700 or maybe 800/800 depending on how i felt. it was definitely worth it, as i added almost 3/8" to my arms [they underwent severe weak-point training to bring them to 17"] but i think my next anabolic experiment will be a sust/deca/dbol bulking cycle. i'm taking creatine for the next 8 weeks to keep my strength up and 6oxo [400/day] for as long as the current bottle lasts. i can't afford any more but, in all reality, the only side effect i felt was what i mentioned above. that loss has already started to disappear so i'm not really worried. i experienced no hair loss [knock on wood] and no more aggressiveness than normal but i'm naturally an irritable mother fvcker so take that with a grain of salt.

my carb/protein intake rose, while on the cycle, to about 350/250 respectively. these are estimated averages as my diet tends to vary with regularity. i ate whatever i saw, whenever i could, but sometimes, due to work, i couldn't eat as consistently as i would've liked.

as far as my workout i've got a classic 4or5-on 1or2-off split that would vary when weak-point training. i didn't take anymore than two days off for the entire cycle and that was only when i doubled-up on a bodypart during one workout cycle. i won't go into it further unless someone inquires.

conclusion: well worth it but could've yielded better gains had i started out at higher dosages and kept my diet more consistent. only experienced loss of libido and that was very mild and has mostly disappeared.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I gained 40,175% more on my first PH cycle than I did on Cell-Tech.

Seriously though, my first PH cycle was a couple of years ago and I gained 14 lbs. All I used was Medleans AndroCreme and NorAndrocreme and 5-AD. I thought that rocked.

I just completed my second cycle this year, using T-4, Sauce, Pentabol Extreme, Androcreme(only first 2 weeks), and NorAndroCreme(only first 4 weeks) and gained 21.5 lbs.

Both cycles lasted 8 weeks, but the improvements in PH's is dramatic to say the least.

I will start my third cycle in October with T-1pro, T-4, 1,4Andro and Pentabol Extreme. It will be interesting to see what the gains are with this.

yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Awards
for my first and only cycle i chose 1-ad alone. i was just coming off of a cutting cycle, so im sure muscle memory played a role, but i gained 16 pounds in 4 weeks, all of which i kept! strength gains were absolutely amazing and were sustained post-cycle. for instance i put on about 60 pounds to my 1RM bench press. my dosage was 400mg/day for the first 3 weeks, and 500mg/day for the last week. i used ZMA, creatine, and 6-oxo post cycle (tapered down at 600mg for 10 days, 400mg for 10 days, and 200mg for 10 days). i was nothing short of amazed with the results. ive been planning another cycle (T-1 Pro), but due to a rotator cuff injury, it has been postponed for a while. i guess that pretty much sums it up.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
i guess you could say my first cycle was mag-10...noticed more strength increases than anything else.

last fall i used tren-x and got some really good results. after about 5 weeks i was up 10 lbs as i recall. i used viratase with it and upped my cals to between 3500 and 4000 per day. I ran an 8 week cycle. I gained overall 22 lbs but not sure how much was lean. the pattern wd outlined here is very sound advice and what i followed in my cycle. i was overall pleased with how my body responded. post cycle, i kept weight up, but backed off the number of sets. post cycle i used 6-oxo and zma.

next bulkin cycle i'm gonna use a homebrew 1test..havent decided what if anything else. but i dont think i'll up my cals quite that high...maybe no more than 3500/day.

JFP2026

Awards
I gained about 15lbs my first cycle.

For my next bulking cycle I'm gonna go with T1-Pro, T-4, and 1,4 Andro...should be good. :cool:

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I am on my first cycle now but i have already gained 10 lbs. and have lost 2.7% bodyfat already

kranden

Awards
My first 4 week cycle I went from 180- 187 lbs and went from 14% bodyfat to 8% bodyfat, I just started my second 4 week cycle this last monday, can't wait to see the 3rd adn 4th week results again, and my strength was through the roof

DoctorX2k2

Awards
My first 4 week cycle I went from 180- 187 lbs and went from 14% bodyfat to 8% bodyfat, I just started my second 4 week cycle this last monday, can't wait to see the 3rd adn 4th week results again, and my strength was through the roof
Damn! that's a 17lbs increase in LBM while losing 10 pounds of fat... pretty nice.

SHUTUP&TRAIN

Awards
Started my first cycle of T1-Pro decided to screw the 1 mo on 1 mo off and just stick w/a 6 week on set up

I am 2 weeks in now

My cals were around 3-3250 before cycle

now i'm hitting 3750 to 4k daily

Cycle start 186.5 10.% bf

2 days ago 194.5 bf unknown

I agree with the cheeseburger theory, it just isn't possible to eat higher cals on a clean style diet. But don't get me wrong, you don't want the drive thru guy to know you by first name...

My workout frequency is a 4 on 3 off, as i am a firm believer in rest, and the afflicted areas are sore accordingly.

I am also supp'ing w/green tea, ZMA, melatonin, and a multi

i'll keep you guys posted

One question, do you guys clean the skin prior to transdermal application, as to clean/removeee previous applications?

Last edited:
ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I used my first PH cycle as a cutter intentionally, my bodyfat went down and my strength went up. I will be doing a similar thing come october.

ManBeast

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i gained a bunch of weight but a lot of it ended up being water. Used tren-x, ended up w/ 12lbs after it was all said and done.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I put on 19lbs my first 4 weeker of 1t/4ad, kept about 15 or so after all said and done...

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
my first cycle I ran 300mgs of 1ad and 900 of nordiol for 6 weeks. I probably could have made better gains if i upped the 1ad to 600mgs. However, it was my first cycle and wanted to take a low doses of the 1ad. Overall, I gained 10pds and lost about 5 post cycle (probably water weight).

Toneyfan

Awards
I'm doing my second cycle right now, actually. 1-Test/4-AD. Been on it for 2 1/2 weeks, and have already gained about 7-8 lbs.

It's a 6 week cycle, so i'll take the sound advice given by "Wardog" in stride!

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
did 1-ad/superone+ for 8 weeks. 1-ad for the 1st 4 weeks then superone+ for the next 4. went from 208 to 228. Ate everything in my path, which caused me to get a little fat since I cut cardio out completly. Lifts went way up, and have stayed in that range since. I am now only 208, but thats because I had to start cutting for summer time. Bench went from about 250 to 305 :) oh and my bodyfat went from about 15% to 18% then now back to around 15%.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently on a cycle of Megabol X and Anabol X. So far I've gained 11 lbs in 5 weeks(159lbs to 170). Taking in about 3400 calories a day and doing a 4 day split. Cycling my training to have 3 weeks semi-high volume, 3 weeks high intensity. Strength increase has been very "noticable" as has intesity.

Aside from loss of libido and acne the sides are pretty mild. The 4AD has put me in a disturbingly good mood.

EDIT: I gained a total of 16 pounds that cycle. Kept a total of 12 after 8 weeks.

Last edited:

socrates

Awards
I did two bottles of 1-ad. Starting at 300mg per day I gradually increased it to 500mg and tapered down again.
By the third week I started gaining weight. I went from 167lbs to 180.5 lbs. My bench increased from 290lbs to 315lbs. A month after I was off I still retained 8-10lbs of the original 13lbs. Only post cycle supps I used were zma and fuzu.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the 7th week of the Anabol/Megabol stack at nearly double the suggested dosage. I have gained 18.5lbs. My lifts have went up quick as well. The stack reaky "kicked in" after the start of the Anabol.

Last edited:

Campeon

Awards
are you using the injectable 4AD or does it matter??

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Who are you asking bro? I used oral & transdermal.

Erekose

Erekose

Awards
2 weeks 5 days on Dermabolics S1+ and I have gained 12 lbs.
Up to 225 @ 5'8".

I am going off in a day or so when it runs out...

The Rob

Awards
I'm currently on a cycle of Megabol X and Anabol X. So far I've gained 11 lbs in 5 weeks(159lbs to 170). Taking in about 3400 calories a day and doing a 4 day split. Cycling my training to have 3 weeks semi-high volume, 3 weeks high intensity. Strength increase has been very "noticable" as has intesity.

Aside from loss of libido and acne the sides are pretty mild. The 4AD has put me in a disturbingly good mood.

EDIT: I gained a total of 16 pounds that cycle. Kept a total of 12 after 8 weeks.
this is a normal side effect of 4ad?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
this is a normal side effect of 4ad?
Acne is a normal side of 4ad, but its actually a libido enhancer. The good mood is probably a result of the test increase from the 4AD tho. Not sure what else is in the Anabol/Megabol stack.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
i use 4adiol-dioncombo/19nordiol for 8weeks . the doses were a lot lower then and the gains were excellent also the feeling was the best..........ive been trying to get that same feeling an gains ever since....gained about 10 lbs of lean muscle and kept most. probably because of the 19nor.

dingobite

Awards
I also naturally put a inch on my arms in two weeks at 3000+ calories creatine (first time laying the diet down) second two weeks was on 1 AD gained another inch on the arms kept it all for a year. Im finally growing again thank goodness.

I picked up 2 inches on my waist good thing by weeks six i pissed 17 of those pounds from the 19 i gain back out on 1Ad it definatly showed visibly i had packed on teh extra weight.

krie1g

Awards
everyone is so crazy about 1ad and 4 ad over m1t whats up? is it really better in terms of gains?

yourHEAD

Awards
I just started my first cycle. I'm running 600mg 1,4andro (oral) and 400mg 1-test (transdermal). I started the 1,4andro a week before the 1-test and I plan on running for 6 weeks total. 1st week was 1,4andro and 2nd through 6th week 1,4andro and 1-test. I did this because the 1,4andro can take 4-5 weeks to start showing results so I wanted to start it a little earlier so it works with the test and not as my cycle is ending. I'll be running Nolva / Metacort for PCT. No clue on expected gains but just a week and a half in and only 4 days on the 1-test and I notice lots more vascularity. I'm seeing veins I never knew existed. I'll be sure to watch this topic and update. I designed this as a lean mass build and cutting cycle. I dropped cardio to one day a week of low intensity. I keep my carbs early in the morning, low in total count and 100% clean (oats / brown rice). I have been trying to maintain about 1.5-2 grams protein per pound of lbm. I hope to gain some lean mass and drop some bodyfat. No sides as of yet but it is still early in the cycle. I'll be sure to update and vote on the poll in a few more weeks.

Brian

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
hmmm.....yeah, i'm gonna go ahead and call you a liar or a very inconsistent caliper-manipulator. probably both. how much do you help your brethren by lying about/exaggerating your results?

and just to throw in my $.02 - i gained 17lbs on my 1st (but like many others, i upped the cals accordingly)

V Player

Awards
My first ever PH cycle was S1+ with 3 extra grams of 1-test per bottle. 6 Sprays twice daily. I gained 8 solid pounds with no additional bodyfat or water.

My next cycle starts in two weeks.

1-6 400mg 4derm ED
1-6 40mg SuperDrol ED

Any suggestions?

V Player

Awards
Start at 20 and work up.

Gotcha :thumbsup:

A member of my other forum was adding MDHT to this stack so I was just wondering. I think this will be all I need, thoug. Thanks.

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
I also naturally put a inch on my arms in two weeks at 3000+ calories creatine (first time laying the diet down) second two weeks was on 1 AD gained another inch on the arms kept it all for a year. Im finally growing again thank goodness.

I picked up 2 inches on my waist good thing by weeks six i pissed 17 of those pounds from the 19 i gain back out on 1Ad it definatly showed visibly i had packed on teh extra weight.
Let me get this straight.

You gained an inch in your arms in two weeks using just creatine? And then you put another inch on them using 1-AD?

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
Let me get this straight.

You gained an inch in your arms in two weeks using just creatine? And then you put another inch on them using 1-AD?
haha....sounds like a muscletech advertisement....i'm with you on calling "shenanigans"

Brfish

Brfish

Board Supporter
Awards
My first cycle was 4 weeks of S1+. I gained ~12lbs while dropping 1 notch on my belt. My Lifts went way up during the last 2 weeks of the cycle. I finished PCT about 2 weeks ago and I have been cutting for the past week or so. During PCT I lost about 5 lbs and after starting this cut I am down to the same weight I was when I started the S1+ cycle, but my lifts never went down and are still slowly increasing. I was about 26% BF when I started my cycle and was 22.2% BF with 1 week left of my PCT. I will be starting a 4 week Mdien cycle next week and hope to get down to <15% BF by the end of the PCT for that cycle.

JavaGuru

Awards
I used 700mg 4-ad ethyl carbonate per week IM for two weeks as an experiment. This was when EC was the only ester being sold by retailers(years ago), mine was kilo sports. I had a change of six pounds, gained four pounds LBM and lost two pounds fat for a total change of six pounds. I was quite surprised as I had expected maybe a three pound total change based on my experience with transdermals.