Kansas City's Running Back Mike Cloud Busted

  1. Kansas City's Running Back Mike Clound Busted


    Kansas City Chiefs RB busted
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Free-agent running back Mike Cloud was suspended for the first four games of the 2003 season for violating the NFL's steroid policy.

    The league would not comment on the specifics of the violation, spokesman Greg Aiello said Thursday, citing the NFL's confidentiality policy.

    Cloud, an unrestricted free agent, spent his first four seasons playing sparingly with the Kansas City Chiefs.

    His agent said a protein supplement caused his client to test positive for the banned steroid nandrolone late last season. Agent Jonathan Feinsod declined to name the supplement.

    "It was not what he bargained for," Feinsod said.

    The suspension is for the first four games of the regular season, whether or not Cloud is with a team.

    "If he signs after four games, there is no further suspension," Aiello said.

    Feinsod said the suspension, which dates to December, was upheld on appeal in mid-February.

    The Chiefs declined to comment on the suspension. They have indicated they have no interest in bringing Cloud back despite questions about Priest Holmes' availability.

    Cloud was a second-round draft pick out of Boston College in 1999. He played in 56 games for the Chiefs, with six starts.

    Two starts came at the end of the 2002 season, when Holmes was out with a hip injury. Holmes underwent hip surgery Tuesday, and the Chiefs said he is expected to be back at full speed by June.

    Cloud has 121 career carries for 381 yards and four touchdowns. He also has 11 catches for 89 yards.
    Last edited by YellowJacket; 03-31-2003 at 08:40 PM.


  2. protein supp... nandrolone... whoops

  3. LOL.. okay which company made that particular brand of protein
    •   
       


  4. Quality Vet I believe

  5. "we are 100% sure at this point that it was his Gatorade, not the use of illicit performance enhancing substances"

  6. Originally posted by Biggin
    "we are 100% sure at this point that it was his Gatorade, not the use of illicit performance enhancing substances"
    Damn! Who's his source, 7-11 or Store 24?

    Do they have a Cyber-Rights email?

  7. Thats the same thing the olympic bobsled guy claimed. "juiced protein", hey we should market that....no, I think someone already has. LOL!

  8. Originally posted by bigpetefox


    Damn! Who's his source, 7-11 or Store 24?

    Do they have a Cyber-Rights email?
    nah Pete, it a keptprivate addy, keep this on the DL man! I get mine in 20oz, send me a PM for the list

    Frickin gatorade!

  9. Originally posted by SCORPIO
    Thats the same thing the olympic bobsled guy claimed. "juiced protein", hey we should market that....no, I think someone already has. LOL!
    lol...yeah pinnacle makes "juiced protein" i believe....with that Myostat CSP-3 **** in it....

  10. I HATE the cheifs....

  11. I gues he, Ray Buchanan, and Julius Peppers better are getting supps w/roids because they've all tested positive and claimed it was the supps. BTW, I'd say the same thing if I were a pro football player because teams would be hesitant to sign a "drug" user due to all the PC bullcrap

  12. Originally posted by Iron Warrior
    I gues he, Ray Buchanan, and Julius Peppers better are getting supps w/roids because they've all tested positive and claimed it was the supps. BTW, I'd say the same thing if I were a pro football player because teams would be hesitant to sign a "drug" user due to all the PC bullcrap
    Peppers tested positive for ephedrine, which he admitted to taking.

  13. Originally posted by YellowJacket


    Peppers tested positive for ephedrine, which he admitted to taking.
    My bad, I heard he tested positive for a banned substance which led me to believe it was gear.

  14. no dude, I've read a post elswhere about dbol in small amounts being in some supps, check it out at anasci.com i think...weird...he could be right...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Come back, Mike Price!
    By rubberring in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 12:29 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 06:04 AM
  3. Super bowl in Kansas City??
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 01:50 AM
  4. Running Back Pain
    By DAdams91982 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 01:14 PM
  5. Cowboys running back Ennis Haywood died
    By destro19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Log in
Log in