Phera-Plex/PHs and cold/sickness/immune system

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone using Phera-Plex specifically or Pro-hormones generally become sick with cold/flu/virus as a result?

I had a cold before Christmas but was fully recovered when I started a PP cycle with very good feeling for 5 days but became sick on the 5th day and worse on the 6th. Discontinued PP and battled infection and cold symptoms with prescribed anti-biotics for a couple of weeks. I seemed to be about 95% recovered continued the Phera-Plex and almost immediately following the dose began to get sick again and worse with the second dose. I discontinued for a day got better, resumed Phera-Plex and got sick again, discontinued and felt better but still sick.

My feeling is that Phera-Plex lowers my immune system a bit which allows an almost defeated virus to become stronger.

There is a thread addressing flu-like symptoms from M1T at: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolics/12726-flu-like-symptoms-m1t.html but at the time no one really knew why. Does anyone have any insight into Pro-hormones bringing about or exacerbating colds/viruses/flu?

Scandalous

Awards
Well im not taking PP, but am a week into Max lmg which Iwill be running with SD and I have been sick as a dog all week! Thought it was flu at first and have been dosed up on all sorts! Its getting better now tho, although I do not feel 100% yet, which sucks as I havent been at full strength in the gym!

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I have actually been experiencing the exact same problems-I am not into my 3rd week of PP/SD cycle (only taken PP so far) and I got the flu practically a couple days after I hopped on cycle. I haven't stopped cycle however as I can still workout and eat lots... just w/ a runny nose and cough--- I usually see this when i run PH cycles =/

MacMan

Awards
This has had happened to me during, and especially after cycles of several different compounds. So, I don't think the problem is directly associated with PP. From what I have read, the two causes are likely high cortisol and low estrogen. Whenever a cycle is started, most people have a tendency to workout harder, longer, and with greater frequency. In effect, people overtrain with the belief that the compound they are taking will allow it. The problem is, that during that first week or so, the compound isn't really doing that much to counter act the overtraining and this results in high cortisol levels. With high cortisol levels, the immune functions suffer. The same goes for low estrogen levels. A certain amount of estrogen is necessary for proper immune functions. Many compounds will initially cause estrogen levels to drop, although they may rise later in a cycle. The combination of high cortisol and low estrogen I believe has caused similar problems for me.

I have been able to avoid this problem in my most recent cycles by using a cortisol reducing compound at low levels throughout the cycle (25 mgs. of Lean Extreme) and by being careful to not overtrain, despite feeling recovered, during the initial part of the cycle. At the end of the cycle I up the amount Lean Extreme to 50mgs or 75 mgs as part of my PCT.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I def. think after overtraining while on my 8 week Phera cycle lead to my bout with the stomach flu= losing all 20lbs on cycle. Immune boosters like Vitamin C E and antioxidants like coq10 and pynecol will be used next cycle. In addition i prob will add LX on next cycle too.