No Gains 3rd SD cyc

roadsidejustice

Awards
I am two weeks into my 3rd SD cycle and I have absolutely no gains at all. My first two cycles were absolutely awesome (straight 20mg/ed 4wks and a 5wk pyramid 20/30/30/20/10). I gained upwards of 20lbs at the peak of each cycle with great strength gains. I definitely had gains by the end of the first week on each of those cycles. The "boys" were definitely on hiatus by the end of the second week on the two cycles.

This time around I have no weigt gain, no strength gain and the boys are hanging as low as ever. Are the receptors burnt, being this is the third cycle in a year? I opened a new bottle with a different production number just in case the old bottle was no good (but I highly doubt that is the case). Do I need to up the dose not that I have heard of many going above 30mg? I am taking it with grapefruit juice.

Any suggestions or anyone that has experienced this chiming in would be much appreciated. Stats are 34yo, 5-10, 215.

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
are you eating the same? chances are your body has become more resilient to the compound and you need a higher dose. however, dont think your liver has also become resilient...have you thought of switching compounds? ergomax/ phera plex?

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
i would also suggest that you try a similar compound like pp. what was the time interval between this cycle and your last? also what did your pct look like on cycle #2

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
From what you are writing it looks like you gained in excess of 40lbs from the 2 previous cycles.

Maybe it is your body's way of saying "enough" for now.

Cheezefacta

Awards
From what you are writing it looks like you gained in excess of 40lbs from the 2 previous cycles.

Maybe it is your body's way of saying "enough" for now.
Exactly...if it came that easy everytime, then all these people would be humongous.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
if this has been 4on/4off/5on/4off/4on... i'd seriously think about stopping immediately..
as for the cycle, my first SD cycle was by far the best.. the 2nd one did next to nothing.

roadsidejustice

Awards
I will clarify a couple of things. I am eating pretty much the same as I did on the previous cycles.

When I say I gained 20lbs on each cycle that was at the peak. To my surprise I didn't actually like carrying the 230lbs. During PCT I would cut down on the carbs and I would lean out rather nicley. On both cycles I would end up with a smaller waist than when I started but still kept a few pounds of muscle. My girlfriend commented that I looked bigger when in reality I had lost most of the 20lb I would gain while "on".

My PCT the first time was just nolva at the normal doses. The second was the cycle i went the 5th week on (10mg) and used nolva and DHEA at 300mg/ed. That was a great PCT.

As far as time bewtween cycles they were not 4on/4off/5on/off/on. I always had at least three months between them.

I haven't thought about changing compounds just for the reason I haven't researched any of them. Should probably just begin PCT now and take alot of time off, but damn...I miss that good SD feeling that is for sure.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
(Sang in the tune of Axl Rose)" I used to do a little and the little didn't do it so the little got more and more..."

I'd up your FDA (Food and Drug Admin).:burger:

Keep us posted.

roadsidejustice

Awards
So you think I should make the jump to 40? I read long ago that someone did 40 (Dr D possibly) for 4 or 5 days. I suppose that short duration of time won't put me in the ground. Perhaps I will give it a shot but if I don't see/feel any difference I will just taper down or hit PCT immediately.

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
If you weigh more and are eating the same I would say - up the calories. Also, how is your intensity in your workouts? Just a thought, but you should contine to up intensity - more weight, less rest, drop sets, etc Good Luck

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Theres your problem, lack of calories. Don't up the dose, it's not the dosing thats the problem. You weigh more now and require more calories. So start eating more!

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Also Body fat % checks would really help so you have a better idea of how much lean muscle mass you are gaining as oppose to total weight. Calipers work pretty good

E-Swift25

Awards
are you eating the same? chances are your body has become more resilient to the compound and you need a higher dose. however, dont think your liver has also become resilient...have you thought of switching compounds? ergomax/ phera plex?
Wow, there is such a wealth of misinformation in this thread. Your receptors dont't get burned out and you don't develop a tolerance to steroids. The steroids may seem ineffective, but its beacuse you're getting close to you physiological limits, and thus making it harder to put on weight. Switching up compounds, increasing dosages, taking in more protein, and eating more are ways to avoid this. Don't get me started on pyramiding.

roadsidejustice

Awards
I am eating the same quality of food but I have increased overall calories but not by enough perhaps. That is definitely the hardest part for me since I have become used to eating smaller meals approximately every two hours.

I am up today in weight and strength was up today for my workout. As far as bodyfat goes I will get some calipers. I am definitely leaner since doing the SD cycles. Today I was up to 220 and my waist is still in the 33-34" range.

As far as receptors being "burnt", from what I have read in numerous threads is that they become less sensitive to the compounds in the body the more frequently they are used.

Pyramiding I take it you don't like but I will say it was the best cycle and PCT I had with SD.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Check out the log by B5150, he did 40mg-50mg for 2 weeks.

roadsidejustice

Awards
As much as it kills me I am going to shut this cycle down at the end of the third week. I will take alot of time off from any of the compounds. Thanks for all of the input and I will apply the info to my next cycle of whatever I do.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I'd say more carbs (overall calories as well) carbs are a must with sd. It's almost like you can't get enough of them with this stuff. The whole receptor burnout theory is debateable. There have been studies that even show an upregulation of them when using aas. 3 months is plenty of time to recover from a 4 week cycle of sd. (well SHOULD be, although everyone is different)

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'd say more carbs (overall calories as well) carbs are a must with sd. It's almost like you can't get enough of them with this stuff. The whole receptor burnout theory is debateable. There have been studies that even show an upregulation of them when using aas. 3 months is plenty of time to recover from a 4 week cycle of sd. (well SHOULD be, although everyone is different)
agree.