fina loss in filter???

pestis

pestis

Awards
Does anyone know how much (if any) fina is lost in the whatman filter during a conversion?? I have tried to find an answer to this for some time but have had no luck. anyone???

travbedaman

travbedaman

Awards
  • Established
I don`t know if any is truly lost or not...however from experience of using a whatman filtered Fina product vs. coffee filtered Fina product (many times each), I would certainly say the whatman filtered stuff was way weaker as the same mg/ml.

I`ve been making and using plain old coffee filtered Fina for quite some time and refuse to use it any other way.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I would say you might be a bit wrong on that.. the size of the molecule of tren would NOT be filtered out by a .22 or a .45 whatman.. just can't happen.. using just the coffee filter will run your risk of a nice infection though.. and if you would like I can post you some nice pictures of infections caused by injection of substances that were contaminated by normal skin bacteria

travbedaman

travbedaman

Awards
  • Established
I would say you might be a bit wrong on that.. the size of the molecule of tren would NOT be filtered out by a .22 or a .45 whatman.. just can't happen.. using just the coffee filter will run your risk of a nice infection though.. and if you would like I can post you some nice pictures of infections caused by injection of substances that were contaminated by normal skin bacteria

I`ve seen a few people over the years who have gotten abcesses from dirty stuff, so I know how gross it is...however I been making Tren this way for about 4 years and I think that the BA and sufficient heat is good enough to sterilize...I don`t advise anyone to make it this way, but it`s just my personal view. If I ever get an infection, then I`ll start using whatmans again.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
okay.. just wanted to warn you that you are cruising for a nice systemic infection...The grossness of the infections are the seen part of it, the unseen is the dead tissue that is left in the wake of one of these..

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I don't know where your getting that bro but the fact is most abcesses are not caused by bacteria, they are caused by particulates. most people don't seam to realize that sterile and clean are too differnt things. I have a short essay I did I will post if I can find it but the bottom line is that you don't sterilize your skin before injection, it would take several minutes for the alcohol to kill the bacterica, what you do is clean it. the same for the bottle tops and everthing else. dust is the number one culpret. Think of this as well, most people have the terrible habit of blowing on the place they just cleaned with alcohol to dry it. they have just contamanated it with as much if not more and more dangous bacteria then it had to start with. yet almost no one gets infections from this.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I am actually getting from the classes I teach on microbiology skye... there are two types of abcesses.. alcohol will not kill most bacteria that are found on the skin just move them around. If you really want to kill them use hydrogen peroxide. Your skin has two type of staph that normally live there and all it takes is a nice jab and away they go.. bottom line, not bacteria no infection, trust me on this one

Skin abcess link
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000863.htm

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Damn, skye beat me to the answer, again :lol:

And, I'll go ahead and add, alcohol does barely more than jack-**** to kill bacteria in the first place. ;)

The only reason I could think that tren would be filtered out of a fina soln is if the pellets weren't crushed well and lots of the tren was still in the pellet particles.

The tren molecule is a relatively small molecule. A single bacteria is made of many proteins, and proteins are often HUGE molecules. Smallest bacteria are usually 20um, so there is no way tren ace will get stuck in the filter, if its in solution to begin with. IF it clumbs up or is attached to particles, then it could easily get filtered out.

edit: looks like matthew d beat me, too :(

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... Your skin has two type of staph that normally live there and all it takes is a nice jab and away they go.. bottom line, not bacteria no infection, trust me on this one

Skin abcess link
Good info D. Strep ain't nothin' nice either. Necrotizing fasciitis has almost taken me out twice over the years. Always filter. With tren from pellets, double filter at a later date helps too, and always have a fast acting, broad spectrum antibiotic on hand!

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I am actually getting from the classes I teach on microbiology skye... there are two types of abcesses.. alcohol will not kill most bacteria that are found on the skin just move them around. If you really want to kill them use hydrogen peroxide. Your skin has two type of staph that normally live there and all it takes is a nice jab and away they go.. bottom line, not bacteria no infection, trust me on this one

Skin abcess link
well as most of my experance comes from vet work (just working, not a vet) I will take your word for it. But it was my understanding that it still takes a minute or two for everthing to die and most people do not wait that long (or this not the whole story here? the guy I worked with was a 67 year old man but he was very good)

Also your refering to the skin about bacteria induced abcesses does that hold for the injection solution as well? (that is what I was refering to and what I mean when I say "dirty gear") I had been taught that it was the usually the dust, dirt, or the like that contamanated the injections solutions. Also are you refering to infections or abcess specifically? I will be reading that link tomarrow

Also would you recomend the hydrogen proxide over povidine iodine? (that is what I normally use)

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Good info D. Strep ain't nothin' nice either. Necrotizing fasciitis has almost taken me out twice over the years. Always filter. With tren from pellets, double filter at a later date helps too, and always have a fast acting, broad spectrum antibiotic on hand!
Just use the crystal fina methoed.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Actually the iodide does very well.. I will see if I can compare those two in the lab when I get a chance and see which one kill more of off..

pestis

pestis

Awards
Awesome!!!! This is exactly the kind of discussion I was hoping for!! Thanks for the feedback guys. If you have more, keep it coming.

pestis

pestis

Awards
This question needs to be more specific; I can see some confusion arising in this thread due to ambiguity. Are you referring to the syringe filter when 'sterilizing' the final product, or are you referring to the filtration of the methyl cellulose binders from the fina pellets? Remeber, Whatman has a very large selection of many types of filters.
Any part of the process that involves a whatman filter. In particular, each time I use a partial vial that has been sitting around a few months I always refilter with a .45 just to be safe. I was just wondering how much fina would be lost each time filtering is done. Sounds like the answer is none...

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
This question needs to be more specific; I can see some confusion arising in this thread due to ambiguity. Are you referring to the syringe filter when 'sterilizing' the final product, or are you referring to the filtration of the methyl cellulose binders from the fina pellets? Remeber, Whatman has a very large selection of many types of filters.
I think he's talking about syringe filters, Klause. I've found that a Whatman 0.45 PTFE hydrophob or 0.7mic works great the first time, then run through a sterile Whatman 0.2 PTFE/GMF. Gelman's are sometimes faster but not as efficient it seems (makes sense). Heat sterilization can be avoided if you can follow the other rules I think (sterile final filter and at least 2% BA with the high% BB pres).

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... I was just wondering how much fina would be lost each time filtering is done. Sounds like the answer is none...
The loss is low, less than 1 ml is trapped in the filter, so even if you don't flush it, you lose less than 100mg with each filtration (assuming you cooked 100mg/ml concentration).

pestis

pestis

Awards
The loss is low, less than 1 ml is trapped in the filter, so even if you don't flush it, you lose less than 100mg with each filtration (assuming you cooked 100mg/ml concentration).
makes sense. thanks D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I figured out last night, you can just pull the syringe off, load it with air, and push all of the oil through without purging with oil :D

That's what I did anyway, haha. I didn't wanna screw up the concentration b/c it was a small batch, so I did that.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I figured out last night, you can just pull the syringe off, load it with air, and push all of the oil through without purging with oil :D

That's what I did anyway, haha. I didn't wanna screw up the concentration b/c it was a small batch, so I did that.
That's what I do too! Just be careful at the end to stop before you push the air all the way though into you stuff. A small amount of loss is OK.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That's what I do too! Just be careful at the end to stop before you push the air all the way though into you stuff. A small amount of loss is OK.
I have another "venting" needle in there anyway, so excess air was no biggy :D

daemonium

Awards

Skin abcess link
I'm brewing for a while and never got an infection.

Altough I changed my vials supplier, and I made two vials one of prop and another or tren ace! both of them have been double filtered (.45 and later .22) and the other day, i just, ocassionally put one of the vials trough the light and noticed that there were some small particules floating, and check the tren and it had them too altough they were doble filtered and went to baking one hour at 135ºC/275ºF.

I think it migh be dust that were on the vials, but they were supposedlly sterile when i bough them...
I've hunted them down, but I'm not very confident! I've tryed one a week ago of the bottles, and no problems but i dunno if i inject that particle!

Should I worry about this stuff?
sorry to hijack the thread, but since you guys were talking about infections...

pestis

pestis

Awards
I'm brewing for a while and never got an infection.

Altough I changed my vials supplier, and I made two vials one of prop and another or tren ace! both of them have been double filtered (.45 and later .22) and the other day, i just, ocassionally put one of the vials trough the light and noticed that there were some small particules floating, and check the tren and it had them too altough they were doble filtered and went to baking one hour at 135ºC/275ºF.

I think it migh be dust that were on the vials, but they were supposedlly sterile when i bough them...
I've hunted them down, but I'm not very confident! I've tryed one a week ago of the bottles, and no problems but i dunno if i inject that particle!

Should I worry about this stuff?
sorry to hijack the thread, but since you guys were talking about infections...
I've had particles in the vail that came from the rubber stopper breaking apart from the needle pushing through. I just pulled them out with an 18g.

daemonium

Awards
I've done another filtration... it solved the problem since I used another vials!