sd bad for cutting due to short cycles?

N

nattyHST

Awards
i am currently cutting (for the next 4 months). i have some sd, but am thinking it would be a poor choice to use while cutting.

i would think that it would work great while on cycle, but right you go off cycle muscle would melt away due to low test levels....right?

im thinking it would be better if i wait to use it for my next bulk rather than mid cut.

anyone agree/disagree?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
disagree

N

nattyHST

Awards
please elaborate.

how could a short 3 week cycle be good for cutting?

i would think only injectables would be good for cutting since you can run them longer.

do you still cut during pct? do you keep your calories just below maintance during the cut or should you drop them considerably since your anabolic anyhow?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Well, you didn't say 3 weeks in your opening post, but nevertheless an anabolic chemical will help preserve LBM while cutting.

I would think a low dose (10mg/day)SD cycle of 4-6 weeks would be fine. I have yet to see anyone post bloodwork that shows SD significantly cause elevated GGT. Lipid profile granted but you are going to get that with most AAS.

I would not drop them too much below maintenance, 250-500kcals should show good results. I also would not reduce my carbs below 40% of kcals if taking SD.

Actually a 3 month cut:
4 weeks Lean XT
4 weeks 10mg SD
4 weeks Rebound/activate

Sounds pretty good know that I think about it. I might do this myself for a summer cut.

B

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
throw some sesalean in there and that would be my ideal lean mass stack

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Just make sure to increase cals during PCT.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just make sure to increase cals during PCT.
Why would you do this? Your not trying to put on muscle per say while ur cutting, ur just trying to preserve it. Hes also not tryin to put fat back on so if i were him id keep cals right where they were while you were "on".

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Why would you do this? Your not trying to put on muscle per say while ur cutting, ur just trying to preserve it. Hes also not tryin to put fat back on so if i were him id keep cals right where they were while you were "on".
Tsk Tsk tsk, never cut during PCT. Body is already going through enough stress.

Increase Kcals to at least maintenance.

I would have rep'd ya BP for your post, but I got to spread it around first.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tsk Tsk tsk, never cut during PCT. Body is already going through enough stress.

Increase Kcals to at least maintenance.

I would have rep'd ya BP for your post, but I got to spread it around first.
Idk, i respect ur opinion but i dont see why you would run an anabolic then. If your just plan on putting on fat that you should be shedding during PCT then maybe but i doubt people who get ready for contests and shows up their cals during PCT. I could be wrong tho and thats just my opinion.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I think you are misreading the flow. The rec'd was to cut kcals below maintenance while on SD and then just bring them back up during PCT.

Who said anything about a plan to gain fat? I do not think that maintenance Kcals during PCT is a formula for fat gain.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Assuming we are talking about a cut cycle, your cals will be sub maintenance. During PCT your test levels will be in the crapper and your cortisol through the roof making for an extremely catabolic situation. Keep you cals where they were and say goodbye to your hard earned muscle.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think you are misreading the flow. The rec'd was to cut kcals below maintenance while on SD and then just bring them back up during PCT.

Who said anything about a plan to gain fat? I do not think that maintenance Kcals during PCT is a formula for fat gain.
Aaahhh touchee. I was going off the raising cals thing and misread it. My fault.

N

nattyHST

Awards
I would think a low dose (10mg/day)SD cycle of 4-6 weeks would be fine. I have yet to see anyone post bloodwork that shows SD significantly cause elevated GGT. Lipid profile granted but you are going to get that with most AAS.

I would not drop them too much below maintenance, 250-500kcals should show good results. I also would not reduce my carbs below 40% of kcals if taking SD.

Actually a 3 month cut:
4 weeks Lean XT
4 weeks 10mg SD
4 weeks Rebound/activate

Sounds pretty good know that I think about it. I might do this myself for a summer cut.
i have sd and rebound. what are lean xt and activate?

how long should one keep at maintenance cals? stop at the end of pct? couple weeks after pct?

also, i would think that the time at maintenance cals during pct would make it so it isnt worth it to do the cycle. it seems that it would be wiser to just go the natural way. wouldnt the results be similar in the end since you can cut slower (which would lose less lbm in the end) doing it the old fashioned way?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
i have sd and rebound. what are lean xt and activate?
Lean Xtreme made by Designer Supplements, has an anti-cortisol action. Activate also made by DS helps to free up Test by binding with SHBG.

how long should one keep at maintenance cals? stop at the end of pct? couple weeks after pct?
Depends on your plan, goals and starting point.

also, i would think that the time at maintenance cals during pct would make it so it isnt worth it to do the cycle. it seems that it would be wiser to just go the natural way. wouldnt the results be similar in the end since you can cut slower (which would lose less lbm in the end) doing it the old fashioned way
This all started with a question re: SD for a cut. There are many ways up the mountain, but the view at the top is the same. Sure you could cut out the SD and do it natty. There are quite a few options available to you. But I think AAS can be used for a cut successfully. Just have to be well thought out.

H

HARDtotheCORE

Awards
wouldnt phera plex be a better cutting compound? as you can run higher doses w/out inducing hypoglycemia?