sublingual 1-test.

Stavross

Stavross

Board Supporter
Awards
I recently got a few tubs of cherry flavour sublingual 1-test. i wonder if someone could help me on a couple of things.

1st, the directions say to put it under your tongue and let it disolve, makes sense, but then it says "or dissolve same amount in a beverage.
I thought that if you swallow 1-test it basically does nothing. Is this just a case of crappy instruction or am i wrong.

2nd, i'm thinking about 300mg e/d would be an ok dose. am i way off? I have only ever used dermabolics BIG1 as far as 1-t so not too sure on the dosing.

3rd, i was thinking of stacking it with ergomax lmg. would that be a good combo? Was going to use it for recomp/leanbulk.

Thanks, stavross.:burger:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
SOunds like it ought to be fun stuff.

1) What is it dosed at?

2) Sublingual will have a whole different absorbtion rate . How many doses/ mgs does it recommend?

3) I asume it means allow the 1-test to disolve in the liquid and swish the liquid. My guess. Allows you to control the flavor.

4) Ergo LMG would be a great choice. How much do you weigh? How many cycles have you done, of what?? I would start out at 20 mgs of ERGO LMG stacked with the 1-test.

Stavross

Stavross

Board Supporter
Awards
The tub says use half a scoop 3-5 times e/d which is 250mg of powder, this has 25mg of 1-t in it. i was thinking this wasnt much and probably go with 1 whole scoop (50mg 1-t)4x e/d.

cycle history is not much, 18 months ago i did a stupid cycle with net gains of nothing. i stacked 6-oxo, 19nor (dione) 1-ad and 1-test. no ancilary supps, piss poor diet and it all went crap side up. Got sick and lost all gains, sent cholesterol right out of whak and couldn't train for ages due to sicknes.

Now half way through cycle of MD2 (ergomax clone) with good diet and all the nesessaries. up 9lb as of thismorning to 205lb about 15% fat Possibly more lol. cycle is good so far, no sides even at 30mg e/d.

Thanks for the help.

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
I have taken sublingual 1-test before. It was complexed with hydroxypropyl-beta cyclodextrin. Here is some info on it

HPBCD Basics
By David Tolson

Introduction

One of the primary issues concerning steroids and prohormones is that of optimal delivery. While most drugs and supplements are taken orally, there are a number of reasons why this method is largely ineffective with most prohormones. When taken orally, these compounds are extensively metabolized in the liver, making the dose used much larger than the amount that gets through. This may also place undue stress on the liver, especially with certain substances. Because of this, other delivery methods, such as transdermal, sublingual, and intranasal, have all become popularized, and each has advantages and disadvantages. This article discusses the compound hydroxypropyl-beta cyclodextrin (HPBCD), which can be used to facilitate prohormone delivery in a number of ways.

Cyclodextrins are a group of compounds that are commonly used in medicine to increase the aqueous solubility of drug substances by complexation [1]. Cyclodextrins are cyclic oligosaccarides, or sugars, which contain alpha-1,4 linked glucopyranose units (in the case of beta-cyclodextrins, seven of these units) in a truncated cone shape [2]. This results in a molecule that has an internal cavity that is hydrophobic and easily forms a complex with a steroid/prohormone molecule, while the outer surface of the cyclodextrin is hydrophilic, and this makes the complex easily dissolvable in water [2-4]. This renders prohormones much more bioavailable, and cyclodextrins are capable of enhancing nasal, sublingual, and transdermal delivery [5-6], among others. Moreover, cyclodextrins will cause much less irritation than other methods [3, 7].

The cyclodextrin of choice for prohormone delivery is HPBCD. When compared to other testosterone beta-cyclodextrin complexes, HPBCD was 1,533 percent more soluble in water, while another study found that HPBCD-steroid complexes were effective while beta-cyclodextrin-steroid complexes were not [4]. HPBCD also has an excellent safety profile.

Sublingual delivery

Sublingual delivery (administered under the tongue) presents an attractive alternative to traditional oral administration. Because of the limited surface area, the amount of prohormone that can be absorbed at one time appears to be 25 milligrams or less. However, when compared to oral delivery, even this amount is advantageous. One study found that a cyclodextrin complex containing 10 mg of testosterone delivered sublingually raised testosterone levels by 900% over baseline, with a 485% elevation at the two hour point. In contrast, even 200 mg of oral testosterone only raises levels by around 500% at the peak. A study comparing oral and cyclodextrin complexed 4-androstenediol also found that the sublingual version lead to a 261% greater increase in testosterone with one quarter of the dose, with the peak levels at 40 as opposed to 90 minutes. [4]

All in all, sublingual delivery is much more effective than oral for the amount used, but it does require more frequent dosing. Sublingual prohormones are usually taken 3-5 times daily.

Intranasal delivery

Intranasal delivery takes the trend of sublingual delivery even further. It is doubtful that more than 20 mg at a time will be absorbed using this method, and blood levels quickly spike 15 minutes after delivery and then dissipate to baseline by 90 minutes. Running a cycle using this method is impractical, as one has to dose up to 10 times daily. However, bioavailability is further increased – intranasal delivery has the highest bioavailability of all prohormone delivery methods, short of injection [7]. Additionally, intranasal delivery provides the most direct route to the brain [6, 7]. For these reasons, this method has become popular for pre-workout stimulant purposes. Many people report increased workout intensity from intranasal prohormones. DHT precursors are best suited to this purpose, although some other prohormones may make effective pre-workout stimulants as well.

Conclusion

HPBCD complexes can allow for a number of novel effective prohormone delivery methods. Each one has unique advantages and disadvantages.

Supposedly it gives a good spike around 1 to 2 hours. I thought it gave me a great preworkout boost.

Last edited:
motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I might encourage you to take a small dose as many times a day as you can ie 6-8. The more stable you can keep it in your system the more benefit you will recieve from it. Your mouth area can only absorb so much, I'd go with more doses with what sounds like the normal (smaller) dose. Best of luck,
motiv8er

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
300mg is a pretty high dose sublingual. 400mg transdermal would only yield <120mg.I would start at 150-200 personally as you will get a much higher % into your system than with transdermal. Deff keep the dose at 25mg spread throughout the day. You may consider stacking with some test or 4AD as 1T can destroy libido and cause lethargy. I don't know anything about ergomax, but I doubt it will help combat the sides caused from low test/estrogen.

Stavross

Stavross

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanks for all that guys. very helpfull.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
25mg is the MAX that can be absorbed sublingually

Dont eat or drink anything for 15 mins before and try to shoot for at least 10mins after for optimal absorbtion

there is no ester so you can only really depend on it being active in useable ranges for 3 hours. dose accordingly

Stavross

Stavross

Board Supporter
Awards
Sounds like a real lot of hassle to me. I don't think i would be able to do it every three hours with my job. it would be very hard for me to get a "quiet 5 minutes" every three hours to take it.

Would there be any benefit in taking a couple of doses, say, 10 minutes apart about half an hour befor my workouts, just on workout days?