Another SD cyle

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok... i started my SD cycle monday and for me today is wednesday. i have loaded on the following supplements for 3 weeks:

Hawthorne berry
red yeast rice
co q-10
flax seed oil
policosonal
milk thistle
multi vitamin
taurine ( Haven't taken any just have in caseof back pumps)

currently i am taking 10 mg of sd a day about an hr before i work out. i think i might bump it up to 20 mg friday. today is my rest day so thursday i will see if it is Kicking in yet ,if not im going to 20 mg. my work out so far this week has been:

mon- back/bi's
tuesday- chest
wednesday-off

i am trying to work each body part twice a gain doing 3 warm up sets and 9 heavy sets for each body part so it will look something like this:

bicep straight bar- 10x65 6x75 6x75 5x85
bicep preacher curl 10x60 6x70 6x70 4x 80
standing cable curls- 10x30 6x40 6x40 5x50

Then i'll do the same set up for the rest of my exercises.
every tuesday and thursday i also run between 3-5 miles not by choice though.

my stats are 5'10", 21 yrs old, 165 lbs, 13% bf, 2 yrs lifting expeirence

my nutrition is usually the same thing everyday:

0730 scrambled eggs (not sure how many I eat at a chow hall) maybe like equal to 5 eggs, ham, hash browns, 8 oz milk

1000 1 cup oatmeal, protein shake

1230 2 chicken breats with chille (for flavor don't really eat the chille except for the beans) and rice or pastsa, 8 oz milk

1500 1 bowl of go lean crunch, peanut butter sandwhich

1730 varies I try to get some chicken or some beef with some vegtables and rice or mashed potatoes, 8 oz milk

2100 protein shake

i am taking in between 3500-4000 calories a day i cant get the exact number because like i said i eat at a chow hall, its hard to get the exact servings. And i'm drinking over a gallon of water a day.

For my PCT:
nolvadex
retain
rebound xt
cee
all the vitamins

hopefully i'll see some good gains if you guys have any advice it would be appreciated if you post it. i'll try my best to keep the log up to date.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
what do you do for chest (just curious..)

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
for i chest i do flat bench 135x10 185x6 185x6 195x4
dumb bells i do 50x10 75x6 75x6 80x4
icline is bb 115x10 135x6 135x6 155x4 db 40x10 65x6 65x6 70x4
decline is the same as flat bench and then usually do flies at the end of my workout, i work chest the hardest i so 12 sets but then add in like 4-6 sets of diffrent flies

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i'm counting at least 20 sets for chest including the decline and not including the flies at the end. it's safe to say that's a tad too much.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i'm counting at least 20 sets for chest including the decline and not including the flies at the end. it's safe to say that's a tad too much.
my mistake for chest i do either flat bench bb or db not both so its actually 12 sets then about 4-6 sets including flies it is still a little much, should i just do 1 warm of set and do 2 heavy sets then? what do you do for your chest work out?

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i haven'd done them this week yet i'll probably do them on friday, i ran 5 miles today so i might hold out until saturday. today is triceps and shoulders. hopefully the sd will kick in today.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
did shoulders and triceps today

db shoulder press: 35x10 55x6 55x6 60x5
incline raises: 30x10 45x6 50x4 45x6
lateral raises (machine) 80x10 125x6 125x6 130x5

overhead tricep extension: 45x10 65x6 65x6 65x6
overhead cable extension: 80x10 100x6 100x6 110x5
tricep extension machine: 50x10 75x6 75x6 80x5

I bumped my dosage up to 20 mg, 10 in the morning with breakfast and 10 with dinner about 2 hrs before i workout. i havent felt anyhting yet hopefully i will by saturday if not then monday. if you guys see anyhting thats off please let me know. tomorrow i'll be doing traps and bi's if my legs still feel shitty.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
looks to me that your middle sets would take too much energy out of you before you hit the big set. example:
db shoulder press: 35x10 55x6 55x6 60x5

the difference between 55 and 60 is hardly noticeable so it's kinda like you did 3 heavy sets on this exercise. IMO, i would do a couple sets of 35's, then go straight to 60's. same concept applies to all of your movements. once you're warmed up, go for the biggie and quit screwing around with the middle sets. JMO.

and if this feels uncomfortable making such a huge jump, do the middle sets but only a rep or two. like on squats for instance, my routine would go as follows:
(2) 135 x 10
(2) 225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 2
495 x 6

done. no need to to tire yourself out too early.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that looks good to me, i was actually going to ask if i was just wasting sets by starting with a warm up for every exercise, so what i'll do is 2 warm up sets and do 9 heavy sets for each body part. thanks for the info.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
9 heavy sets for each bodypart? bro, if you were hitting it hard and heavy, you won't last for 9 sets. 2-3 tops IMO.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i'm trying to do a workout plan similar to the max ot, so i figured i'd do a couple warm up sets and do 9 sets at a weight that i could put up 4-6 times . yesterday doing triceps and shoulders I held up pretty good.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
well hey, don't fix what ain't broke. if you notice a lack of gains in the future, might try lowering the volume a tad and see how you do. JMO, take it for what it's worth.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i actually just changed my routine last week, before i was doing 16-20 sets working out each bodypart once a week i was doing this for about 6 months and wasn't getting anywhere i would get sore but wouldn't get bigger or stronger so i said screw it, last week i cut the sets in half and i'm working out 2 bodyparts a workout instead of just 1. hopefully this will do the trick along with the SD i'm taking. if this dosent work then i'll up the weight and do less sets. thanks for the advice:thumbsup:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
no problem bro. how's guam this time of year? i was there for about a week in march 04. never partied so hard in my entire life.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guams alright, its pouring out right now, monsoon season sucks. I partied pretty hard when i got here too for like the first 5 months then me and 2 of my friends got into a brawl with some of the locals, they dont know how to fight one on one. after that the partying died down i'm just trying to finish out my 4 yrs and get back to ny 11 months to go.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
lol, i remember that crazy ass rain. you could be completely dry and 30ft away your buddy is getting soaked. then it was just stop completely. thought someone had sprayed me with a hose the first time it happened. 5 second downpour.....then...nothing. went to couple clubs, viking and g-spot. cool place but wouldn't want to live there.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
g-spot just became off limit for military a few weeks ago, the viking is still a go. i can't wait to get off the island the first 6 months were cool after that everything got played out. when i first got here i couldn't believe the strips clubs, at home you can't even think about touching the girls, here they take you on stage and strip u naked, i dated this one stripper she was 18 at the time i watched her do some of the craziest **** i have ever seen she would pull dudes wives on stage and do some crazy **** i'm sure you know what im talking about..i have had some good times but i'm definitely ready to leave

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i worked out back monday and my back seems like its getting sorer each day usually it would be sore for like 2 days but its been 4, my traps are really sore and i havent worked them out yet i was going to do that today is this the back pumps that veryone is talking about while on sd?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
back pumps, for me, were horrible on SD. damn near equivalent to dbol.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah i think im going to start taking taurine now.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
day 5
i had a pretty good workout today i think i might be starting to feel the sd finally kick in.

traps
shrugs: bb 135x10 225x8 ss5x8 225x8
db 100x8 110x6 110x6 110x6

back
row/rear delt machine: 100x10 137.5x6 150x6 150x5
lateral pulldowns reverse grip: 137.5x6 162.5x6 175x5

biceps
incline db curl: 35x6 35x6 35x5
bicep curl machine 75x7 80x6 90x6

today was day 5 i felt i could lift a little more than usual not much but i had a good pump goping and y focus was pretty good. i definitely feel the back pumps i took 1g i don't think that was enough so im going to try 3g. tomorrow is legs and chest that will be my last workout for the week

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
day 6
did chest and legs today pretty good work out i felt the sd kick in a lttle bit, the back pumps are getting lesser besides that i see no sides.

chest

bb flat bench 135x10 175x6 185x6 185x5
bb incline bench 135x6 155x6 165x6

legs

squats/ smith machine
135x10 185x6 205x6 225x5
leg raise machine 155x10 170x6 170x6
leg curl machine 80x6 90x6 100x5

i felt a little stronger today and better focus, i havent felt any crazy pumps that everyone is talking about, i'm lookimng foward to next week cause from what i've read thats when it really kicks in... we'll see... tomorrow is a rest day.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
day 8
worked out shoulders/triceps/and abs today

shoulders

front db shoulder raises 15x10 25x6 25x6 30x4
shoulder press machine 185x8 200x6 210x6
military press smith machine 135x6 145x6 155x5

triceps

i'm not sure of the name of this exercise but u lie down on a bench and have the weight on a curl bar and do almost like skull crushers but put the weight behind your head almost touching the floor then bring it back uo to the starting position. 35x10 65x6 75x6 75x5
tricep press downs 110x6 120x6 130x4
tricep extension machine 87.5 x7 92.5x6 100x5

abs

5 sets on the ab crunch machine set at 100

my workout was pretty good today i still dont feel the pumps that everyone is talking about but my stength was definitely up espacially on the shoulder press machine. i'm up to 168 so gained 3 lbs in the first week. back/bi's/traps tomorrow.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
quick question i've been taking 10 mg in the morning like 30 minutes before breakfast at 0700 and then the other 10 mg at 1730 with dinner. i also take my vitamins at the same time should i take it at a diffrent time? also i'm thinking about taking it with 500 ml of grapefruit juice is this a good idea?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
You would have to take the grapefruit juice an hour or so before the SD. I would not bother, the effect is usually on chemicals that have low bioavailabilty.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
did back and bi's tonight weight is still at 168, work out was ok... i think that i'm expecting too much out of SD i definitley went up a little in strength but nothing crazy, we'll see how the week goes.. if my stength dosent improve much by the end of this week then im going to bump it to 30 mgs in the 3rd week i might be one of those people that need higher doses or just someone that dosent respond well to SD we'll see though/.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
did back and bi's tonight weight is still at 168, work out was ok... i think that i'm expecting too much out of SD i definitley went up a little in strength but nothing crazy, we'll see how the week goes.. if my stength dosent improve much by the end of this week then im going to bump it to 30 mgs in the 3rd week i might be one of those people that need higher doses or just someone that dosent respond well to SD we'll see though/.
Yep, I agree. You are definitely expecting too much from SD. At 165lbs I wouldn't even think about going up to 30mg.

What kind of strength gains were you expecting in 1 week?

Half the bullshit you read about riduculous strength gains in a 2-3 week time frame is most likely due to the individual's focus/intensity or the boost in confidence from the chemical which allows them to attempt to lift more than they would then when "off".

edit: how long do you plan to run this?

Smoky

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My experience has shown that SD also has a cumulative effect as well. I would advise only increasing after giving it ample time to show you how you are responding. I agree that there is a mental factor involved here as well. I am ON so there fore I am stronger, so intensity levels rise via placebo effect. I make note of the increased rep power more so, instead of going for max lifts. One must be careful not to exceed the connective tissues while SD enhances muscle only. More of an issue with age I believe as well. There are other ways to address these issues as well but that is beyond the scope of this current topic IMO. :run:

I would experiment with your diet as well. I have also found a SD cycle to be very closely tied to caloric intake types and amounts. All effecting appetite, stamina, strength, and lethargy.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Y
What kind of strength gains were you expecting in 1 week?

edit: how long do you plan to run this?
I don't really know what i was expecting to be honest, like i said i went up a little in strength but people on here are saying how they gained lie 6 lbs the first week and i gained half that, i'm more concerned with bulk then strength. i don't know its only day 10 now so we'll see what happens.

i plan on running the cyle for 4 weeks but if i don't see any significant weight gain then im going to stop it at week 3 and start my pct and pick up some phera plex and see how that works about 6 weeks after my pct.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
More than half the people taking SD are completely clueless. 6 lbs of what in a week? Absolutely, positively not LBM. Take advantage of the glycogen storage and go all out in your routine. Always ask yourself "Is it true I cannot do another rep?" Don't buy into the hype.

All this thinking of chemicals, other people's gains, future cycles are detracting you from your purpose at the moment.

I would rec'd finishing your 3rd week @ 20mg/day and continue your 4th @ 10mg/day. Weeks 3 to 4 are where you see most of the SD gains. at least that was my experience.

peace

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
im sure the weight that i gained was alot of water, i know if definitely wasn't LBM, my goal was to gain 10lbs lbm throughout the whole 4 weeks, but i'll be happy with 8. I researched SD for about 2 months before i took it so i didn't just jump into it not knowing anything about it. i don't think theres anything out there that will give you 6lbs of LBM in 1 week if theres is let me know what it is.;)

johnny21
I would rec'd finishing your 3rd week @ 20mg/day and continue your 4th @ 10mg/day.

why would i drop the dosage? did u mean to say to just keep it at 20mg/day?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Nope, I wrote it correctly. My experience and that of a few I know has been that SD has a lingering effect. I had good results with a 3 week cycle. Started @ 20 finished @ 10 and had good results thru week 4.

I would have rec'd dropping your dose in week 3 but I got the sense that wouldn't happen since you were already considering upping your dose.

I like the minimum when it comes to adding chemicals to my body. JMO

edit: by the way 8 is a reasonable goal. but don't re-eval your kcals needs using the full 8 if that is what you gain.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Gotcha, that makes sense. your right i will up my dose in week 3 but if nothing happens i will lower it the last week to 10 mgs then do my pct. thanks for the info:thumbsup:

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Nahh Bro, keep it @ the 20mg. If you are seeing gains @ that dose why increase? With higher doses comes greater chance for sides and better gains are not guaranteed at higher doses.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this is true, we'll see what happens. remember i'm only 21, us youngins hate to listen to older more expierenced people:icon_lol:

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
rest day yesterday

day 11
chest and traps today

today was a pretty good workout, I hit 195x5 today which is a new record for me. traps where good too. my weight is at 169.5 so i'm up almost 5 lbs in 11 days. my muscles are looking a little fuller and are harder so i'm happy about that. no serious sides the back pumps went away afer like the 4th day which is weird cause i got them like right away usually people get them later in the cycle. i got some really bad shin splins so i won't do legs till saturday. i've been running 3 times a week so i'll probably just work out legs once a week cause the running is killing my shins.well i'm hoping to gain 6 more lbs in the next 17 days which i think is definitely doable. tomorrow will be shoulders and triceps.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
day 12

shoulders and triceps

pretty good workout strength still good i'm not weighing myself everyday cause my weight fluctuates too much so i'll weigh myself monday's and saturday's. back is breaking out a little bit and my traps are really sore more than usual so i'll take some taurine. tomorrow is back/bi's/legs

THETEST

Awards
  • Established
Here is a chest workout for you to try. I use 3 exercises - incline Press, incline fly, and cable cross overs or BB Incline press with wide grip. I switch up the BB and cable cross overs each workout. Sometimes I go for reps, other times heavy. Here is a typical workout.

1 warm up DB incline press 40s for 15
then I do triple drop sets starting heavy as I can
90s for 9, 40s for 9, 20s for 9 no rest between drops
1-2 min rest between sets,
the last 3 sets are
75s for 6-8, 35s, 20s
Between sets squeeze the chest by crossing arms in front of you with them fully extended.
For the flys, twist at top to hit pinky to pinky - straight sets or drop sets - 8-12 reps
3-4 sets
Now for the BB I will mix it up - the other night I used 50lbs on the smith mach for 8 sets of 20-30 reps, I ended up droping to 20lbs on the BB with a very wide grip to hit a different area of the pec. I was shooting for 100 reps but couldn't do it. Next time I will start with the BB and rotate the order of the exercises and the machine used. Good luck

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
day 13

back/bi's/legs

today was a great workout. the one thing that sucked was doing legs today, i hate doing legs but u gotta do em. I went up in strength on every exercise by either 5 or 10 lbs. i was surprised when i did legs i had alot more stemgth than usual i did 225 on the smith machine for squats like 7 times and leg curls i did 90 8 times. i finnaly felt the pump that eberyone is talking about my arms felt like they were going to explode. they were very similar to the pumps i got off no-xplode. so i was very pleased with the results i had today. tomorrow is a rest day. i didnt weight myself today i'll probably do it monday or tuesday.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
THETEST

That sound like a crazy workout. i just changed mine up when i started this cycle but i think i might try your workout once i'm done with my pct. your chest must be mad sore for like 3 days. i love when my chest hurts like that cause you know u got a real good workout in. thanks for the routine i'll let you know when i decide to try it:cheers:

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
worked out chest and traps today

today was a pretty crazy workout. i threw up 90 lb dumbells 6 times on flat bench today i seen people like 30 lbs more then me looking at me and my buddy like:wtf: it definitely felt good to throw up that much weight. my weight went down a pound which was wack so in 16 days i only gained 4 lbs i was really going for mass too oh well. tomorrow is shoulders/triceps/abs.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
lol, just got done saying this on another thread. **** the scale, it doesn't mean dick if you're losing fat and gaining muscle, **** might not even budge. if you're gaining strength, which you are, the scale should be the last of your concerns. use a measuring tape or a mirror instead.

Smoky

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stick with it man. The gains are coming, you are just looking in all the wrong places. Do a body fat reading then calculate your lean body mass. I personaly wouldnt worry about it. Do the program, run the course and by the end of the third week you will see it right along with everyone else, as long as your diet and such is in place.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah man u guys are right, **** the scale i definitely see my body transforming a little bit i look more lean, which is always good, im just going to eat a little bit more and work out harder.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
worked out shoulders and triceps

work out was pretty good strength increased a little bit. i got my bp checked yesterday it was a little high 145/70.i've been taking all the right supplements. hopefully it dosent get any higher. tomorrow is a rest day.

edale3

Awards
hey joey, great post, keep the results comming, i am thinking about a sd run in a month, this is very informative.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
worked out back/bi's today

my back workout was ok today didnt go up in strength but its all good still up like 30 lbs in weight from when i forst started on certain exercises. bi's was a pretty good workout. the pumps were insane today it was hard taking a shower to wash my face it was like when i first started working out your body gets really good pumps thats how today was i was loving it but it almost hurt. so far so good i gave in and weighed myself today which was a good thing because im back to 170. i've been eating another 500-600 more calories a day for the past couple days. today i ate a good 4500 calories i was just hurgry aftre like an hour after every meal. i'm just gonna eat alot and lift. tommorow is chest/traps/legs. looking foward to what tomorrow brings. late...