Clomid vs Nolva for post cycle...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ive done a lot of reading and searching, so I hope Im not posting something thats been discussed a trillion times...

Most people seem to go with liquid clomid post cycle. Although, from everything Ive read, nolva is superior to clomid for post cycle recovery. Is clomid more popular just because its cheaper?

BigVrunga

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I believe personally that is one of the reasons. The other is the interia of users to use something that is new. Mainly, it is the "It ain't broken, so why fix it" attitude. Which is hard to change with a lot of people.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, price seems to be an issue, and just haveing the old school way of thinking like Matt said above. Everything I've read points towards nolva as being the better choice, but I think the fact that clomid is cheaper and will do the job is the key there. If gyno symptoms show up , then there's no doubt 20mg of nolva/day is the way to go. My opinion anyway.

BTW Someone should do a comparison of post cycle therapy options, OTC or meds ;) If I get off my lazy ass I'll get on it. :D

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's what I was thinking MatthewD. Most people seem to think that Nolva is best use while on cycle, and clomid while off. All the research Ive read points to Nolva as being superior to Clomid in both respects...

BigVrunga

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Bump nolva. If you like being a whimpering, emotional pussy, clomid is the way.:D

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I did some more searching for articles that support this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8299802&dopt=Abstract

This link applies to women...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10471898&dopt=Abstract

An article describing how Nolva is preferred over Clomid for bringing back the HPTA...
http://www.basskilleronline.com/nolvadex_vs_clomid.html

BigCat's article on Nolva and Clomid, in which he also prefers Nolva to Clomid post cycle...
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catnolv.htm

Nolva is also reported to lower cholesterol, which might be particularly helpful after a cycle...(I dont know if 1test/4AD rasies cholesterol levels, though)

BigVrunga

elijah_123

Awards
I must say the price deciding factor for me. At least this time being my first cycle of anything that needs post cycle therapy, and the gyno wasn't a big issue this time 1-test/4-ad. Depending of how moody it makes me will be a big issue, I don't want to turn into the emotional woman :)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Nolva is only $15 more than clomid, and if you use it at 20mg/day post cycle, you'd still have half the nolva left over.

I dont want to be an emotional woman either.:)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
ive been using 20-30mg of nolvadex in tab form and a post cycle for a month lenght will only be costing me 19 bucks. am very happy with my post cycling. (also a bit of tribulus added in) Sage

elijah_123

Awards
Yep it is only $15 but on my poor budget thats like a weeks worth of chicken patties from walmart :)

WHen I do a cycle that may cause gyno the nolva will be a definate but with this one the only concern was restarting the hpta.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I am going to stack the nolva with 6-oxo for post cycle...

T-Bar

Awards
I went with the Nolva as well. 40.00 is still cheaper than 2 bottles of 6 oxo. Does this stuff taste as bad as liquid clomid? I'm thinking of ordering the capsules to put it in, but everytime I get something like this in the mail my wife freaks out. Maybe I can find them for sale somewhere local...

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
definetely will get you through your post cycle strong. Sage
I hope so...I am not going to do two consecutive cycles, just one 5- weeker. I want to keep it ALL!:)

BigVrunga

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I went with the Nolva as well. 40.00 is still cheaper than 2 bottles of 6 oxo. Does this stuff taste as bad as liquid clomid? I'm thinking of ordering the capsules to put it in, but everytime I get something like this in the mail my wife freaks out. Maybe I can find them for sale somewhere local...
just get a blunt-tipped syringe and squirt it down your throat.. seems to be what everyone is doing.. i just bought one ;)..

metacat

Awards
How long should your post last? I guess what I'm trying to say is how long should you take 6-oxo or nolva or clomid after your cycle.
I have a bottle of 6-oxo for post cycle and am planning on getting some liquid nolva. Will one bottle of each be enough?
Thanks.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, one of each should be plenty.
Take 6-oxo 6 caps a day for the 1st two weeks, then 3 caps a day for the next two weeks.
Take Nolva at 20mg a day for the full 4 weeks.

BigV

metacat

Awards
Should you take all 6 caps of 6-oxo at once or 3 in the am and 3 in the pm.
Also by my calculations that is 126 caps of 6-oxo. Do they it come in 120 cap bottles. I could only find 60cap bottles so I ordered one.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Should you take all 6 caps of 6-oxo at once or 3 in the am and 3 in the pm.
Also by my calculations that is 126 caps of 6-oxo. Do they it come in 120 cap bottles. I could only find 60cap bottles so I ordered one.
you would have to get 2 bottles (only comes in the 60cap). Also, spread out the dosage throughout the day. 3 am and 3 pm is fine. So would splitting up 2 caps morning, afternoon, evening. Sage

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Can you skimp and go with one bottle of 6-oxo if you stack it with Nolva?

BigVrunga

metacat

Awards
Good question BigVrunga, I was thinking about that also.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Can you skimp and go with one bottle of 6-oxo if you stack it with Nolva?

BigVrunga
absolutely. of course the heavier the cyle, the more you would need for post cycle however if you were to use nolvadex and 6oxo together, i would say 300mg stacked with 20mg/day down to 10mg (tablets) would do you fine. Sage

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply sage - Im on a 4week cycle of T1 at 5 squirts a day. (200mg 1test/400 mg 4AD). This is just 44mg of 1test over the 'moderate' dosage...

Is the nolva to be used at 20mg/day for 2 weeks then 10mg/day for the last 2 weeks?

Thanks,
BigVrunga

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
that would be fine. Ive used nolva only (w/ a little tribulus and eca combo) and tailed off from 40mg of nolva the first week, into 20 the rest of the way for 3-4 weeks. I would venture to say that you could get away with only a week of the higher does along with your 6oxo and drop back after 7-10 days. Are you applying 3 squirts in the evening and 2 squirts in the morning? If so, continue it. Sage

JWest0926

Awards
Are you all taking any Nolva or 6-oxo during the cycle, or only post cycle... I have not experienced gyno in previous ph cycles, but dont want to take any chances...

Jay Mc

Awards
Are you all taking any Nolva or 6-oxo during the cycle, or only post cycle... I have not experienced gyno in previous ph cycles, but dont want to take any chances...
Or what about formasin, I thought somebody said they liked that. If I were to do a cycle I think I might try formasin daily to keep the bloat down and insure no e problems...

J

Lgoosey

Awards
Also, spread out the dosage throughout the day. 3 am and 3 pm is fine. So would splitting up 2 caps morning, afternoon, evening. Sage
I would not split up the 6 caps of 6-oxo . The enzyme needs only to be destroyed once per day. A higher dosage all at once will ensure this more effectively.

Dio

Awards

I would not split up the 6 caps of 6-oxo . The enzyme needs only to be destroyed once per day. A higher dosage all at once will ensure this more effectively.
Bump. PA recommends taking it all at night with food

PoolMan

Awards
Thanks for posting that Lgoosey! I could have swore PA saying to take them all at once at dinner.

2cAnnons

Awards
Thanks for the reply sage - Im on a 4week cycle of T1 at 5 squirts a day. (200mg 1test/400 mg 4AD). This is just 44mg of 1test over the 'moderate' dosage...

Is the nolva to be used at 20mg/day for 2 weeks then 10mg/day for the last 2 weeks?

Thanks,
BigVrunga
I think sage is saing go down to 10mg if you are useing nolva in tab form and not that from lq soultions. why not 20mg for three weeks? sage you disagree?

Lgoosey

Awards
Thanks for posting that Lgoosey! I could have swore PA saying to take them all at once at dinner.
No problem,

BTW PA claims that the results from his study regarding 6-oxo effectiveness are very promising indeed.

metacat

Awards
What dosage of nova should I use for post cycle. I did a search but all I found were posts regarding milligrams and I would think that would be for tabs. I have a liquid medicine dropper that is in ml.'s that I plan to use for the nolva.
My post cylce is 6-oxo (2 bottles), liquid nolva, flax oil, ZMA, keep the cals up for a couple of weeks, and stick to my routine that I have been on.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
What dosage of nova should I use for post cycle. I did a search but all I found were posts regarding milligrams and I would think that would be for tabs. I have a liquid medicine dropper that is in ml.'s that I plan to use for the nolva.
My post cylce is 6-oxo (2 bottles), liquid nolva, flax oil, ZMA, keep the cals up for a couple of weeks, and stick to my routine that I have been on.
one bottle of liquid-nolva should last you one post cylce. most out there contains a total of 1000mg of tamoxifen citrate (around 20mg/mL concentration in a 50mL bottle). 2 mL/day (40mgs) would be a good dose. Sage

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
So - with Nolva/6-oxo post...

It should be 40mg/nolva per day?

BigV

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
So - with Nolva/6-oxo post...

It should be 40mg/nolva per day?

BigV
you really only need one. 600mg/day 6oxo to start, tailing down to 400mg/day or 40-50mg/day nolvadex (thats 2mL) tailing down to 25-30mg/day would do the trick. If you have both and want to use the two together, 300-400mg/day 6oxo + 20-25mg/day nolva would work. Its not that hard BigV (;) ) Sage

metacat

Awards
Thanks sage I got it now.
I'll use 400mg/day of 6 oxo and 2ml/day of liquid nolva untill both are gone.
Sage, it's sounds like ,by reading your post above, that one bottle of 6oxo will be enough for post cycle as long as I'm also using liquid nolva. I've been on a 6wk moderate dosage cycle.
And I also want to say thanks sage for all your help on this subject.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Thanks sage I got it now.
I'll use 400mg/day of 6 oxo and 2ml/day of liquid nolva untill both are gone.
Sage, it's sounds like ,by reading your post above, that one bottle of 6oxo will be enough for post cycle as long as I'm also using liquid nolva. I've been on a 6wk moderate dosage cycle.
And I also want to say thanks sage for all your help on this subject.
here to help brah. and you right MC, with the use of both anti-est, you will be done with the 6oxo after 15 days (thats if you dont tail off to a lower dosage towards the later weeks of post). you'll be running the liquid nolva (assuming thats what you're using, and not tabs) will last you 25 days. That will be just fine to run 6oxo along side of nolvadex for the inital 2 weeks plus, and run nolva alone for the remaining. Sage

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That will be just fine to run 6oxo along side of nolvadex for the inital 2 weeks plus, and run nolva alone for the remaining. Sage
Here's what Im planning on doing:

6-oxo at 6 tabs/day for 2 weeks
Nolva at 20mg/day for 4 weeks

This way I will have a little less than 1/2 the vial of liqua-nolva left, I have 3/4 of a bottle of T1 left too. Another bottle of 6-oxo and I will have a 3week T1 cycle and enough for a solid post-cycle later on.

BigV

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to ask, can one get away with running 20mg a day of (Nolva only), post cycle for 25 days? (I would be running a 4wk cycle of 1-test and 4ad). This way one vial would be good for two post cycle recoverys. In the clomid/ nolva article, it mentions nolva to be run at 20-40mg a day.......just trying to get the most bang for my buck.........or I could always go with the clomid.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I would run the nolva at 40mg/day for the 1st week or two, then taper off to 20mg/day.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
It should be mentioned that while nolva may be the better choice by itself post cycle, clomid may be the better choice if combined with letrozole. Reports are that letrozole may decrease the effectiveness of nova by as much as 30%. Thus clomid + letrozole will probably be superior to nova by itself and may even be more effective than nova + letrozole.

2gcorey

Awards
  • Established
i've heard people stack nolva with 6-oxo and its a strong recovery, but what about clomid and 6-oxo? would that be okay to put together during a recovery?

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by 2gcorey
i've heard people stack nolva with 6-oxo and its a strong recovery, but what about clomid and 6-oxo? would that be okay to put together during a recovery?

bumping for a response.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I would say yes to the clomid/6-oxo for post. Nolva and clomid both work the same way - they block estrogen receptor sites. 6-oxo is an Aromatase inhibitor. (it stops testosterone from being converted into estrogen).

I stacked Nolva with 6-OXO after 4 week T1 cycle and had an awesome recovery. The second week of recovery was rough, but after that, kept making gains as if I was on cycle! It was amazing. (gains in strength, not so much in muscle mass...) I was on 20mgNolva/day for 4 weeks and 6 6-OXO/day for the first week, and then 3 6-OXO a day until it ran out.

I am planning on one more T1 cycle I will do the same post-cycle medication. You might want to consider 40/mg Nolva for the first week or so, or even substituting the 6-OXO with Arima-dex.

Also - another vital tip for a good post cycle recovery is to UP THOSE CALORIES when you see the weight starting to drop...just up the clean carbs and back off the protien a little because you wont be able to use as much without the androgen in your system. (I used a 40-40-20 (p-c-f)ratio while on cycle and 30-45-25 while in recovery - the extra fats came from flax oil/seed and the extra carbs from brown rice and oatmeal.)

Hope that helped...

BigV

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I use Nolva, despite the price. I have never tried Clomid, but many people experience acne from it. I have problems with acne on-cycle, so I use Nolva. I used Nolve the 1st time, & got no acne, so I've stuck with it. It's only 10 bucks more anyway.