Liver symptoms post cycle?

feelingfizzy

feelingfizzy

Awards
hiya I recently finfished a 3 wk superdrol cycle and have 7 days left of pct. I have this mild sensation on my right side abdominal area just above my oblique. I do not know what to do. Am running 1000mg milk thisltle as well as ALA. Ive been told that serious liver problems include yellow skin etc but read that many problems associated with the liver do not have such signs. Should I see doctor?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are too many things that a pain above the oblique on your right side could be. If you saw a doctor he would do bloodwork to check to see if you have a liver problem. This is also what you should have done before you cycled. So, yes, if you have not had bloodwork done before cycle you should certainly get some done after cycle. It is unlikely that you have a liver problem as your liver does not hurt when you have hepatic issues, unless of course it is falling out.;)

Either way...bloodwork on your own or from a doctor script.

To easy your anxiety, many many users report intestinal disturbances using SD.

EDIT: WOW that was my 1000th post and I used it on you...you are welcome :)

You are going to be just fine...but get bloodwork and a doctor visit.

DobermanXXL

Awards
Get some blood work, but I don't believe a 3wk SD cycle would be enough to cause liver pain but everyone is different and I don't know your lifestyle or history. Might wanna get some labs just to be sure

feelingfizzy

feelingfizzy

Awards
yea ive been told that the liver actually sits behind the right rib cage .
i do not know what / where the gall bladder is tho.
I had a bit too drink on day 2 of pct also and had flu for a week.

MadMas

Work Horse
Awards
Usually i take more milk thistle.

Its cheeper than **** why not.

water43

Awards
when i was takin too much milk thistle it made my side ache around that area , so i took more and the more i took the more it ached so i stopp ed the milk thistle and a few days later it started to ease off then a week went by it was gone......i had to search out side affects of milk thistle but it seem on some people it causes adominal dicomfort and if the body doesnt need it it can actually suppress liver function.

feelingfizzy

feelingfizzy

Awards
the red rice yeat extract i run has 200mg of milk thistle in it.
i may try spreading it out evenly through day .

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Just a heads up guys. Despite popular belief it is possible to have Liver pain. It is usually associated with acute disease conditions i.e. inflammation (hepatitis).

The Gallbladder is also located in the RUQ. Gall Bladder & Biliary tract issues could also cause discomfort in this area.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
One of the first signs of jaundice is unexplainable itching, this typically occurs before yellowing. If indeed you are getting these symptoms I'd consult a doctor imediately. Tell him what you took, don't be shy. He might think of you as an idiot, but he can't help without knowing.

Regular bloodwork should always be done, regardless of cycles.

goodluck

DobermanXXL

Awards
You would have numerous symptoms before the back up of bilirubin actually turned your skin yellow, I definitely wouldn't be worrying about jaundice, especially from a 3 week SD cycle.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a heads up guys. Despite popular belief it is possible to have Liver pain. It is usually associated with acute disease conditions i.e. inflammation (hepatitis).

The Gallbladder is also located in the RUQ. Gall Bladder & Biliary tract issues could also cause discomfort in this area.
Of course you are right, and these would be the extreme condition, that likely would be pre-existant and not brought on by SD...no?

As I stated, many, myself included, have had that symptom and it does seem to be an intestinal issue rather than glandular. Having much archived bloodwork in my corner I know it is not something as dramatic as what the paranoid mind can imagine at times. Anyway :)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
As I stated, many, myself included, have had that symptom and it does seem to be an intestinal issue rather than glandular. Having much archived bloodwork in my corner I know it is not something as dramatic as what the paranoid mind can imagine at times. Anyway :)
I concur. I often forget how many pills, caps, liquids & powders that I take orally. I cannot believe the myriad of supplements that some, myself included, helps gastric distress.

I would also agree that a 3-4 week cycle would cause not drug-induced hepatitis from the SD bloodwork results from various individuals. Prolonged use or propensity/pre-exsitant issues would be another story.

So yet again I find myself in total agreement with you.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
:rofl:

feelingfizzy

feelingfizzy

Awards
TBH i am going to stay off all supps until end of yr.
The senssation seems to be just above right oblique - and even sometimes round the back.