Need help with mid-cycle HCG!!

the42nd

Awards
I just started to prepare my HCG for injection during the fifth week of my 15 week cycle. I will be doing 250iu 2x week for weeks 5-15. However, as I was pulling out my Pregnyl 5000iu ampules, one of the ampules containing the HCG fell out and broke open on my counter. It appears that the powder stayed intact.....I only have two of these 5000 iu ampules on hand, so I decided to try and save this one. I injected 1ml bs water into the ampule.... the new mixture was clear as water, I was expecting it to be slightly cloudy. Is this normal or has the solution been compromised.

Furthermore, I injected the now mixed compound into a 10ml bottle of bs water.

Should I use this or simply start over and count it as a loss.

I was continually wiping everything, so I think it should be sanitary.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
The wiping is important, but what Im worried about is weather or not tiny pieces of glass got mixed in the powder inadvertantly.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
HCG mixed is clear as crystal. It's never cloudy.. so you're good on that account. Wow, it's hard to break Organon Amps, you must have had some force on that one.. lol.

A little off topic, but do you have an amp opener? They're great to have IMO.

Do you think there is a chance of minute particles of glass to be in it? Pathogens are another concern of course, as it was on your counter. I'm wondering if the low BA concentration in the BW would help you with that or not.

I'd shoot it, but I'm kind of mental like that.. :)

the42nd

Awards
The glass appeared to break cleanly, so I think I am clear of glass.
I was shocked at how easy it broke, but it did seem to be a clean break at the neck.

Thanks for the input, I'm going to give it a shot tonight.

One more question though, it is in the freezer right now, should I run it under warm water beofre injection?

Thanks again for the input guys.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
just keep it in the fridge, not the freezer..

the42nd

Awards
It is in the fridge not the freezer^ that was a slip

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
ok, just let it sit out for 10 minutes and then pin it..it's fine to pin cold BW. :)

Last edited:

PSYCHOMEAT

Awards
Are you pinning this subcutaneously?

Or in the muscle?

Thx,

PSYCHOMEAT

Awards
Re: avatar

Offensive?

In bad taste?

Disallowed?

or

Incredible?

Tremendous?

Eye-opening (pun intended)

I'm not reading you here, man.

Think it should go away?

Or want to know A) how is was made and B) her phone number :twisted:

Lemme know... I love a discussion (tho maybe not in this guy's HCG thread) ;)

the42nd

Awards
sub-q injection.
i've got this one all squared away now, but thx for the response.
that avatar remains me of the rabbit hole in alice in wonderland.:run:
carry on

PSYCHOMEAT

Awards
Gotcha.

My question was for my benefit, actually... as I've heard people who have done it both ways.

Always been subQ for me too..

Thx,

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
AV is not one that I would consider to be tasteful for on here.. sorry but it is gone for now..

PSYCHOMEAT

Awards
Re: my former nasty avatar

not a problem... that's why I asked.

but somehow I ended up with mega negative feedback from a moderator on an unrelated post at the same time.

any thoughts on how that happened? or why? :banned:

just want to make sure i understand how this board really works

if making posts and contributing gets you slammed, then maybe this isn't the board for me.

you'd think there would be some open-minded people here...

... but repression and censorship know no boundaries

too bad

but not surprising...

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Well if it was NO problem then why the nasty note in my rep box.. THIS NOT A PUBLIC borard.. sorry but its not
And no this more than likely not the board for you.. your AV was pulled because of a couple of complains by other members..

PSYCHOMEAT

Awards
You mean that note about censorship?

Was that nasty? Not at all.

Actually, I'm disappointed. I hear talk on this board about illicit drug use, avatars featuring everything from various body parts to Arnold smoking pot, and plenty of racist and sexist commentary...

... and somebody complained about my avatar showing a woman's ass? :nono:

maybe it was because it has a woman in it?

and did that rub some of the "boys' the wrong way?

... who knows?

But I find it hypocritical and less than intelligent to point fingers when you run a board that solicits posting photos to give a "wood check",

But that's the best thing about hypocrites and censors... they're always right, at least in their own minds. :toofunny:

Mod on,

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
those "wood checks" are in the adult content forum .. where people at work don't have to enter .. people looking at the forum and reading your posts have to subject themselves and any coworker than might glance at their computers to your avatar

btw you seem to have a real attitude in nearly all your posts .. cut that bs out .. this isn't what this board is about

PSYCHOMEAT

Awards
Right on...

... but those same co-workers can easily see those previously mentioned visuals, from Ahnold smoking pot to plenty of discussions about illegal drug use.

it's not the subject matter, the visuals, or anything else I have an attitude about "in all my posts" (which amount to a mssive 13 at this point)...

... just the hypocracy of a few individuals.

BTW, as soon as someone wanted it replaced, I did so. Unlike many others, I wasn't being hypocritical when I asked if anyone wanted it to go... so I did it.

Deeds, not words... as the saying goes.

Thanks for your input, G

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Back to topic, I recently had the same problem--broken ampule. The solution afterwards was perfectly clear, after very close inspection in a 5ml vial. Still, slightly worried about glass...but SUB-Q seems to be safer, even if there were a microscopic glasss piece, at which point it would seem to just be a hard silica...not sure, though.

FWIW, I used a "Clic Open" ampule opener, and it seems to SUCK...the file doesn't work very well, IMO...anyone else have this prob?