Needles, holy ****!

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, so I ordered 25 gauge needles and I just got them in today. I will be using them for P-GH injections for my research rat. Anyway, 25g seems BIG! What kind of mark will these leave? Should I have gotten 22 gauge instead?

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I ordered 25 gauge needles and I just got them in today. I will be using them for P-GH injections for my research rat. Anyway, 25g seems BIG! What kind of mark will these leave? Should I have gotten 22 gauge instead?
pgh.. Subq or IM?

I'm assuming subq, in which case you should of ordered 27-30g insulin syringes.

22g is huge compared to 25g... The lower the number the bigger the needle. 18g are like a friggin straw.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Your best bet is 29g 1/2CC insulin rigs.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
25 g big? man, you are spoiled! my first shot was done with a 20g 1 1/2 inch pin. that was a pretty painful shot. 25 slides in like butter intramuscularly and leaves no trace after a day.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
damnit, I thought bigger guage numbers meant bigger needles. So I cant do SubQ with 25 Guage? I was planning on doing IM and SubQ.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOL 25 g is not big. You can use it for sub q injections no problem.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
25's are for sissy's :lol:

There is no mark left, don't worry, you'll live! :rofl:

tattoopierced1

25s are nothing.... i draw with 20s but would never put one in me that size...yeesh that wouldnt be fun....

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
This thread is hilarous.

I laughed my ass off at the title.
I have no idea why.

ctgblue

Awards
29 x 1/2 for water based sub-q is the deal.
22-23g for long acting esters IM, 25g for short acting IM as they typically are thinner with more solvent per ML and less oil
The only exception would be test susp, some of that stuff has flakes so big you gotta go 18-20g to get it through, loads of fun from what I hear.

Jblake

Awards
I've had to use 23g after I ran out of 25g and I prefer the 25's. This was IM, not sub Q. 25 would work for subQ, but a higher gauge needle would be easier to shoot with.

powermad

Awards
The 25's should be a breeze/painless. I use 23s and usually don't even bleed. Also the force required to plunge the oil in isn't too bad (I usually warm the oil up before shooting) and can usually get 3cc in 90 seconds or so.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
The 25's should be a breeze/painless. I use 23s and usually don't even bleed. Also the force required to plunge the oil in isn't too bad (I usually warm the oil up before shooting) and can usually get 3cc in 90 seconds or so.
90 seconds!? lol

If it takes me more than 5-10sec/cc i go mad. lol Even with a 25g.

water43

Awards
sub-q with a 22g or 25g is like swatting a fly with a hammer !:blink:

powermad

Awards
90 seconds!? lol

If it takes me more than 5-10sec/cc i go mad. lol Even with a 25g.
I don't know why I but from day one I've always done it that way b/c I read on one of the boards many years ago that it reduces the pain and swelling of the injection site. Don't know if its true or not, but its become habit and I'm afraid of breaking the pin or spazzing out and creating a bunch of scar tissue/hitting a nerve if I push hard and lose control of the syringe. Sometimes I can be a tard like that.