need help! fina conv. gone bad??

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i used heat to dissolve the pellets and again to ease filtering into sterile vial. i used a hot water bath and fina turned brownish. does using heat dec. the potency of tren?? i'm not getting night sweats off it.

Rippd444

Awards
no, its supposed to turn brown, the melting point for tren is 250 degress... so as long you dont get anywhere near that youll be ok

powermad

Awards
It has been advised by many individuals to not heat tren. It is possible that the discoloration may be due to structural change of the molecule. From what I understand, brown tren is not a good sign. I would recommend using the crystal fina method for any future conversions. No heat is necessary, purity is high, and exact concentrations can be specified/known.

I've never heard of the "crystal fina method" and searched for it without success. Can you provide a link or elaborate on this? I'd really appreciate it.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Crystal fina:

1) dissolve pellets in HEET
2) filter out binders
3) poke tiny pinhole in bottom of plastic container
4) fill plastic container with at least 500mL of water and sit it over the jar of fina/HEET mixture
5) wait the many hours it takes for all 500mL to drip drip drip

VOILA you get a nice matrix of fina crystals. It should look like a spikey blob, basically. Makes for super easy filtering afterwards and very little active compound is lost.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
Crystal fina:

1) dissolve pellets in HEET
2) filter out binders
3) poke tiny pinhole in bottom of plastic container
4) fill plastic container with at least 500mL of water and sit it over the jar of fina/HEET mixture
5) wait the many hours it takes for all 500mL to drip drip drip

VOILA you get a nice matrix of fina crystals. It should look like a spikey blob, basically. Makes for super easy filtering afterwards and very little active compound is lost.
HEET? Do you mean that stuff you put in your gas tank to keep it from freezing? :blink:

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, the stuff in the yellow bottle, not the red. The yellow bottle is 100% pure methanol. It breaks down the pellets; the tren acetate dissolves in the methanol but the binders (cellulose and glue mostly) do not. So you are left with methanol/tren ace solution and a bunch of gluey gunk.

Takes a while for the pellets to dissolve though and requires that you shake it up a bunch periodically.