Post SD/E...Max LMG Cycle Bloodwork

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
So I did a 5 week cycle of SD, using 30mg ed and EMax 10mg ed for 4 weeks and 20mg ed the last week. I did proper PCT and all that jazz... and 2 months later went in for a physical and got some blood work done.

I was amazed at my low cholesterol and triglyceride numbers. I chalk it up to the fact I take 20mg policosanol per day, and also take 2 Red Yeast Rice caps with every meal ( do no know dosage off the top of my head).

My doc was concerned about the slightl elevated liver enzymes and ran a Hep panel which was neg. Of course, since I don't drink and take any medication, and it's obvious I work out... his next question was: "Are you taking any steroids?" We had a long "off the record" discussion and he essentially made it clear that if I was going to do things that may cause an elevation in liver enzymes, then to come to him, talk to him about it, and he will make sure that I am getting the proper bloodwork done along the way to ensure my health. Very nice Doctor.

Here are the results... (I take "Perfect Cycle" 2 pills 2x ed religiously off-cycle. On cycle it is 2 pills 3x ed. So the fact that 2 months later my liver enzymes are slightly elevated means that SD really does do some lasting damage to the liver.)

Attachments

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting the bloodwork.

Just wanted to comment on telling the Doc (for you and others). Off the record does not mean that your insurance company can't see that you are taking steroids/hormone/whatever you want to call it. They can cancel your insurance for taking them.
Now, I'm not saying you Doc. didn't write that down explicitly and send it to them.
But, I imagine things have a way of making their way over to the insurance people (as they keep Docs. in business).

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
30mg is a high dose for running sd, especially for 5 weeks

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
30mg is a high dose for running sd, especially for 5 weeks
yea, sheesh...most people are hesitant to run 4 week cycles...(not to mention the gains slow down heavily by this point anyways)...two methyls at once, not a great idea. but like said before, thank you for posting the blood work. we all appreciate it.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
So the fact that 2 months later my liver enzymes are slightly elevated means that SD really does do some lasting damage to the liver.)
Not really, it means that there was cellular damage somwhere in your body subsequently releasing enzymes. Aspartate aminotransferase(AST) is not liver specific. Alanine aminotransferase(ALT) although more liver specific is also found in skeletal muscle. Resistance training within 24 to 48 hours of blood test can cause elevations.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the bloodwork, bro. so much more useful than...."uh, i feel fine"

i have heard that working out within 2 days of your test and taking creatine will all cause the levels to be overly high,
if your doctor ever talked to your insurance companies about that i would sue the hell out of him! what about confidentiality?!?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting these Pax. Like Jonny said, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Glad your cholesterol numbers were good.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Well... first off, I am a lawyer, and don't think that I didn't add certain things to the initial "Release" form that doctors have you sign indicating that they can share your information with insurance companies. In fact, I simply wrote in many more terms into the release indicating what information can and cannot be relayed to my insurance carrier. I signed the document. Be examining me, the physician consented to the terms of the agreement. I'm not too worried, and yes, i wouldn't have a problem filing suit if such scenario did in fact happen.

Also, my dosages are high because I am a very hard-gainer/non-responder to AAS and pro-hormones. I have to take much higher dosages to see effects. I'm 6'5 240 lbs. as well.

I did work-out the night before the exam, and I am in a strength training phase now. I did chest/back/tris the night before and lifted very heavy. My inclines alone I work out with between 335-375 lbs.

Perhaps that may explain alot. Plus, I was taking some clenbuterol for 2 weeks before the lab work, with the last day of taking clenbuterol the day before the lab test.

I'm sure all of those factors had something to do with those results. I'm not too worried. My overall profile, especially lipids, is excellent.

To have a cholesterol of 131, and an LDL of 78, I consider to be a major accomplishment. 4 years ago, my cholesterol tested at 191 with an LDL of 134. I was 280 lbs. with about 19% bf. Now I'm at about 10% bf. I simply severely restrict my saturated fat intake, eat no trans fats, and do not eat any hydrogenated and/or fractionated oils, and avoid palm and palm kernel oils. It's been a bitch to adjust to, but look at the result....

Defintely a good motivator to perhaps stay off the anabolics for a long while, and to continue my diet. I lift and diet so that I may have a better quality of life. I want to look like "Ageless" when I am his age... He is my motivator!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, my dosages are high because I am a very hard-gainer/non-responder to AAS and pro-hormones. I have to take much higher dosages to see effects. I'm 6'5 240 lbs. as well.
Man, your are the biggest lawyer that I know. Very impressive numbers with the low BF%. The lab work is much appreciated and considering your cycle I'd say it's very, very good as well.