Interesting study: Natty VS juiced powwer lifters

X

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
If someone can post the whole study i will realy apreciate it.

Histochem Cell Biol. 2005 Aug;124(2):167-75. Epub 2005 Sep 29. Related Articles, Links

Skeletal muscle morphology in power-lifters with and without anabolic steroids.

Eriksson A, Kadi F, Malm C, Thornell LE.

Department of Integrative Medical Biology, Section for Anatomy, Umea University, 901 87 Umea, Sweden.

The morphological appearance of the vastus lateralis (VL) muscle from high-level power-lifters on long-term anabolic steroid supplementation (PAS) and power-lifters never taking anabolic steroids (P) was compared. The effects of long- and short-term supplementation were compared. Enzyme-immunohistochemical investigations were performed to assess muscle fiber type composition, fiber area, number of myonuclei per fiber, internal myonuclei, myonuclear domains and proportion of satellite cells. The PAS group had larger type I, IIA, IIAB and IIC fiber areas (p<0.05). The number of myonuclei/fiber and the proportion of central nuclei were significantly higher in the PAS group (p<0.05). Similar results were seen in the trapezius muscle (T) but additionally, in T the proportion of fibers expressing developmental myosin isoforms was higher in the PAS group compared to the P group. Further, in VL, the PAS group had significantly larger nuclear domains in fibers containing > or = 5 myonuclei. The results of AS on VL morphology in this study were similar to previously reported short-term effects of AS on VL. The initial effects from AS appear to be maintained for several years.

Long live our juice :bow28:

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Is the vastus lateralis muscle part of your quad?

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
It's the big outer quad muscle, the outside of your thigh.

K

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I have also noticed better trap development since I started juicing. Interesting.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
My dad hasn't lifted in years and has maintained much of what he built while in the military. Free time in Korea + plenty of food + Dbol = Permanently big man.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I have also noticed better trap development since I started juicing. Interesting.
I once heard there are alot of receptor sites in the traps.....

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
They must..my traps swell up huge on cycle, moreso than any other muscle group.

M

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
Hum........intersting

the most noticible development in my body since i started juicing, is my delt and my traps.

Anyway, im just wondering what was the sample size in the study. how did they found people who juice to participate.

R

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Androgen receptor density is highly individual it seems.

My entire back - traps, lats, erectors, and deltoids grow incredibly fast on cycle.

Biceps and chest, however, progress much slower, (for me anyways).

This pattern also holds true off cycle. Biceps and chest lose muscle first. My back always looks more developed by comparison.

M

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
Androgen receptor density is highly individual it seems.

My entire back - traps, lats, erectors, and deltoids grow incredibly fast on cycle.

Biceps and chest, however, progress much slower, (for me anyways).

This pattern also holds true off cycle. Biceps and chest lose muscle first. My back always looks more developed by comparison.
that exactly happens to me, after my last cycle........

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are more androgen receptors in the upper back traps area.