PP lipids

Bigfishy

Awards
I can't seem to find any bloodwork for Phera-Plex. Have we established what effect it has on lipid profile?

jshin

Awards
Bump on this, just wondering if anyone has any PP logs with bloodwork.

keninishna

Awards
Not yet but I'm guessing its similar to bloodwork on emax.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure you're right Ken. What has Emax bloodwork been like? I don't think I've seen any. I'd like to know how hepatoxic it is too.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure you're right Ken. What has Emax bloodwork been like? I don't think I've seen any. I'd like to know how hepatoxic it is too.
bump to this. I eagerly anticipate a PP run, although it won't be happenin for me 'till February probably...

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
bump

I even searched bb.com :frustrate

Seems like since it's "supposed" to be better on lipids, nobody is even bothering to get tested.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ttt...........I have also searched multiple boards looking for this. I sure would like to find some blood results for hepatoxicity and lipid impact.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Send some to SS...:box:

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It probably won't be as bad as superdrol is on lipids, but it's still an oral. Expecting it to be void of negative impact on lipids is probably a pipe dream. This phenomena seems to hold true for all oral androgens. Dealing with this aspect comes with the territory of using oral androgens.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It probably won't be as bad as superdrol is on lipids, but it's still an oral. Expecting it to be void of negative impact on lipids is probably a pipe dream. This phenomena seems to hold true for all oral androgens. Dealing with this aspect comes with the territory of using oral androgens.
Which is why we need more non-methyl orals or transdermals. Im getting sick of all the orals, its like unless I want to always get stuff illegally I need to take methyls. I wish we could get soem new bulking compounds non-methyl, like we used to have 1-test and 4-ad along with a host of other ones. I miss 1-test..... :(

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Which is why we need more non-methyl orals or transdermals. Im getting sick of all the orals, its like unless I want to always get stuff illegally I need to take methyls. I wish we could get soem new bulking compounds non-methyl, like we used to have 1-test and 4-ad along with a host of other ones. I miss 1-test..... :(
:goodpost:

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Which is why we need more non-methyl orals or transdermals. Im getting sick of all the orals, its like unless I want to always get stuff illegally I need to take methyls.
Not to get off topic, but FWIW, Adaml has a thread in the supps section about his 4 week max lmg/prostan log. He gained 11lbs and lost a little bodyfat. Of course it would be a much better stack w/ some 4ad or test, but whatta ya gonna do?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I second that statement.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
So, all these guys on "AM" took "PP" and no one had their blood tested?

{{{ This most be a first. }}}

I suppose to be adding "PP" to my 1ad cycle in January 2006. If I can't find the proper info needed to research this supplement, I might have to drop the "PP" from the cycle. :frustrate

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i thought there would be a bunch of anecdotes on the pp, hard to search for "pp" too! i stocked up, would like to know a little more.

323mattb

Board Supporter
Awards
After 3 weeks of ErgoLMG (I cut it short because of nipple sensitivity) my HDL was extremely low and my LDL was pretty elevated. I have a scan of the bloodwork on my office PC, and I'll post it tomorrow if anyone's interested. Total test was not detectable, and estradiol was through the roof. Interesting though, liver enzymes were only slightly elevated.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have some blood work after an ergo cycle, I will dig it up sometime this weekend, just remind me.:study: :blink:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:clap2:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We all tend to differ in the genetic area, but I'll give my input.. ;)

My latest bloodwork showed my HDL to be only 2 points off, LDL was low also but nothing alarming.. ALT/GGT/AST(I believe) was slightly elevated but was ruled out due to athletes having higher than normal liver function to begin with.. Values were at 59, 50 or below is considered normal..

As I said, everyone is different.. My secret? 10g each of flax and fish oils daily.. :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Whey - you gonna get some bloodwork done while still on phera?

I'd be an AM guinea pig for PP, but I think I'm going to be the AM guinea pig for Halodrol. I'm up for trying either as I have both coming in next week from Nutraplanet.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Which is why we need more non-methyl orals or transdermals. Im getting sick of all the orals, its like unless I want to always get stuff illegally I need to take methyls. I wish we could get soem new bulking compounds non-methyl, like we used to have 1-test and 4-ad along with a host of other ones. I miss 1-test.....
Yeah, 1-test is/was the sh*t!

BV

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yep I hear you bro, that 1-Test was awesome ! BTW, if you a non-methyl cycle you can stack prostanazol, max lmg and finigenx, although finigenx is pretty dmn expensive.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Not to get off topic, but FWIW, Adaml has a thread in the supps section about his 4 week max lmg/prostan log. He gained 11lbs and lost a little bodyfat. Of course it would be a much better stack w/ some 4ad or test, but whatta ya gonna do?
Mug a cow.

bbuild923

Awards
I have some blood work after an ergo cycle, I will dig it up sometime this weekend, just remind me.:study: :blink:

Could you post that? Or just say what you remember was elevated or vice versa.

Thank you

jshin

Awards
bump keep this thread alive. I'm waiting on someone bloodwork before I take the plunge :icon_lol:

blzr

Board Supporter
Awards
I found a current PP log on the bb forum which had some lipid values.

37yo
no baseline data

wk 1 PP @ 10mg/day
wk 2 PP @ 20mg/day

bloodwork taken at the beginning of wk 3

HDL 18
LDL 161
Total test 23

Continuing with

Wk 3 PP @ 30mg/day
Wk 4 PP @ 30 mg/day

Other supps listed

fish oil 6-8 grams/day
mono creatine
NAC
Multi
green tea
whey

Doesn’t look good for just 2 weeks, assuming his values were normal at the beginning. I guess it could be worse but he has 2 more weeks to go. I bet he will be in the single HDL by then.

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well that's just guesswork though if there's no baseline data..

blzr

Board Supporter
Awards
Agreed.

He was asked in the thread about baseline values and he didn't have any.

But the majority of healthy 30 something adults will have better values than this. I would conclude that odds are his values were as well. (but there is no guarantee) But since we have no baseline it's all just a guess, he could have pre-existing problems with his lipid values.

I do think that this would indicate that people should be a little bit careful with PP just like any other similar supp. Many people have assumed that it was not as harsh on lipid values, but this MAY not be the case. I think that his info is better than nothing at all.

Unfortunately at this point we still don't know??

Just thought I would pass this info along.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I think it would be fair to say that PP is at least partially responsible for that guy's poor lipid profile. The reality is that these compounds are harsh on the liver and affects lipids as well. Not sure how much poli or RYR would help but from the bloodwork taken several months after levels seem to return to normal so what cause for concern there should be is debateable.

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
/\
Lets keep this one up for some results.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Although i could not get my cholesterol because i did not fast, but my doc took my bp and everything was copastetic. but here are my other levels after 8 weeker...
AST 35 range 14-50
ALT 56 range 21-72
Creatinine was kinda high at 1.3 with range .7- 1.3

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Liver values seem great. The creatinine is pretty normal for a lifter. Mine are never within the norms.

I've had considerable shortness of breath on PP...which also happens with SD, M1,4 ADD and M1T.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I've had considerable shortness of breath on PP...which also happens with SD, M1,4 ADD and M1T.
That's a little unnerving - what do you think its from?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Probably whatever causes shortness of breath on Dbol is probably the same for at least M1,4 if not the others.

It's not that bad usually but if I am really full of food and pumped from a workout I can feel it.