sd+hotrox

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
just wondering if anyone has stacked these two compounds? my bro is about to start a sd cycle and wants to throw in a thermogenic. Not too sure if this would be effective since you are basically trying to eat the maximum amount of calories to gain weight while doing a sd cycle.(atleast i was!!) anyone have any comments or suggestions?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
should be beneficial, IMO. Help the lethargy, and keep the metabolism going. Don't think it'll hinder progress, but the blood pressure advice is sound.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I don't really see the point myself. What exactly is he trying to do by using a thermogenic at this time?

My advice would be to avoid that. SD can wreck your lipids and BP is an issue for many while on; no need to push it for little or no viable reason IMO.

daddymc

Board Supporter
Awards
I took 6 caps of Hot Rox per day during my SD/Prostanozol cycle with the thought that it would help me limit the amount of fat added during my cycle. I dropped it during PCT though. In the end, I gained about 15 pounds on my cycle and maintained it through PCT. I monitored my BP periodically throughout, and while I had a slight increase, it never exceeded a normal range.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, how did you does your SD, etc. during that cycle?

I understand the two reasons given for using a thermogenic (1) fat burn (2) energy... I just don't think its use will be particularly effective during a SD cycle in either regard... and for some people, could add to side effects (particularly BP)... also, since thermogenic stimulant products 'burn' fat primarily through appetite suppression and increased caloric expenditure, that would seem counter to a bulk as well.

My view would be to use a thermo and also something like Lean Xtreme post-cycle, while you're using your anti-estrogen, etc. -- all together, they should help you 'lean out' your gains and also drop any water held at that time. Of course, this is just one view and I wouldn't say it was the only or 'the best' way for everyone.

daddymc

Board Supporter
Awards
Just out of curiosity, how did you does your SD, etc. during that cycle?
My SD dosing was 10mg week 1 and 20mg weeks 2 & 3. Kcals were 4000-5000 per day are were not necessarily clean, as I had a large number of business lunches/dinners during that timeframe.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I think that 10mg for the first week has a lot to do with it...

What I mean is, my BP did not get high until week 3... a third week at 20mg ED. I see a lot of guys using SD at 10mg for the first week or even longer before stepping up to the 20mg dosage. That may be key in helping to manage some sides. Unsure about that, but it is a reasonable theory.

Anyway, thanks for contributing that info daddymc.

And as for the Hotrox, etc. I gave my opinion on it, but whatever your bud decides to do Blane, I hope it works out for the best for him.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
thanks S.M.A. i used the same dosage as daddymc and my sides were very minimal. The only real sides that i had were headaches for about 2 days into the 20mg. but my hawthorn berry took care of that real quick. i think the HB was 550mg caps so i just took them when i took my drol and took the last dose of hb b4 bed.