Superdrol and cholesterol

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SD makes your total cholesterol go up, your HDL go down and of course that means your LDL is WAY UP.

Now, cholesterol isn't all bad. It is used for many things, INCLUDING making hormones (prostaglandins I believe) and also to simply make cellular membranes.

So of course anything that makes you put on large amounts of muscle in no time SHOULD make your body produce more cholesterol.

There is a 2g / NORMAL human requirement for cholesterol. On SD, that might be 4g, 5g, who knows? 10grams per day?

Just questioning here the near-panic some people seem to undergo at seeing their cholesterol levels change. Which is used for muscle membranes? HDL? There are some interesting questions (at least to me) in there. Also, lipid profiles are used as an INDICATOR of a POSSIBILITY of something being wrong in the body. AFAIK it hasn't even been established that an off-normal lipids profile is a CAUSE of disease, it is more probably a side-effect of whatever is causeing the disease. Er... So I was told some years ago.

I am no biochemist but would love to hear the thoughts of a true scientist on this angle of things.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
*bump*

I'm interested too.

In any event... I got blood work 2 months after an SD cycle, with all the proper secondary supps and PCT, and my cholestorol was actually exceptionally good.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
*bump*

I'm interested too.

In any event... I got blood work 2 months after an SD cycle, with all the proper secondary supps and PCT, and my cholestorol was actually exceptionally good.
Not a scientist in the least. Have some thoughts though. Besides the possibility of liver dysfunction r/t PH use, increased LDL levels could be r/t the decreased manufacturing of testosterone within the body. If the body is not manufacturing testosterone from cholesterol it has to go somewhere. And since "de novo" cholesterol product accounts for ~50% of the cholesterol within our bodies maybe that's why LDL increases despite intake of "good" fats throughout cycles. I have some other ideas but have been to busy to read into them; cAMP, being anabolic & "fed state"

Nevertheless, an ounce of "______ "is worth a pound of "______" (can't remember the phrase at the moment). Good fats before, during? and after a cycle will probably only help. I question the during because I wonder if a fat restriction would increase the utilization of endogenous lipids for more beneficial uses.

On another note, elevated lipids have be shown to cause disease. Fatty Liver: elevated TG's. Arteriosclerotic disease: LDL build-up/plaque.

who knows? you guys probably already realized I'm kinda screwy anyway.

Hey ss01, you'd probably be interested, if you don't already know, to know that insulin increases cholesterol synthesis while glucagon decreases it. That the start of my thoughts on the "fed state" idea.

noctorum

Banned
Awards
an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure ;)