Seeing a doctor to get rid of gyno

uncleezno

Awards
I've been doing a lot of reading on this board and elsewhere about how to deal with gyno.
I'm 21, and I've been lifting naturally for about two years now. Until recently, I never had
any issues with gyno - I've always been naturally thin. A few weeks ago, I was in bed with
my girlfriend, and I reeled back when she touched my chest. My nipples were really sensitive,
and they felt swollen. I decided to wait to see if it would subside, but it hasn't. It's definitely
the glands that are swollen, and not fat deposits.

I mentioned that I'm natural; I don't use any supplements besides protein and flaxseed oil. I'm
wondering, though, if a doctor would be willing to prescribe me something like nolva to get rid
of the gyno. It's my experience that if you ask for something, the doctor will usually say OK,
but I wanted to know what you guys think. I also don't know why more of you approach your
GPs about gyno - are you afraid to talk about it to somebody else, do you have crappy insurance
which makes it cheaper to by from CNW? Just wondering.

mrfantastic5

Banned
Awards
I've been doing a lot of reading on this board and elsewhere about how to deal with gyno.
I'm 21, and I've been lifting naturally for about two years now. Until recently, I never had
any issues with gyno - I've always been naturally thin. A few weeks ago, I was in bed with
my girlfriend, and I reeled back when she touched my chest. My nipples were really sensitive,
and they felt swollen. I decided to wait to see if it would subside, but it hasn't. It's definitely
the glands that are swollen, and not fat deposits.

I mentioned that I'm natural; I don't use any supplements besides protein and flaxseed oil. I'm
wondering, though, if a doctor would be willing to prescribe me something like nolva to get rid
of the gyno. It's my experience that if you ask for something, the doctor will usually say OK,
but I wanted to know what you guys think. I also don't know why more of you approach your
GPs about gyno - are you afraid to talk about it to somebody else, do you have crappy insurance
which makes it cheaper to by from CNW? Just wondering.
u probably always have had gyno..

it's just getting bigger/big enough.. swollen/painful that u now notice it.

if it was me i woudln't wait for the doc to prescribe me something

i would pick up some nolva asap

uncleezno

Awards
I don't know - I used to be pretty skinny - 6'1 and about 145 pounds - I'm fairly certain I would have noticed it then. I know what gyno looks/feels like, so I'm pretty sure I never had it before.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whatever. Get nolva NOW. Believe you me, you don't want this getting out of control. Plus, you read some threads around here and a lot of docs treat gyno like it's not really there. They're not the ones walking around with tits on...

AND since you're like me and you get gyno just by the natural testosterone boost that working out gives you (some of it turns into estrogen), you HAVE to do something. OTOH, just nolva isn't that great, because it might very well come back... And you can't ALWAYS be on nolva... Formestane is also good for this, I hear...

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the world of weight lifting! You think you got gyno now after 2 years of lifting wait until ten years, that is if you stay with it that long. Your pecs are going to get bigger, you will have developed pecs, your nipples will be sensitive from time to time. If you go to a Doc and complain about it most likely they will tell you it isnt gyno, you dont need treatment. Unless you are lactating and actually have lumps they will not treat you.I wouldnt worry about it. Welcome this sensitivity as a sign that your endogenous hormonal matrix is kicking in as a prelude to becoming that muscled freak you always dreamt of.

uncleezno

Awards
Well, I met with the doctor today. Very knowledgeable woman, of course, and was impressed when I presented her with harcopies of JAMA studies on Raloxifene. She disappeared to look it up, and wrote me a script. She also warned me that the insurance company probably wouldn't know what it was, but to give it a try anyway. The pharmacist at my Rite-aid was on the phone with my insurance company for fifteen minutes, and conviced them to price it at my regular level for patented drugs - a ten dollar copay. Although I have to wait a few days while they ordered it, I don't mind. So maybe it's worth it to see a doctor about gyno - I know a ten dollar insurance copay is cheaper than anything you can find on the net for a month's worth of raloxifene.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, but it is out there - and still VERY affordable - from some research chems sites.