disposing of pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i just toss them all in an empty protein jug for now....but where can i toss the jug? is it safe to just put it in the trash? i dont want to hurt someone or get in trouble...

dingling

Awards
I believe someone on this board made the suggestion of filling the protein tub (with the used pins inside) with plaster, letting it dry, and then taping the top with duct tape. I have yet to try this yet. Sounds like a safe plan though

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
super glue works for this also.. and you can use quick concrete also..

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
super glue works for this also.. and you can use quick concrete also..
Yeah I had asked this question a while ago. Someone had mentioned using foam insulation and then sealing the tub. Seems like a pretty good idea.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
you take all the needles and dispose of them seperately right !
i do i cut them up with wire cutters , fill an emty pill bottle and dispose at the landfill,fill a jug and dispose the used syringes also taken apart at the landfill.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OK...sealing the tub is important. but do you just put it out at garbage day like normal? take it to the dump? toss it in a random dumpster?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
If I were going to do this.. I would put the cut pins in the pill bottle IN the middle of the job and then fill it with my material of choice either foam insulation, concrete, or plaster.. that way they are surrounded by something that have very little chance of getting out

here is one of the other threads about pin disposal
http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13042

FZane

Awards
If you use a red sharps container you can take them to the local clinic and they will dispose of them PROPERLY

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
i'm down with what FZane said...the local hospitals here in florida will provide you with a red biohazard container specifically for sharps...whenever it gets full take it to the hospital and they incinerate them I believe and give you a new container.

regards,
COTC

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
true but there are OTHER states that are not that forgiving when it comes to those things guys.

noctorum

Banned
Awards
I don't care what state it is. I'm not giving a government-run hospital a box full of syringes with steroid residue.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Is there a link as to which states allow pins and which ones don't?

Or would asking a pharmacist be ok?

bulkmuscle

Awards
You don't throw out a biohazard into the garbage you tit.

Take them to the pharmacy and give it to them. I don't know if they will take them in a protein tub though...you should really be using those Biohazard containers. They're only like $10 or something.

salb3039

Awards
I believe someone on this board made the suggestion of filling the protein tub (with the used pins inside) with plaster, letting it dry, and then taping the top with duct tape. I have yet to try this yet. Sounds like a safe plan though
I think that's a good idea. Just fill the protein jug or whatever with something that will harden. And then just trash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crowy Anabolics 3
BigB29 Anabolics 26
AGELESS General Chat 11
Ubiquitous Anabolics 9
Anabolics 18