frustration with sd...

coronas

Banned
Awards
whatsup guys, bet your getting sick of my superdrol posts now, but sorry.
i just finished my second week of sd and ive only gained a pound or 2. i take
20mg everyday. 1 with breakfast a little before workout, 1 later with dinner.
i eat alot protein and carbs, along with milk thistle and multi vitamins. i seem
to be doing everything right, but not getting good gains. was thinking of bumping
up to 30mg but not sure as im still under 200lbs. any suggestions are welcome
because im getting really pissed that this stuff isnt working out to well. oh well,
i guess thats the price i pay. gains arent guaranteed!

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
well bro....if you have time post your daily diet with times you eat and stuff......i think that prolly where the problem is

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
you also need a little more than milk thistle bro.....i would definately have done some more research b4 i started the cycle

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
yeah, post your diet up. Usually a diet problem. However, I am a very low SD responder myself. It is possible you are as well.

coronas

Banned
Awards
blane im taking 1000mg of milk thistle everyday. ive done more research on sd then you ll ever know. 2 months worth before starting.. im guessing its something with my diet, or im just a non responder.

coronas

Banned
Awards
oops forgot to mention the ryr and fish oils. i havent been drinking much. i dont really worry to much about my lipid values, but thats just me. sry i mis read your post blane, i dont want this to turn into another bashing thread.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
blane im taking 1000mg of milk thistle everyday. ive done more research on sd then you ll ever know. 2 months worth before starting..
may want to consider some ALA and/or NAC as well.
im guessing its something with my diet, or im just a non responder.
posting the diet would narrow it down a bit

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont really worry to much about my lipid values, but thats just me...i dont want this to turn into another bashing thread.
we won't let it get to that, but...lipids are a serious issue not to be taken lightly.

coronas

Banned
Awards
well ill make this short and simple. breakfast will consist of cereal, juice, nutra grain bar, muffin and a banana. ill go to the gym short time after, then come home and have lunch. usually chicken, fish, or some type of meat, with sides of rice or veggies. with lots of water. dinner comes loaded with alot of veggies and protein. almost same as lunch but i eat alot more, and the food is usually better. again drinking alot of water. later in the night ill either have icecream or a pbj with milk... this diet isnt anything special, but i know im getting in alot of proteins and plenty of natural vitamins. i dont eat junk foods anymore, and i rarely have "snacks" or soda. hope this helps.

coronas

Banned
Awards
oh and as for the times these meals occur. breakfast anywhere between 11am-12.. lunch 2-4... dinner 6-8.

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
the mystery is solved

???? That is a teenager's diet. Not a diet of someone on exogenous hormones.

This was my first attempt at a bulking diet:

9 AM - 1 egg, 7 egg whites, 3 pieces turkey bacon, 1 tsp olive oil
330 cal, 39 P / 3 C / 17 F

11 AM - 1/2 cup mixed oats, whey shake
392 cal, 59 / 31 / 3

1 PM - 5 oz chicken breast, 2 slices flax bread, .5 oz cheese, 1 tbsp eggless mayo
485 cal, 61 / 15 / 19

3:30 PM - 2 cans tuna, 1/2 cup oats
421 cal, 72 / 29 / 5

5 PM - weights (DC rotation)

6 PM - whey, 1 pkg instant sugary oatmeal
275 cal, 26 / 32 / 2

6:30 PM - whey, 1 pkg instant sugary oatmeal
275 cal, 26 / 32 / 2

8 PM - 5 oz striploin steak, 1 cup broccoli, 50g whole wheat pasta, 2 tsp EVOO
608 cal, 56 / 50 / 20

9:30 PM - 1 cup skim milk, 1 serving fat free pudding, whey
233 cal, 9 / 20 / 0

10:30 PM - 1 Tbsp flax oil, 1/2 oz almonds
202 cal, 3 / 3 / 21

Total: 3300, 372 P / 236 C / 91 F

Most people said increase the carbs, lower the protein... but that is how you are supposed to eat. Every 2 or 2.5 hours. Protein at every meal.

coronas

Banned
Awards
well i wanted to make it short and simple. i dont have time to check every single nutritional fact about what im eating. sure my diet is nothing compared to yours spitboy. i eat as much as i possibly can, thats all i can say. my lack of gains may actually be due to my diet, but i know im eating healthier and wayy more than i ever did before i started sd.

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
well i wanted to make it short and simple. i dont have time to check every single nutritional fact about what im eating. sure my diet is nothing compared to yours spitboy. i eat as much as i possibly can, thats all i can say. my lack of gains may actually be due to my diet, but i know im eating healthier and wayy more than i ever did before i started sd.
Hey please don't take it like I'm lecturing you.. I'm an amateur at this myself. But those are pretty standard diet routines... eating every 2 or 3 hours, protein at every meal, lots of complex carbs, and at least 1.5g of protein per pound. Most people would say you should have the nutrition down to a science before taxing your body with hormones... as you see, you can't gain crap eating like that.

coronas

Banned
Awards
well imo your no amateur if you've got your diet down like you do.. good job on that btw. ill take your advice. guess i gotta start eating more than i thought. and i thought i was eating alot. dont get me wrong, i eat well beyond the "im feeling full" and into the oh man i gotta lay down for a while feeling. gonna go reevaluate my diet, thx for the input.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
eating healthier is comendable at the very least. What the point that is trying to be expressed is that if you don't know how much you are eating in facts like total calories you are not providing yourself with the opportunity for succes. You need a surplus of calories to gain weight. Eating all you can is a start, but eating the right amount is better.

coronas

Banned
Awards
i will definately start recording how much calories and protein im taking in now. im also gonna go out and purchase a weight gainer shake to get things going again. i was on american mass (weight gainer shake) for the first week, but it ran out so quick i was to lazy to go out and get another. i regret that decision now.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
hey coronas.....im here to help bros not bash them. you asked for help and we are trying to help you figure the problem out. now if you start getting headaches then i would buy some hawthorne berry....that should help with your bloodpressure. what are you planning on doing for pct?

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I guess it goes to show that even decent steroids ain't nothing if diet and other basic factors aren't up to snuff.

coronas

Banned
Awards
yah i know blane, i appreciate all the help. my diet seems to be the problem. as for pct, i have rebound and novedex xt. sure, people will advise me to take nolvadex or clomid, but ive read users have had success with rebound or novedex for pct. ill first do the bottle of rebound, then follow it up with the novedex. not sure how to dose the rebound, so if anyone knows of a good way, let me know. or maybe someone knows an efficient way of dosing both? oh and ill continue to use MT throughout the rest of the cycle and into PCT. i will be running out of the other supplements soon.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
You said it did nothing? Did it at least shrivel your boys up and kill your libido? If not, maybe you just need to increase doseage because thats a common complaint of people who are successfull with SD.

coronas

Banned
Awards
my strength is up some. i seem to be more muscular, but that might be the psychological effect. ive been pissin like a mofo lately, guess im loosin all the water weight. but im redoing my whole diet routine, thx to some helpful folks here. as for the boys, they seem to be fully functional still. the morning woods keep poppin, which is always a good sign. g/f has been in the hospital for a while now, so ive been horny like crazy, but its under control since theirs nothin i can do! i might just increase the dose so i can get somewhat of a gain before this cycle is over, but that hasnt been decided yet and will need careful consideration.

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
One other thing...

SD sneaks up on you. I went a couple of weeks thinking the same thing, and although I had to abandon my cycle for other reasons, I started to detect the changes towards the end of that period.

Stay the course, and if you need to adjust things on your next cycle, then you can do that.

But adding up the calories and staying as clean as possible, seems to be critical.

I found that 10 mg was definitely too low for me, but some people might respond very well to that - I had to start this way to figure out how my body responded.

Regards,
R

coronas

Banned
Awards
well i just went out and purchased a weight gainer shake. 1640 calories, 74 grams of protein per shake. this is a large shake. says should be taken with 24 oz water or low fat milk. i will divide that and take a serving after a workout, and 1 before bed. guy at the health store said it was better to do this. this will def. help out with the calorie and protein intake, i just hope i can still gain with the 2 weeks or so left. obviously gonna eat alot more as well. rhyalus, how long into your cycle did you begin to notice a mass increase? im gonna increase the dose to 30 mg (not a wise decision i know this) and MIGHT go an extra week at 10 or 20mg after i should be done. i know i kinda screwed up the cycle, but theres still some time left.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
blane im taking 1000mg of milk thistle everyday. ive done more research on sd then you ll ever know. 2 months worth before starting.. im guessing its something with my diet, or im just a non responder.
Hey Bro, Like others have said probably just the diet. Also, week 3 was where I saw the gains. I was eating ~ every 2 -3 hrs, ~20-30gr protein/30-45 gr CHO per meal & about 30 -50 grams fat per day. Usually about 7 meals: 7am, 10am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm(pre-wo shake), 5:30pm(PWO shake), 6:30pm, pre-bed~9:30-10pm(Muscle Milk and natty PB on 9 grain bread) . I would even scoff down a yogurt on the way to the toilet in the middle of the nite. Not exact science but it works for me evidenced by lean gains which I kept. Don't get too stressed over it, you'll do fine :D

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well i just went out and purchased a weight gainer shake. 1640 calories, 74 grams of protein per shake. this is a large shake. says should be taken with 24 oz water or low fat milk. i will divide that and take a serving after a workout, and 1 before bed. guy at the health store said it was better to do this. this will def. help out with the calorie and protein intake, i just hope i can still gain with the 2 weeks or so left. obviously gonna eat alot more as well. rhyalus, how long into your cycle did you begin to notice a mass increase? im gonna increase the dose to 30 mg (not a wise decision i know this) and MIGHT go an extra week at 10 or 20mg after i should be done. i know i kinda screwed up the cycle, but theres still some time left.
This is not the answer, you need to sit down and figure out a better routine for your diet with food, not shakes. Weight gainers are a waste of time and money. I would also venture to say that 2 weeks is not time enough to validate SD's abilities. Personally I think you should stop the cycle, and get your diet and training squared away before trying a hormonal supplement again. This will help more than any steroid ever will.

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
I would surmise that you definately need to add some protein to your breakfast. There just isn't enough protein in what you have listed. Remember that while you are sleeping you create a natural fast and your body needs aminos in the form of fast acting protein asap. I would add in a whey shake or a few eggs. The gainer should help, but it may take more than just adding a weight gainer to get your diet right. I would try to shy away from ice cream and pb&j and move toward a more productive meal. Just as a beginning you might want to switch to all Whole Wheat bread products, brown (instead of white) rice, and sweet (instead of white) potatoes. I know not every body is crazy about these foods, but eating is NOT all about taste. Taste is just a gift that we take for granted.

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
I have to say that this was my first cycle of anything, and I learned alot.

This stuff is not magic. You don't wake up one day looking like Ronnie Coleman. It is a slow progression that is hard to see when you are scrutinizing yourself in the mirror every six hours.

I went one week on 10mg and then a 2nd week at 20mg. I weigh 228lbs, but I did not want to start too high, especially if I was a quick responder.

Although I didn't think that much was going on, it was. I decided to stop due to a back problem (note my avatar), and I started an abbreviated PCT. Oddly enough - the pumps became evident on the first work out of my PCT (aaargh!).

So four weeks is the course that one should take to balance results and liver/lipid effects, and you have to stay patient and focused. My biggest problem is that I gain abdominal fat easily, and as I was increasing my caloric intake, I was not as "clean" as I should have been. I was still eating good foods, but I was not as strict as I am normally, and I had a lot of meals with too much fat.

In the end, I am up about 4-5 lbs. After I decide what to do about my back, I'll plot a course for the future. I will definitely re-visit SD and go the full cycle.

Regards,
R

coronas

Banned
Awards
let us know when you decide to start again... btw, what is wrong with your back? scoliosis? (definately cant spell that)

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
... i dont have time to check every single nutritional fact about what im eating....
Look....i'm not trying to be a jerk, but you're gonna have to make some time. It stinks, I know....but it has to be done.
You can get on fitday.com and set up some meals and see what your macros come out to. I'm pretty sure you'll be surprised...I bet you're falling way short of where you think you are.

But...as for quick tips, have a protein shake with some kind of carb immediately after workout....then an hour or 2 later, have another meal with carbs (more than you think you can eat..lol) and chicken...also, put a protein shake with very low carbs and a tblspn of EFA's between your lunch and your dinner....and again before bed. If you want something besides the efa's then....have some almonds or walnuts.

That right there almost doubles your meals. Plus, if you're lifting, I would try to get some kind of protein at every meal. Even if you have to eat chicken pieces out of a ziplock bag with your fingers.

It takes a while to get a solid diet routine down....that's actually the hardest part.
I would end this cycle when you originally planned and then after you find a diet routine that gets you growing....add in the SD later to multipy the growth you already know your getting.

Best 2ya bro,
-2z-

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
let us know when you decide to start again... btw, what is wrong with your back? scoliosis? (definately cant spell that)
That is a herniated disc.

If I need big ugly surgery, it will be 2-3 months of no lifting.

Then it will take me months to get back to where it would be reasonable to try AAS.

Good luck,
R