Nailing down cause of hair loss

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am just finishing PCT on a Prop/Tren A cycle (finishing 3rd week of pct) and am experiencing more hair loss than I usually get from using nolvadex during pct. Hence I am trying to figure out the cause of this so I can halt it quickly.

Could it be the tren causing latent hair loss? I didn't notice much of any hair loss while on the tren (it all came from the prop as far as I could tell) and the ester has long since cleared my system.

I was not taking any hair care products at all during the pct (so no shedding due to spiro or finasteride etc). Today I am starting finasteride at an appreciable dose. I am also not taking other ancillaries that might be causing the problem.

I am also calling off pct after 3 weeks to see if dropping the nolva will help reduce the additional hair loss. It should help a little.

Right now my main concern is getting the hairloss to stop intially. I can then take as long as I need to figure out what works for me for regrowth etc. TIA for the input on this matter.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Fastflight- Can you elaborate on this? How much iron and why?

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
I realized,that despite the pure androgen-caused hairloss during my Test and Winny cycle
was eased by the supplementation of iron.

I was reading on iron supplementation and that a deficite on iron may cause depression,hairloss and scars in the corner of the mouth.

i was also reading articles on pubmed,that winny causes the serum-iron to fall,plus my
thoughts on the red blood cell count,going up during the cycle,I was up to buying some iron supps and it really helped me shedding less hair.
Befor I could see my hair in the pillow when waking up ,and in the sink.
Now,after a year,it really has grown back and I´m always watching to take some iron.

It is 5-15mg pure iron a day bound to a sugar or a salt.
I´m using iron-dextrose cause you can take it along with food and it will always be well absorbed in contrast to salts,where it competes with minerals and acids for absorption .

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestion. I will look and make sure I am getting plenty of iron in my diet. I should be but will check to make sure.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was doing some reading on hairlosstalk.com today and learned (relearned) a few things.

Since I am not on any androgens now and still experiencing shedding (increased shedding) I have an idea what the cause might be. I read that while on finasteride/minoxidil you often see an increase in shedding (this we know) and that is a good thing since it means the hair is recycling hopefully thicker/stronger etc.

My thought is that if I don't take any finasteride/minoxidil right now I can wait it out and see how long it takes for it to slow down and how much grows back stronger and thicker on its own....Then start the finasteride and minoxidil if I am not satisfied with how much has grown back and give it at least 6 months to a year to evaluate the effectiveness of the drugs.

During that time If I used any androgens I would have to make certain there was no chance of significant hair loss on them. I will also be using Nizoral more faithfully now to help condition the scalp properly and I will try to avoid working out in the heat (can't help).

What do you guys think about this?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I was doing some reading on hairlosstalk.com today and learned (relearned) a few things.

Since I am not on any androgens now and still experiencing shedding (increased shedding) I have an idea what the cause might be. I read that while on finasteride/minoxidil you often see an increase in shedding (this we know) and that is a good thing since it means the hair is recycling hopefully thicker/stronger etc.

My thought is that if I don't take any finasteride/minoxidil right now I can wait it out and see how long it takes for it to slow down and how much grows back stronger and thicker on its own....Then start the finasteride and minoxidil if I am not satisfied with how much has grown back and give it at least 6 months to a year to evaluate the effectiveness of the drugs.

During that time If I used any androgens I would have to make certain there was no chance of significant hair loss on them. I will also be using Nizoral more faithfully now to help condition the scalp properly and I will try to avoid working out in the heat (can't help).

What do you guys think about this?
I think it's a good theory and am interested in finding out more about it too.

I usually lose hair on cycle and post cycle and then if I stay off AAS for awhile, I tend to grow most of it back.

I've been off aqndrogens for a few months now and will continue to be AAS free for at least the rest of this year....maybe longer...one of the reasons I'm staying natty at the moment is to see how this minox/aa 5% combo topical is to try and grow back a little temple hair that I've lost in the past 1-2 years from AAS.

And your theory kinda is the same question I've been thinking about.>>>

>>>If you use minox/aa and experience that shedding at first...then were to quit using it, would the hairs grow back stronger/thicker still? Kinda the same thing you're pondering...dunno???