Fenugreek and Male Lactation

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Ive been using fenugreek for a few weeks to combat shrinkage due to a SD cycle. Tonight, I notice a bit of lactation from my nipples. I have no gyno, and have never had gyno. Is this a normal side effect from the fenugreek? Or are there other hormonal issues I should be worried about? If I cease and desist with the fenugreek, will it go away?

Fiancee is all over me to stop everything!!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
This is the first I've heard of this occuring in a man. I'd say stop and see if it correlates to the fen.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I remember seeing Pheendo say that its active ingredient was a lab precursor to progesterone but something that it lacked the enzyme so the body couldn't convert it so its considered a phyto-estrogen. I'll try to find that post. Sorry to hear that, I love Fenugreek.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It could just be estrogen rebound from the cycle too, but yeah I'd be curious to see if Fen was a causal agent.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
it is probably the cycle bro esp. if you are not using other PCT products

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Being that the cycle was SD, isn't it possible (however unlikely) that progesterone sides can occur ?

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Well, Everything has been fine off cycle for close to a month. No problems at all. I actually woke up this morning and could not repeat the process. All that occurred was that a little drop of liquid came out of my nipples when I squeezed them hard. The drop was about what you wold see come out of an ant bite or something. It was just clear fluid. I was taking about 500-600mg of fenugreek every night. To be honest, I sort of overdid thefenugreek b/c of its major libido enhancing effects. I've done M1T, as well as some other major anabolics and never had any issues with progesterone. I know that fenugreek is a galactagogue, and made post about it here some while back. I just did not think that it would have the same effect in men. But if indeed it will cause progesterone sides, then that may in fact explain my overall feelings of well-being the last few weeks. Just stopping the greek. Hopefully, correct hormonal balance will occur. Dosing a little nolva just to prevent things from getting out of control.

All in all, this is quite an interesting side effect. I know it's the greek and not my past cycle(s). I know PCT very well, and have always done more than the proper PCT on any cycle. This is just the first time I tried greek, and fell in love with how amazing of a substance it is. Word to the wise: don't take greek longer than 2 weeks tops!

anabolicfreak

Awards
I've taken fenugreek for weeks straight starting at around 2.5g per day progressing up to 3.5g per day without any negative side effects.
You're the first person I've ever heard of that had problems with fenugreek and you were running it at fairly low doses if you were only taking 500mg-600mg per day.
It's hard for me to believe that it is the cause.

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
Pax, please keep us informed on this Bro.

jkaz182003

Banned
Awards
how well does fenugreek work while you are on cycle when you are completely shut down, does it still give you a libido enhancement

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I remember seeing Pheendo say that its active ingredient was a lab precursor to progesterone but something that it lacked the enzyme so the body couldn't convert it so its considered a phyto-estrogen. I'll try to find that post. Sorry to hear that, I love Fenugreek.
yup, that was over at MMI bro. i asked him a question about fenu and DHEA during PCT. i'll find his response and post it.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
ah, here is his response....

DHEA is certainly a consideration but I'm not one to have used it before.
Mixed results in lipid effects stem from experimentation. Some showing improved profiles of increased HDL and lowered LDL. Some studies showing drastic drops in HDL which would be quite dterimental to the health of anyone using it during PCT. Some immuno-repsonse postives as well as possible physical flexibility and endurance inhancment.
You also have to consider that DHEA is not only converted into testosterone from cholesterol, but it's also converted into estrogen which is the main inhibitance to PCT. I personally think the effect of either coversion is minimal as adrenal function is going to be minimal during the entrance to post cycle therapy. DSF could aid with that
Another potential problem is tha DHEA raises levels of cholecystokinin(CK), the hormone that tells your brain that you've had enough to eat, which I could see as a major problem for anyone in PCT, as this could possibly thwart any possible anti-catabolic effect by ultimately decreasing a persons desire to feed.

I would not use fenugreek. It's active inegregiant, dosinigen is a lab precusror to progesterone(the human body lacks an actual enzyme to convert) and is considered a phyto estrogen. It's aids in synthsising DHEA but also potentially antagonizes the PRL so prolactin might rise. DHEA actually supresses prolactin. In short, DHEA would be a faster way to get to point B from point A

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I got gyno about week ago, I haven't used any ph's since end of april. All I can think of may cause gyno is forskolin, but now reading this thread... I've been using fenugreek at about 2 g a day.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I got gyno about week ago, I haven't used any ph's since end of april. All I can think of may cause gyno is forskolin, but now reading this thread... I've been using fenugreek at about 2 g a day.
I don't see that's it's a real 'gyno' concern so much as a just it's lactation potential.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Is it B6 that people take for Prog sides? If not...sorry I'm still half asleep.
I'd give that a shot if your lactating.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Okay,

I got off the fenugreek, and everything else, other than the CoQ10, Policosanol and ALA I use on a daily basis. The problem has resolved, and I cannot reproduce it. I 100% feel that the very slight lactation (again, it was just a few drops of liquid after squeezing my nipples) was due to the fenugreek. The only reason I noticed anything in the first place was because I felt a very slight wet spot on my shirt while I had it on. After took off shirt, squeezed nip, and had to do it pretty hard, but some clear liquid did in fact come out of both nipples, a drop about the size of one drop from an eyedropper.

The problem has now resolved. If I see it occur again in the next few days, even after stopping the greek, I guess all I can do is to hit some test cyp for a few weeks, just go back on cycle, and then come off again without the greek. But for now, everything appears to be back to normal.

I am strongly cautioning everyone to use a moderate amount of fenugreek, and to use it for not longer than a week max. I have an EXTREMELY tolerant body, and after many cycles have never had any of the harsh sides, or after-effects, other than screwed up lipids and elevated liver enzymes. So this whole experience has been a shock. But I think some more investigation needs to be done with fenugreek to determine its true nature and true side effects.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
""FYI, there is a tribe in Africa where the eldery men's sole purpose is to breastfeed the babies and children of the tribe. They ingest various herbs and plants to further stimulate their milk production. This article could probably use a bit of revision. ;)"
-- Vivianne

Now thats f'd up.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to bump this and see if there was anymore comments or individuals that experienced the same thing.

I too could have sworn that Fenotest aggravated my nips in a similair way. I never did squeeze it but a minor lump showed up after I was done the bottle.

Just a quick search on Medline supports this fact..
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12192964&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum

Would a mild Anti-Estrogen/Anti-prolactin supp such as....say Vitex Agnus help in this scenario....assuming the Fenugreek was the culprit?

This way one could still get the natural test increase and libido benefits.

Thanks

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Get some cabergoline or bromocriptine from a board sponsor. It works....WONDERS!

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Been researching this one a little. If one was paranoid about the fenugreek thing causing lactation, or if it did in fact cause it in some individuals, couldn't one simply supplement with some of the more common/cheap prolacton inhibiting substances such as Vitex and/or Tyramine while taking Fenugreek. This way you could reep the benefits of Fenugreek, especially the libido benefits while the same time minimizing any possible negative side effects.

I'm thinking about trying it in the coming weeks.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Been researching this one a little. If one was paranoid about the fenugreek thing causing lactation, or if it did in fact cause it in some individuals, couldn't one simply supplement with some of the more common/cheap prolacton inhibiting substances such as Vitex and/or Tyramine while taking Fenugreek. This way you could reep the benefits of Fenugreek, especially the libido benefits while the same time minimizing any possible negative side effects.

I'm thinking about trying it in the coming weeks.
Thats what I was thinking. I had a little nipple sensitivity towards the end of a TRN cycle and I started taking 200mg of B6 per day. I have not had problems since and I am now done with PCT. I would rather not take a drug with possible side effects unless I feel it is absolutely needed.

On a side note, ALRI is coming out with Restore which is going to be like an anti-cortisol/anti-prolactin/anti-estrogen type supplement. Sounds very interesting and the ingredient profile looks great.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
When it comes to being a man and having **** leak out of your nipple... why would you want a "cheap" substance. Drop the money and get some cabergoline for research purposes.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bro- it WAS the cycle. This happened to me also. It lasted a few weeks after the cycle. I did not use Fenu- in my PCT.
Of course it did not reoccur the next morning. But, try it again the next day. The buildup, within the gland takes a little time, so if you got some out one day, chances are, you wont the next. You just kinda have to check every few days to be able to tell when it stops.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
I have encountered the same problem while using fenugreek. Great libido enhancing effects but made my nipples very puffy and lactate a little as well. Was taking atleast 2g's a day for about a month. B-6 helped reduce this effect somewhat while taking it but after halting the fenu for 2 weeks now, nipples are hardly puffy at all and no longer lactate.

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
funegreek is a intresting libido helper, I think it does have some propertys(outside of smelling like maple) that can be helpful to the body, but its better in Women because its able to help product milk. There are study's being done for this purpose, while i tried the product when it first came out, never felt much outside of a mild boost in libido. Thank god nothing came out of my pec's.

Dr liftalot

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Ive been using fenugreek for a few weeks to combat shrinkage due to a superdrol cycle. Tonight, I notice a bit of lactation from my nipples. I have no gyno, and have never had gyno. Is this a normal side effect from the fenugreek? Or are there other hormonal issues I should be worried about? If I cease and desist with the fenugreek, will it go away?

Fiancee is all over me to stop everything!!
Doesn't surprise me.

Women use fenugreek to supplemeent "natural breast enlargement" and one of the common side effects is lactation.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
You homos need to stop playin' with your boobs so much and go to the gym like a real man! Maybe they wouldn't leak so bad that way. :D

OK seriously, I know lactation is no laughing matter, but I've used fen for the last 8-9 years and never had a problem. I guess some may need to be careful with it though.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I know its hard but you gotta stop squeezing your nips.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I know its hard but you gotta stop squeezing your nips.
It's an OCD thing I think. We've all done it because we want to monitor that it's getting better, but like you say, it must be controlled or you only make it worse.

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
You homos need to stop playin' with your boobs so much and go to the gym like a real man! Maybe they wouldn't leak so bad that way. :D

OK seriously, I know lactation is no laughing matter, but I've used fen for the last 8-9 years and never had a problem. I guess some may need to be careful with it though.
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

I've had gyno since puberty...I NEVER pinch my nips..lol. that **** hurts man.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: but the best advice! Stop playin with your titties!