Raloxifene

Coolkat

Awards
What is this stuff? I vaugely remember it as some kinda of anti-E or something. Is it better than others ?

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Its a newer generation SERM. It does appear to be better than tamoxifen. Less toxic, appears to have more success for reduction of gyno.

I have posted a study or two about its use for glandular gyno, but hell if I can find it now. Just search around for raloxifene. You can also hit pubmed or bmj for a good bit of info

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
There's not a lot of feedback on it except for gyno treatment. Anyone tried it for PCT? If so, how does it compare to tamox.?

ILoco

Awards
I used it for an SD PCT. Worked just as well as nolva.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
I used it for an SD PCT. Worked just as well as nolva.
not trying to be a dick but did you have blood work done before and after the cycle and nolva?

otherwise you don't know for sure that is worked as well

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
not trying to be a dick but did you have blood work done before and after the cycle and nolva?

otherwise you don't know for sure that is worked as well
Good point. Dr. D said this stuff should be better for pct as a whole. I planned on using for pct on my first 12 wk aas cycle coming up in less than a month. I will get bloodwok done after my cycle to let you guys see how it came out if thats what I decide to use and will get bloodwork done in a couple weeks so I have a reference point.

It is good to see someone tried it for pct on something but a 3 weeker isn't that long. I am not saying you don't shutdown in that time but it would be nice to see someone use it for a 10-12 week cycle so we all can see how it works when shutdown for a really long time.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not sure yet, Dr.D seems to really like this stuff. I am going to try to pm him soon to see what he thinks I should run it at and what else he thinks I should take along with it.. I thought I so a good pct protocal for it would be 130/100/90/60. But I could be wrong. Hopefully he sees this thread and wouldn't mind sharing some knowledge. If he doesn't see it when I figure out what I'm going to do I'll post it in a my first cycle thread.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
The long thread on ralox seems to suggest that it is best used on gyno treatment (pre-existing) not pct....

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
There's a post in the long ralox. thread in the supps section that max32 is refering to where a guy says it's not as strong as tamox. He also says that Dr. D used it for PCT as well and agreed.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Found what you are talking about. Thanks max and jas. I saw dr. d posted ralox was great in a diff. thread for pct. as he had already used it before. Guess I'll have to stick with nolva, god i hate that stuff. I am going to see if I could get him to chime in on this thread. I would really rather hear it from him.

This may work well for gyno, but it's the PCT application that excites me! This is the only SERM that ever made me cream my jeans before. Strong stuff, but only 1/3 as toxic as Nolva.

Dr.D posted this in a different thread. Just don't understand how one time it did work and the other time it didn't.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D posted this in a different thread. Just don't understand how one time it did work and the other time it didn't.
Sorry for the confusion! I was referring to Toremifene Citrate (Fareston). It's the one I have experience with, about 4 PCTs.

The ralox has 3 advantages. One, it is the least toxic of them all with a relatively short half life. Two, it is good for gyno specifically. And last, it is a good calcium loader in bones. It is not really suited for PCT. I recently initiated a PCT with it starting at 120mg and working up to 240mg after a few weeks. The effects were not dramatic. In fact, I had to abort the ralox and salvage with Clomid. I think it may be best to kick PCT into gear with Clomid (or Nolva) then switch to ralox as a finisher after 3-4 wks, just to give your liver a break. It is certainly not strong enough to start a PCT with. The disadvantage is very poor bioavailabilty. Like 2% of an oral dose, that's the real problem. An injectable form would probably kick ass.

Again, toremifene is the best SERM I've ever used and I didn't mean to cause any confusion. I currently feel that the best application for ralox is to finish long PCTs or to use on cycle as a non-toxic gyno med.

I hear you about the Nolva though, Max. It kills my libido bad and Clomid makes me so emotional. I wish someone would start selling research grade toremifene. PM your sponsors! Demand it!! :head:

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well guess I'll be doing a nolva clomid combo for pct then. Already tried with the toremifene. I will keep trying though. It definately would help if others asked as well.
Thanks for the info Dr.D.