Nolva during a cycle

mikeblasting

Awards
I've heard that running 20mg daily for extended periods of time can cause problems? I wasn't planning on running it longer than about 15 weeks. I can't find anything on it.

Anyone have info on it?

Spitdeath

Awards
I ran it at 10mg a day for 9 weeks of a test/tren cycle hoping it would help with lipids. Never had any trouble at that dose.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
did it help with the lipids?

edit: i mean 'significantly' help

Last edited:

mikeblasting

Awards
I'll definately be monitoring my liver function and lipids.

Thanks for the input.

Guido

Awards
Nolva is an estrogen receptor blocker. Testosterone indirectly increases LDL and lowers HDL (This is bad). Estrogen indirectly does the opposite, increasing HDL and lowering LDL (this is a good situation). So you can see that something that blocks the effects of estrogen will actually exacerbate the dyslipidemia caused by AAS. Taking Nolva on cycle would help with the bloat associated with the increased estrogen, but wouldnt have a favorable effect on blood lipids.

Spitdeath

Awards
Nolva acts as a estrogen in the liver so it improves cholesterol.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nolva acts as a estrogen in the liver so it improves cholesterol.
Same here. I asked this question not long ago and got shot down by "well its liver toxic so..". I have a hard time finding that 10mg Nolva is going to be very toxic on the liver. Weigh the pros and cons, I would like to see some opinions.

mikeblasting

Awards
^^ bump.

For as much info that's already out there... you'd think there would be a concrete answer, but people are so divided on this issue.

I'm thinking about just running Arimidex or Letro.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I believe the toxicity issues and nolva are exaggerated, females run nolva are higher dose than bodybuilders do - and year round. Unless females have 'better' livers, than I believe we are safe. (this is completely my opinion - I have no study for this)
I may just add 10mg Nolva to every cycle.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
What about using a steriodal AI instead of Armidex or Letro? Don't those improve lipids?

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
nolva is in itself a weak synthetic estrogen and yes it dramatically improves lipids AIs are the exact opposite bad for lipids

I always run nolva with cycles!!!

but I also have a bit of gyno so I have no choice.

SigEp05

Awards
do u experience any decrease in gains when u run nolva on-cycle?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I believe the toxicity issues and nolva are exaggerated, females run nolva are higher dose than bodybuilders do - and year round. Unless females have 'better' livers, than I believe we are safe. (this is completely my opinion - I have no study for this)
I may just add 10mg Nolva to every cycle.
do it bro. i'm running 20mg for the duration of this badboy.

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
nolva is in itself a weak synthetic estrogen and yes it dramatically improves lipids AIs are the exact opposite bad for lipids

This is only true of non-steroidal AI's

Spitdeath

Awards
did it help with the lipids?

edit: i mean 'significantly' help
Well I never got it tested but whenever I cut myself my blood comes out the same consistency as chunky peanut butter is that bad? :blink:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
depends. how many times do you regularly cut yourself? :)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
do it bro. i'm running 20mg for the duration of this badboy.
haha now you should have told me before. I'm been walking around with a bloated face and neck. I've even lost the majority of my friends because I look so stupid. ahh well

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
do u experience any decrease in gains when u run nolva on-cycle?
nolva shouldn't. armidex may - I think the gains are probably just 'leaner'.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I always do 10 mg as gyno prevention and never had liver issues, I used it since day 1.

UberPooper1

Awards
  • Established
take 10mg m/w/f...dont feel like you have to take it everday.

Guido

Awards
nolva shouldn't. armidex may - I think the gains are probably just 'leaner'.
Yeah it's kinda a trade off. Lots of the gains from highly aromatizing compounds are due to just that, the aromatization and water retention from the estrogen. It's up to you, if you're lucky enough that your muscles get all the water and look like they're going to bust out of your skin, and your waist and face remain unbloated, then all the power to you (and I HATE you, lol). But most of us bloat uniformly, so using something like arimidex or Nolva on cycle should help. I'm starting with only 0.25 mg/day arimidex and MAYBE up to to 0.5 mg/day as i approach 1000 mg/week sustanon. I'll have to see how my face looks.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always do 10 mg as gyno prevention and never had liver issues, I used it since day 1.
how would 10mg nolva ED and say an AI taken EOD(like Adex .5mg EOD) workout? I was considering this at least if the AI is not enough you are covered with the nolva blocking the receptor. What do you guys think of low nolva and low AI dose on cycle? I never heard of anyone really doing this, they usually run one or the other so im curious how that would turn out.