aspiration and blood 'specks': am i doing this correctly?

  1. aspiration and blood 'specks': am i doing this correctly?


    My injections always go smooth, but the situation is this:

    Following an injection in the glutes, the syringe often has what I can only describe as little blood "specks". This is only after the injection. What does this mean?

    As for the pinning procedure, I'm not quite sure how to tell if I hit a vein (I never have, I don't think). I know blood should rapidly fill the plunger (using 25g 1-1.5" pins). But this has never happened, I am concerned however, because small specs of blood remain in the plunger after the procedure...

    can anyone describe what I should see if I actually do hit the vein?

    I feel I'm aspirating the needle incorrectly... or not enough? ?
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com


  2. no biggie. probably knicked a blood vessel going in. as long as you aspirate and don't see blood, nothing to worry about.

  3. I'm in a similar boat I think.

    I aspirate every time and I've never seen any blood in the syringe, however one time despite no blood in the syringe, after I injected I felt like I was going to cough out a lung. It was awful. From what I've heard, that's what happens when you inject into a vein. Scared the crap out of me, except I remembered it takes something like 10cc's of oil into a vein to kill you. Nonetheless it was still pretty friggin scary.

    I still aspirate but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly anymore. Basically all I do is stick the needle in, then while holding it steady with one hand I pull back on the plunger with the other and hold for a second or two. If there's no red in the syringe after the two seconds, then I continue with the injection.
    •   
       


  4. sounds correct to me. otherwise, i'm ****ing up too.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    I'm in a similar boat I think.

    I aspirate every time and I've never seen any blood in the syringe, however one time despite no blood in the syringe, after I injected I felt like I was going to cough out a lung. It was awful. From what I've heard, that's what happens when you inject into a vein. Scared the crap out of me, except I remembered it takes something like 10cc's of oil into a vein to kill you. Nonetheless it was still pretty friggin scary.

    I still aspirate but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly anymore. Basically all I do is stick the needle in, then while holding it steady with one hand I pull back on the plunger with the other and hold for a second or two. If there's no red in the syringe after the two seconds, then I continue with the injection.
    That would scare the crap out of me man. Why don't you think you aspirate correctly. As long as you don't pull back and see blood you should be good to go right?

  6. how quickly would blood enter a 25g pin?
    I pull back for 3-5seconds... sometimes 2 times.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  7. just long enough to pull back. if blood is going to draw, it'll be quick.

  8. can I just shoot the oil into my mouth instead of pinning IM? wait I'll do a search.

    edit: nevermind

    thank you beelze
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    can I just shoot the oil into my mouth instead of pinning IM? wait I'll do a search.

    edit: nevermind

    thank you beelze
    i got something you can shoot in your mouth little fella.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    i got something you can shoot in your mouth little fella.
    ROFL!

    I got the specks a couple times before, too. I just go ahead and move over a couple inches anyway just to be safe. I think its from wiggling a bit too much. I was getting them when I'd aspirate too many times LOL. I'd push in 1/4 cc, aspirate, repeat until done, LOLOLOLOL..

    now I just stick it in there fast, aspirate, pin it as fast as the pluger will fall

    Oh,and deo...try the 23g 1.5" some time. I think I "may" actually prefer them to the 25g 1".... once he 23 g is in 1.5" you don't even know its there. the 25g feels like its pointy little head is always buggin something.

  11. It happens to me when I get stingy and push every little drop of oil in, (afterwards creating negative pressure) and while I pull out I think I pass a little vessel that was knicked on the way in... voila, little specks of blood.. .no problem at all. I tell myself this explanation and it makes me happy.

    peace
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Am I doing this the healthy way?
    By amber2685 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 01:36 AM
  2. Am I doing this keto diet corect?
    By ahsswimmaster in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 01:49 PM
  3. Am I doing this right??
    By Thaiclinch in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Log in
Log in