Ultra HOT Vs. Novedex XT

  1. New Member
    Anarchy939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    359
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    83.11%

    Ultra HOT Vs. Novedex XT


    Alright, as you know HOT is discontinued.. Well, I am running PCT ATM and have only a few nights left worth of my bottle... I have a new bottle of Gaspari's Novedex XT as well.. Would Novedex suffice for my PCT? I ask because HOT seems to keep test levels elevated without the need of FSH or LH in the system, and I am wondering if the ATD is responsible for this, or if it is another compound in HOT that Novedex lacks.

  2. Registered User
    revodrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    673
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Please keep yourself informed as UH is NOT discontinued. A new product called Ultra Hotter will be out next week. As I emailed you, supplementkings has the reg. UH
  3. New Member
    Anarchy939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    359
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    83.11%

    Quote Originally Posted by revodrew
    Please keep yourself informed as UH is NOT discontinued. A new product called Ultra Hotter will be out next week. As I emailed you, supplementkings has the reg. UH
    Are you sure Suppkings still has it in stock? I made a purchase from them for sesathin back when it was "hard to come by," as they listed it as "in stock," but didn't get my order shipped for about a month, after all other stores had gotten it back in stock already. I guess I just question their accuracy of stock listing..
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    revodrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    673
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    64.66%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    OHHH, I did get an email stateing that the product was shipped. I will email the owner and see whats up and get back to you.
    Drew
  5. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Here is a little info about Novedex XT


    Ziegenfuss T.N., Mendel R.W., and Hofheins J.E. Safety and Efficacy of a Commercially- Available, Naturally-Occurring, Aromatase Inhibitor in Healthy Men.Ohio Research Group of Exercise Science and Sports Nutrition. Wadsworth, Ohio 44281, USA.

    Rationale:In healthy eugonadal men, it is known that blocking estrogen formation stimulates thehypothalamic-pituitary-testicular (HPT) axis to increase in vivo androgen production. Recently, a new class of dietary supplements has appeared that claim to inhibit the aromatase enzyme (i.e., decrease the transformation of aromatizable androgens [androstenedione, DHEA, testosterone] into estrogens [estriol, estrone, estradiol]), leading to an increase in androgen and testosterone formation. Purpose: As the first step in a series of experiments on a popular, over-the-counter aromatase inhibitor, the purpose of this pilot study was to examine the effects of Novedex XT™(NOV-XT) administration on selected hormonal responses (total testosterone [TT], bioavailable testosterone [BT] and estradiol [E2]), as well as serum and plasma markers of renal, hepatic, andhematological function. Methods: Using an open-label, proof-of-concept design, five eugonadal men (mean ± SD age, height, weight, body fat: 31.0 ± 5.3 yr, 177.0 ± 3.8 cm, 86.6 ± 8.7 kg, 15.2 ± 5.4 %) ingested 4 capsules of NOV-XT prior to bed for 28 consecutive days. According to themanufacturer, each capsule of NOV-XT contains 60 mg of a proprietary blend of three naturally-occurring aromatase inhibitors: 6, 17-keto-etiocholene-3-ol tetrahydropyranol ether, 3, 17-keto-etiochol-triene, and 3’,5,7-trihydroxy-4’-methoxyflavone (supplements were provided by an FDA-registered, pharmaceutically licensed manufacturer; confirmation by an external laboratory is pending). Blood samples obtained at baseline (prior to supplementation), and at weekly intervals thereafter for 28 days, were analyzed for TT, BT, and E2 by radioimmunometric and chemilluminetric assays. Subjects were required to maintain their normal dietary and training patterns during the study. All blood samples were obtained at the same time of day (0700-0900) to minimize diurnal variation. Hormone concentrations were statistically analyzed by ANOVA and Tukey’s HSD post-hoc test. Dependent t-tests were used to compare changes in blood chemistries. Statistical significance was accepted at p<0.05. Results: Compared to baseline, NOV-XTadministration rapidly and significantly increased TT and BT. Mean changes from baseline for TT (Figure 1) after one, two, three, and four weeks of NOV-XT administration were: +145% (p<0.006), +183% (p<0.0005), +232% (p<0.0002), and +240% (p<0.0002), respectively. Meanchanges from baseline for BT (Figure 2) after one, two, three, and four weeks of NOV-XTadministration were: +300% (p<0.01), +402% (p<0.0009), +511% (p<0.0002), and +528% (p<0.0002), respectively. Despite these large increases in TT and BT, no significant aromatization to estradiol was observed (i.e., E2 concentrations remained 3-6 pg/mL below baseline at all timepoints). No statistically significant changes in clinical blood chemistries (fasting glucose, BUN, creatinine, bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, albumin, globulin, CO2, total protein, total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, VLDL-cholesterol) or systemic hemodynamics (heart rate, systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure) were observed, nor were any adverse events reported during the study.
  6. New Member
    Anarchy939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    359
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    83.11%

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by size
    Here is a little info about Novedex XT


    Ziegenfuss T.N., Mendel R.W., and Hofheins J.E. Safety and Efficacy of a Commercially- Available, Naturally-Occurring, Aromatase Inhibitor in Healthy Men.Ohio Research Group of Exercise Science and Sports Nutrition. Wadsworth, Ohio 44281, USA.

    Rationale:In healthy eugonadal men, it is known that blocking estrogen formation stimulates thehypothalamic-pituitary-testicular (HPT) axis to increase in vivo androgen production. Recently, a new class of dietary supplements has appeared that claim to inhibit the aromatase enzyme (i.e., decrease the transformation of aromatizable androgens [androstenedione, DHEA, testosterone] into estrogens [estriol, estrone, estradiol]), leading to an increase in androgen and testosterone formation. Purpose: As the first step in a series of experiments on a popular, over-the-counter aromatase inhibitor, the purpose of this pilot study was to examine the effects of Novedex XT™(NOV-XT) administration on selected hormonal responses (total testosterone [TT], bioavailable testosterone [BT] and estradiol [E2]), as well as serum and plasma markers of renal, hepatic, andhematological function. Methods: Using an open-label, proof-of-concept design, five eugonadal men (mean ± SD age, height, weight, body fat: 31.0 ± 5.3 yr, 177.0 ± 3.8 cm, 86.6 ± 8.7 kg, 15.2 ± 5.4 %) ingested 4 capsules of NOV-XT prior to bed for 28 consecutive days. According to themanufacturer, each capsule of NOV-XT contains 60 mg of a proprietary blend of three naturally-occurring aromatase inhibitors: 6, 17-keto-etiocholene-3-ol tetrahydropyranol ether, 3, 17-keto-etiochol-triene, and 3’,5,7-trihydroxy-4’-methoxyflavone (supplements were provided by an FDA-registered, pharmaceutically licensed manufacturer; confirmation by an external laboratory is pending). Blood samples obtained at baseline (prior to supplementation), and at weekly intervals thereafter for 28 days, were analyzed for TT, BT, and E2 by radioimmunometric and chemilluminetric assays. Subjects were required to maintain their normal dietary and training patterns during the study. All blood samples were obtained at the same time of day (0700-0900) to minimize diurnal variation. Hormone concentrations were statistically analyzed by ANOVA and Tukey’s HSD post-hoc test. Dependent t-tests were used to compare changes in blood chemistries. Statistical significance was accepted at p<0.05. Results: Compared to baseline, NOV-XTadministration rapidly and significantly increased TT and BT. Mean changes from baseline for TT (Figure 1) after one, two, three, and four weeks of NOV-XT administration were: +145% (p<0.006), +183% (p<0.0005), +232% (p<0.0002), and +240% (p<0.0002), respectively. Meanchanges from baseline for BT (Figure 2) after one, two, three, and four weeks of NOV-XTadministration were: +300% (p<0.01), +402% (p<0.0009), +511% (p<0.0002), and +528% (p<0.0002), respectively. Despite these large increases in TT and BT, no significant aromatization to estradiol was observed (i.e., E2 concentrations remained 3-6 pg/mL below baseline at all timepoints). No statistically significant changes in clinical blood chemistries (fasting glucose, BUN, creatinine, bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, albumin, globulin, CO2, total protein, total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, VLDL-cholesterol) or systemic hemodynamics (heart rate, systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure) were observed, nor were any adverse events reported during the study.


    Good stuff. Thanks Size
  7. Board Supporter
    Kristopher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    553
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    28.13%

    wow, nice study
  8. Advanced Member
    Enigma76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    981
    Rep Power
    622
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    33.72%

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy939
    Alright, as you know HOT is discontinued.. Well, I am running PCT ATM and have only a few nights left worth of my bottle... I have a new bottle of Gaspari's Novedex XT as well.. Would Novedex suffice for my PCT? I ask because HOT seems to keep test levels elevated without the need of FSH or LH in the system, and I am wondering if the ATD is responsible for this, or if it is another compound in HOT that Novedex lacks.
    I have a feeling ATD is pretty much purely responsible for the test increases seen with UH and NovXT. A product like rebound (to plug DS) or even generic ATD from giant (PA's brand...20 bucks a bottle for 60 25mg pills...damn cheap) would probably net you the same overall effect, but for a much cheaper price.
  9. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2684
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    26.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I tried UH and by the 4th day (at 3caps per day), my libido was in the toilet. I stopped using it and within a few days I was back to normal.

    This is not to say its a bad product at all, but Ive read other reports of libido loss and lethargy from UH.

    BV
  10. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma76
    I have a feeling ATD is pretty much purely responsible for the test increases seen with UH and NovXT. A product like rebound (to plug DS) or even generic ATD from giant (PA's brand...20 bucks a bottle for 60 25mg pills...damn cheap) would probably net you the same overall effect, but for a much cheaper price.
    Maybe but the study used Novedex XT.
  11. Board Supporter
    diamonddave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    11435
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    63.48%

    Here's the conclusion & link from an earlier thread about this same subject.

    Conclusions: Within the framework of the current experimental design, these preliminary data indicate that four weeks of NOV-XT administration significantly elevates serum TT and BT, likelyvia the inhibition of estradiol formation and the shifting of the HPT axis towards androgen/testosterone production. In healthy, eugonadal men, supplementation with NOV-XT does not appear to result in any deleterious effects on blood chemistry or systemic hemodynamics. Ongoing research is being conducted to confirm and refine these results in a larger sample size, aswell as examine the impact of NOV-XT on androgenic and estrogenic metabolites, bodycomposition, and muscular performance. Supported in part by a research grant from Gaspari Nutrition (Neptune, NJ).

    original thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=512372
    It may all be on the up & up, but look where a good chunk of the money for the study came from. This makes me a little skeptical of the glowing outcome. jmho

    dd
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AXs PCT & RETAIN vs Novedex XT
    By THETEST in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 02:14 PM
  2. Ultra Hot vs. RXT
    By umdog in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 09:48 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in