Possible infection

G

General Patton

Awards
I glanced through the forums here and decided to post this question here. I hope it is the right place. I recently did a stupid move. I am not a rookie to this game, having about a dozen cycles under my belt, but I definaltely pulled a noob move by reusing a 25ga 1" pin to admin 1.5 cc of Denkall WV in my right quad. I read DR.D's post on anti-biotics on AR and was referred here by a friend. Here is exactly what I did. I grabbed a used plunger that had a little Wv in it, alcoholed the pin , bottle top and my leg in the appropiate area. I administered the shot, but had trouble pushing the fluid in. I only got about half the dose in, then I pulled it out and squirted some into the air to clead the needle. I then re-inserted the shot about 1/2" away from the first site and finished it. I swabbed the area with alcohol again and woke up the next day w/an extreme amount of pain....which isn't unusual for WV and the way it hits me. Now....2 days later....I am running a slight fever, (99.2F), and my leg is swollen to 25 inches, about 1/1/2 bigger than normal. I have significant heat and a splotchy red area about 8"x11" in size. Pain has gone down a bit but it still hurts even to the touch. From my research I think I have cellulitus. I'm no doctor though. I have 50 500mg penacillen, 8 500mg Biaxin XL, and 1/3 of a Z-pak as far as anti-biotics. I am taking 2 Biaxin/day, and 3 penacillen/day. I don't want to over-react, but I don't want to let this get out of hand either. I know that the Doc is gonna give me anti-biotics to take, and I'm wondering if anyone here would know if what I'm taking is along the right track? Please help, any info is appreciated.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
my best advice to you is to PM this to Dr. D .. he might not see this thread, but he'll see the PM and he's probably the best person to help you out

G

General Patton

Awards
I tried to pm him but it says I'm not allowed to. Could someone pm him for me and ask him to read my thread. I really need this Dr.D's advice. He has been highly recommended. Please pm him for me. Thank you.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Hey GP, your doing good with your current doses, but I might up the pen to 500mg/6hrs (2g's/day). I have had cellulitus at least twice before and treated successfully with pen G once and E-mycin the other time. You will probably continue to improve before you see the doc, if not go to a clinic sooner. High dose papya enzymes (any proteolytic really) and citrus bioflavinoids may help a lot with the swelling for pain relief, if you have any on hand. Take motrin if you need to, but let the fever break by itself if you can. I used to cold sterilize syringes with rubbing alcohol when I was a kid and reuse them 2 or 3 times. You almost had to, because pins were harder to obtain back then. I'm lucky I never killed myself, so I know how you feel, but it's OK man. Just be strict about it next time. Let me know if it get's any worse or what the doc tells you. God bless.

G

General Patton

Awards
Hey GP, your doing good with your current doses, but I might up the pen to 500mg/6hrs (2g's/day). I have had cellulitus at least twice before and treated successfully with pen G once and E-mycin the other time. You will probably continue to improve before you see the doc, if not go to a clinic sooner. High dose papya enzymes (any proteolytic really) and citrus bioflavinoids may help a lot with the swelling for pain relief, if you have any on hand. Take motrin if you need to, but let the fever break by itself if you can. I used to cold sterilize syringes with rubbing alcohol when I was a kid and reuse them 2 or 3 times. You almost had to, because pins were harder to obtain back then. I'm lucky I never killed myself, so I know how you feel, but it's OK man. Just be strict about it next time. Let me know if it get's any worse or what the doc tells you. God bless.
Thank you D for your response. I will up the dose as recommended. I have 50 of them so I'll have enough for 2 grams/day for 12 days . I'll sleep better tonight knowing that I'm on the right track to ending this mess. Thanks again....!!!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Anytime friend. If you can't get me, just find someone with PM's. I will certainly advise anyway I can.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D is always extremely helpful and looks after the 'bro's' like nobody else :thumbsup:

G

General Patton

Awards
Should i be up front w/ what i did if i go to a clinic? I have a local business and don't need the publicity. 25 ga needles don't leave much of a mark after 5 days....so what should I tell them? If I end up going?

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
Should i be up front w/ what i did if i go to a clinic? I have a local business and don't need the publicity. 25 ga needles don't leave much of a mark after 5 days....so what should I tell them? If I end up going?
I told the ER Doc I got bit by something only time it happened to me. It wasn't from re-using though. I'm blaming it on dirty HM Gear.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
At the clinic or the hospital, I would just act stupid and say I didn't know what it was. I would tell them the AB's I was on and for how long and at what dose and say that I suspected infection based on the symptoms, but that's it.

G

General Patton

Awards
Well fellas, I'm gonna live . I've become good friends with my doc, so I told him the truth. He filed it as a scratch from a counter top that got infected. I had a severe case of cellulitus, so DR.D nailed that one . He gave me a shot of Rocephrin, and put me on Augmentin....got 120 Norco's to boot w/ a refill!! I don't like lying to a guy who knows everything from my marriage life to my 25 lbs gains and elevated blood pressure between visits. I was ready for an ass-kickin....but he said that people do stipid things and just to make sure to use clean syringes each time. He was'nt even curious about the compound I was taking or if I was planning to continue. I guess you could say he was way cool. I drew a line around the redness last night and told myself that if it shrank...I'de chill and see what happened. But, the next moring the redness has crept over the pen line by 2 to 3 inches. I also felt very sick and nautious. Man, that nurse hit me 2 inches to far toward my spine than I would have....and she pumped in 3cc's in about 5 seconds! Youch,.it hurt like crap, but the best thing is that it is going away. I strongly advise eveyone here and on all the sites I'm a member on NEVER to re-use syringe. It just is not worth what I just went through. Just my opinion. Thanks for everyones help....especially DR.D. My hat is off to ya bro!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
GP,
I love you guys like brothers. I've been in a mess so many times myself, I just have to share what I've learned if it may help any of you stay alive and be healthier. God knows I've been there. I didn't realize that you were going to your personal doc. I assumed you were going to an ER or clinic or something. But you did right. Always level with your personal/family doc. 120 Norcos + a refill, he sounds like a keeper! Besides, he already passed my test for a good doc. A good doc not only writes you fat scripts, he is also willing to falsify records if it can keep you out of trouble. A good doc always has your best interests in mind. I hope everyone reading this takes your sound advise and uses fresh points with each injection.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear you're feeling well, bud.

Scared the **** outta me :eek:

G

General Patton

Awards
Thanks guys....good people here. I just might have found a new home here!

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
GP I am very very glad you got this taken care of... Sorry you had to join the non-reuse club the way that you did...

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
glad to hear that worked out for you buddy!