Body fat while "on"

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
I have found from past experiences that my body fat while "on" is completely thrown out of whack.. I mean, one cycle my abdomen skinfold measurement went from 6mm to 10mm, but after PCT it dropped down to 5mm.. Is this normal? I mean usually I hear of guys reporting body fat losses while on and the exact opposite occuring after they come off.. Is it in fact real fat gain and during PCT I lose the gained fat, or is it visceral water retention..? ehh, just trying to figure this one out here, as once I do this will help me with feeling like a fat ass all the time when I know how damn hard I work to keep the fat off. For example, that same cycle that I had a 10mm reading while "on," I was doing a helluva lotta' cardio and burning upwards of 1000 calories a day in 2 sessions (actual calories my body was burning. Recorded by HR monitor) and I ate only slightly above maintnenance (+500 on w/out days, maintenance on off days.) Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

Shock133

Awards
I have found from past experiences that my body fat while "on" is completely thrown out of whack.. I mean, one cycle my abdomen skinfold measurement went from 6mm to 10mm, but after PCT it dropped down to 5mm.. Is this normal? I mean usually I hear of guys reporting body fat losses while on and the exact opposite occuring after they come off.. Is it in fact real fat gain and during PCT I lose the gained fat, or is it visceral water retention..? ehh, just trying to figure this one out here, as once I do this will help me with feeling like a fat ass all the time when I know how damn hard I work to keep the fat off. For example, that same cycle that I had a 10mm reading while "on," I was doing a helluva lotta' cardio and burning upwards of 1000 calories a day in 2 sessions (actual calories my body was burning. Recorded by HR monitor) and I ate only slightly above maintnenance (+500 on w/out days, maintenance on off days.) Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?
I can't say that I've experienced the exact same thing since I'm fairly ectomorphic and stay at a low bodyfat most of the time. I was curious as to what compounds you were using and whether they are more androgenic or anabolic in nature? I would suppose that if they were more on the androgenic side that you might build a store of bodyfat and retain more water while on cycle.

Me personally, I've used more anabolic compounds up to this point and have leaned out significantly while on cycle. Obviously our body types are different though. Just some thoughts. Maybe this will help.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
My bet is that you are experiencing fluctuations in sub-Qwater retention. Obviously, on cycle, you will retain more water depending on what androgens you use. Then, during PCT you drop a lot of water and your skin is thinner. It's an expected response. (when you understand the physiologic response to extrernal stimuli.)

Stay Banned

My bet is that you are experiencing fluctuations in sub-Qwater retention. Obviously, on cycle, you will retain more water depending on what androgens you use. Then, during PCT you drop a lot of water and your skin is thinner. It's an expected response. (when you understand the physiologic response to extrernal stimuli.)
Agreed; representative of my thoughts.