First "gear" cycle, please critique

JimJames

Banned
Awards
First "gear" cycle, please critique (updated)

This is the rough draft of my first real “gear� cycle. I have used PH’s for almost 2 years or so and am looking to make the jump. I have done research over the last year looking primarily for a substance that would make a good first cycle and came up with the following. For you experts, please review and let me know if you see anything wrong with my plan. Just so I don’t get flamed too hard, I don’t plan on starting this for another 8-9 months as I want to make sure I have all bases covered. I am using this post as the diving board into what I will need to get started. Also, I will be talking to my doctor about what I plan to do and getting all blood work done in the upcoming months.

Test – wks 1-10 @ 500mg/wk

Dbol – wks 1-6 @ 25-30mg/day

Nolvadex wks 12-15 @ 40 mg/day

Nolvadex wks 1-10 @ 20 mg/day (ONLY IF NEEDED)

Workouts will look like this….

Mon. AM - Chest/Tri PM - Delts

Tues AM – Back/traps PM – Bi’s/forearms

Wed AM – Quads PM – Hams/calves

Thr AM - Delts PM - Chest/Tri

Fri AM - Bi’s/forearms PM – Back/traps

Sat AM - Hams/calves PM – Quads

I will be taking in between 4,000 – 4,500 calories per day @ 30/40/20 protein, carbs and fats.Sleep will be at least 7hrs but shooting for 8.5hrs continuous with an hour nap around noon.

Last edited:

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Have you thought of using arimidex on cycle to combat sides. That might be a better option. Maybe save the SERMs for post cycle. That is what I plan on doing for my first (which starts the end of august). For pct I plan on raloxifene instead of nolva though due to the fewer sides it supposedly has. I also plan on running 500 mg test but I am going to run it for 12 weeks instead of 10. BTW do you always train your whole body twice a week or are you just doing this on cycle out of curiosity?
I would also not run nolva at 40mg for 4 weeks. Taper off maybe 60/40/20/20
or 40/30/20/20.

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the input, I will look into using those other substances.

This training is for cycle only. I typically only hit one body part per week.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well this is where a vet's opinion might be good but if that is what your doing now you might want to stick with it IMO. If you do each twice you might have to lower the volume but I am not positive. Also that leaves only one day off. Recovery is very important as we all know. Maybe training each part once and having another day off would be more beneficial.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Cycle looks good. You may want to go with the 30mg's of Dbol. Personally, I'd run it for 4 weeks, but 6 would be the max. Keep the Nolva on-hand and only use if needed. Get some A-dex and only use it if bloat is bad. Bloating is actually a good thing, but you can control it with diet as well. Drink plenty of water.

Also, if you're going to run that type of training routine, I'd get a days rest in between. Maybe a 3 day on, one day off routine. Seems like you're going to possibly overtrain. However, everybody responds differently and you need to learn what works for you.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
cycle looks good; however, increasing your training routine to 2x a week can be a quick way to overtraining. IMO, stick with what works, the gear will only assist, not make you invincible.

nolva is good during cycle, if needed. as long as your diet is in check, there shouldn't be a need for adex for bloat control. still, it wouldn't hurt to have it on standby just in case bloat becomes a huge issue, dbol bloats me real bad.

during post, i wouldn't advise keeping the nolva at 40mgs for 4 weeks. perhaps, bump it down to 40/40/20/20 or thereabouts.

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the input. I am glad to see I have folks I trust providing advise on this.
I have devised another routine in the event this one was too much. Sunday and Thursday are off days, always, and I run a 4 day split continuously on the other days giving me 4-6 days rest for each muscle group. For example, if I hit chest & tris on Monday, I hit them again on Saturday. That following Monday would be back and continue on through the week ending with back on Saturday.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
that sounds better. just be on the lookout for any overtraining symptoms, i.e. gains stagnate, tired all the time, etc.

JimJames

Banned
Awards
As far as gear goes, I was origionaly going to go with ena, but thinking now I may go with sust. Any direction there? I am leaning more towords sust and can't see any reason not to go with it.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
because of the prop ester in sustanon, you have to inject EOD. meaning, if you're going to inject EOD anyway, might as well go with prop, it's cheaper. sust is generally more expensive than enanthate as well.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
As far as gear goes, I was origionaly going to go with ena, but thinking now I may go with sust. Any direction there? I am leaning more towords sust and can't see any reason not to go with it.
Go with enanthate or prop. Long esters are easier with less injections but take longer to kick in. While the short esters require more frequent injections, ED or EOD, but kick in fast and clear your system quicker.

All depends on what you are expecting from the cycle.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Have you thought of using arimidex on cycle to combat sides.

^^^^
Get the Arimidex from IBE. They had a sale going recently ($20-25?). .5mg EOD is good. 1 Bottle would probably cover the entire cycle.

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Will do, thanks.
I almost have my shoping list complete and will post in a day or so.

thanks for all the help...

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Here's my shopping list, thanks for all the help guy's...

Test ena
Dbol
Armidex
Rebound XT
Lean Xtream
Nolva

JimJames

Banned
Awards
I won't start this until around October, but I am dang excited. I hate needles, but the ends justifeys the means. Fear is not an option, never will be.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
yeah just pin once and it's all good after that. I suggest delts that's most familiar. I stuck it in my quad (mistake 1), wiggled it over and over (mistake 2). Could hardly walk for a week...

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Thought I would give an update on my cycle… my weight starting was about 225lbs and I am now about 255lbs with 2-3 weeks left. I timed this cycle through the holidays so I could eat like a pig and I did. Not sure how accurate the calipers are at this point… I am assuming bloat would have a terrible effect on it. I actually had to get some bigger pants due to my waistline growing. I know I put on some fat, but I planned on that anyway, just wish I knew if it is all flab or some due to bloat. If anyone has experience, let me know.

My wife gave me an indirect compliment, as we were about to board a plane and said if there was any trouble, I was the biggest guy on the plane that she could see. If I needed any help, there wasn’t going to be much. The plane was full and she doesn’t know I am on.

At work, some people are accusing me of being on the sauce so there are some very noticeable gains. One thing that works in my advantage, or disadvantage depending on your perspective, is that I put my fat weight on all over. I do carry extra around my gut, but I also put it on through out my shoulders, chest, back ect. giving me a very thick look.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
keep us informed bro! maybe move it over to the cycle log section, im about to start the same cycle with SD instead of dbol (wish i could get that) in 6 days.if you want some ebooks i recommend chemical muscle enhancement and building the perfect beast, post an email and i can send them both to you if you dont already have them

JimJames

Banned
Awards
I just need the beast one... I have the other.

Please PM if you can send it.

Last edited: