Quick SD question

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
a friend of mine is getting ready to start his SD. I explained how critical it is to load up on the good carbs, protein, calories & water. He just went out & bought the 4lb SciTec Creatine Express. He's wondering if that would be good for him to take. I checked the stuff out & it has this:

• 10 grams of Ultrapure[size=-2]TM[/size] Creatine Monohydrate
  • 75 grams of insulin releasing Dextrose
  • Fortified with Glutamine, Taurine and Phosphates
I'm not up on too much of this info, so I thought I'd throw it out here. We both work together here @ the firehouse, so we don't usually hit the weights till around 8pm. I remember when Cel-Tech first came out, I learned the hard way to not take that junk at 9 or 10pm at night.. Would this stuff be the same way?

Thanks-

Yankee

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
The word is that creatine is not necessary while on an SD cycle. It might make the back pumps worse.

It has been recommended to use it during the PCT.

The Glutamine and Taurine (especially) are a good idea - so you might suggest getting these supps in another form.

Regards,
R

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
damn, that's right, forgot about the back pumps. I mentioned those to him a while back & suggested the Tuarine & bananas, but I'll also suggest he throw a little Glutamine in the mix. Oh yeah, what about the NO Explode by BSN? I think he's wanting to get that too.. I told him to go w/ the CET from Custom if he really had to use creatine while on the SD, but you know how some people just don't listen..

anyway, thanks again!

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Dont forget anywhere between 1000- 2000mgs of milk thistle during and pct. Gotta protect that liver!! By the way, black label and a semper fi sig. Be carefull with that. I was an equal oportunity rep for 3 years and my unit colonel tried to bust someone for sporting the tat. Had to get it covered up. Peace and semper to you!!!

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I've already got a few people here on the Milk Thistle..

Yeah, I guess some are more extreme than others when it comes to view points.

Semper Fi

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
damn, that's right, forgot about the back pumps. I mentioned those to him a while back & suggested the Tuarine & bananas, but I'll also suggest he throw a little Glutamine in the mix. Oh yeah, what about the NO Explode by BSN? I think he's wanting to get that too.. I told him to go w/ the CET from Custom if he really had to use creatine while on the SD, but you know how some people just don't listen..

anyway, thanks again!
I really like Pro Liver from Proform - has NAC and Milk Thistle in the right strengths. I was not on anything, but I took it anyway as a test and my liver enzymes went down lower.

I strongly suggest keeping the SD cycle clean. My intention will be to do nothing other than Multivits, Flax oil, Taurine and L-glutamine along with the Pro Liver.

Strength increases and pumps should be enough to keep him going through the workouts - if not, maybe a simple energy boost product, like AX Rampage. NO Explode does not work well for me, but look at all of those ingedients! Why mess with what the SD is doing?

During PCT, control the cortisol and then pick up on the other supplements.

That is my advice - but keep in mind that i have not done my SD yet, and these are the conclusions that i have arrived at from hundreds of hours of reading several forums, stickies and guides.

Regards,
R

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
NO-explode might make back pumps worse as well. When on SD I use herbs hawthorne berry, ryr, odorless garlic, milk thistle, coq10, etc. Only supps I take are protein, multi(animal pak), and aminos(animal nitro). Those work just fine for me. Defininately save creatine for pct. My second sd cycle I tried using creatine (vitargo cgl) and I stopped. Made the whole dehydration thing worse for me.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
Dont forget anywhere between 1000- 2000mgs of milk thistle during and pct. Gotta protect that liver!! By the way, black label and a semper fi sig. Be carefull with that. I was an equal oportunity rep for 3 years and my unit colonel tried to bust someone for sporting the tat. Had to get it covered up. Peace and semper to you!!!
that better for ya?:thumbsup:

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I did not care, thought you were still in. Noticed in another post you were out now so what ever is cool. No where did I say that I fried people but rather the CO! Those clowns are stupid anyways. Chesty makes me want to go back in, wait, he is not that good. I love my freedom.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
It's cool.. I've got some pretty thick skin w/ a whole lotta oil on my back :) so no problem here. Yeah, CO's tend to be of a different breed I think..