Bulk to cut?

Jamesdunlop

Awards
Hi Guys I've been bulking for the last 10 week's on teste and deca both at 300mg twice a week. I have made some serious gains in size and strength but I've also got fat as ****!! Diet is pretty clean and training is good but because I'm in such a surplus for maximum gains I'm turning into a chunky monkey lol. So anyway I go on holiday at the end of April which means I need to be shredded so I was wondering can i change mid cycle from a bulk to a cut if I keep running test and add in winny without pcting first or is that just stupid? My problem is I will pct in January for 6 weeks and then I can't cut for at least another 6 weeks after that or I'll sacrifice my gains meaning I would only have 4 weeks to cut which obviously isn't enough time. Any ideas on how I can maintain most of my gains but still get ripped for April or am I pissing in the wind. I've ****ed up my cycle timing big time lol.

I appreciate any and all help

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In to hear what people have to say. I just bulked for ten weeks also and now want to immediately jump into a cut but I’m wondering if it’d be smarter to maintain for a little while. I did this naturally so I’m not in the exact same position as you but I wonder if bulking and then switching to a cut right away is a good idea for people in general.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol, this will be a do as I say and not as I do post.......I’ve screwed this up before and still have the same battle.

First thing is that the fat gain may actually be some water to some extent - I.e might not be as bad as you think.

However, learning from my mistakes I would just accept that you might not be as shredded as you want for holiday this year. Don’t sacrifice your gains and don’t cut too soon. This is a long term game and you won’t have this issue as much when you start future cycles shredded AF.

It’s hard as most of us want to look as good as possible all the time but until you have some proper size that’s gonna be tough.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Remove all but 30g carbs and replace those calories with 80% protein 20% fat. You will shed the fat and retain the muscle very easily as long as you’re still on cycle. You will lose some glycogen, but once you drop some fat you can reload for a day and blow up for a few days as a result before removing carbs takes that effect again, while still losing fat because you’ve removed carbs. Absolutely no cheating period. Do not reduce calories.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In to hear what people have to say. I just bulked for ten weeks also and now want to immediately jump into a cut but I’m wondering if it’d be smarter to maintain for a little while. I did this naturally so I’m not in the exact same position as you but I wonder if bulking and then switching to a cut right away is a good idea for people in general.
I had a guy who was an old school bodybuilder massive as fuk. And he told me stop worrying about having abs and not worry about eating so clean. You have to get sloppy if you truly want to put size.. problem is we all lol up to these Instagram or whatever people who only post pics of them shredded and I can tell you they ain’t staying like that year round and growing simultaneously.. most of the time they actually look like ****. Like I mean not much cuts or anything. But i was told to get as big as I Can and then hold it for maybe close to a year and then come down.

gspark05

gspark05

Awards
Everyone has their own opinions on bulk. I agree with bradleyt1, I try to maintain my macros, but I’m no prepared tupaware guy and I’m of the opinion that a clean bulk is like a faithful whore - a myth lol.

I’m bulking now and I get two potbelly sandwiches or three Chick-fil-A sandwiches with nuggets for lunch ... def not clean but I’m up 15lbs since October. I always pack on some fat and shred back in summer.

Although I’m genetically an ecto so I never get above 16ish % bf