HCG is it needed?

Jamesdunlop

Awards
Hi Guys,

I'm on cycle just now. I've been taking TestE and deca. Week 1- 10 TestE 300mg twice a week and 300mg deca twice a week. Now I plan to drop Deca and run just test for the remaining 4 weeks still at 300mg twice a week. My question are - is HCG necessary before PCT? What are consequences of not taking it? I was told it's required for the last two weeks of cycle to restore LH and to kick start the testies into producing Test again. So does that mean it just helps recover quicker during Pct to restore test back to normal? I've got my pct ready but wasn't sure if HCG is required for a 14 week cycle?

Any and all info would be great. I'd be lost without you guys haha

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HCG is never a "requirement." It mimics the LH signal telling your testes to turn on - start production again. Ideally you can run it lower dose throughout the cycle. Some prefer to blast it the last several weeks. In the end it simply helps you recover natural T a little quicker (or a lot).

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You'll want to run it up until the enanthate esther clears - so roughly up to 2 weeks after your last injection. Then you'll jump on your pct drugs and drop the hcg.

Jamesdunlop

Awards
Thank for the advice man! Much appreciated! Sounds like it's worth taking then. Ive just heard so many people dont take it and recover fairly quickly and was thinking it was maybe only for much longer cycles. But I'm all for a quick recovery so anything that helps I'm all for! Cheers

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank for the advice man! Much appreciated! Sounds like it's worth taking then. Ive just heard so many people dont take it and recover fairly quickly and was thinking it was maybe only for much longer cycles. But I'm all for a quick recovery so anything that helps I'm all for! Cheers
You'll like it - I run it alongside every cycle now. Has been very helpful cutting down my recovery time.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I had always used it in bursts mid cycle and then once again before coming off, to prevent any atrophy. Then again my pct protocols and knowledge are probably a bit off since my suppression has always been minimal and I just did it because I was told to do so. I could digress into a long story here but I won’t.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
On a side note i feel Hcg is a pain to get ahold of and the one domestic source sells it for like $50 which makes no sense at all

LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many IU’s for $50, just curious on the domestic pricing

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
On a side note i feel Hcg is a pain to get ahold of and the one domestic source sells it for like $50 which makes no sense at all
There’s definitely more than one domestic source and it’s less than 50 by a lot.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definately more than 1 domestic source indeed. And if you dont mind waiting 2-3 weeks for delivery then you can get a 5000iu pharm grade product for under 20$

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well tbh I don't think we actually know if hcg helps with preventing leydig cell atrophy ON CYCLE. We have seen many bloods where people take a serm on cycle with an oral only aas like tbol for instance. Most had LH still elevated but their test was either zero or very close to it. AAS don't just shuttdown LH production, they also directly prevent testies from producing test. Seeing as HCG mimics LH it could be that on cycle it's useless, untill the aas mostly clears out of your system.

Sure, many will report that their balls come alive, get bigger, when they use hcg mid cycle but that has probably more to do with fertility factors; sperm load, etc. Only way to now for sure if it helps is to do bloods right before and after hcg. To see if TT has risen.

So it might actually make more sense to use hcg in the first two weeks of pct, where it will actually have an effect and help speed up recovery. HCG is not hugely suppressive.

Question is if hcg helps with leydig cell atrophy even if don't help produce test...

My 2 cents and only my opinion, not stating any of this as facts.